Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Farming Conqueror title or forget it?

Hey guys,

I'm a PvE player mostly doing some casual pvp but nothing serious.Since i spend time in BG's for fun or because i'm bored i thought of doing some achievements.As a Horde i thought that Battlemaster would be extremely hard and i'd like to try Conqueror.

Now i know it was a pain in the ass some years ago but i've heard they kinda ''boosted'' the rep gain. Any tips / opinions if it's easier now or how long it would take me in theory?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if you try and 'grind' it you will make yourself insane and quit (I understand you said you aren't, but just saying). My best advice for gaining the grindier pvp achievements, is just play PvP and enjoy it. It just takes time.
    Last edited by Toralin; 2015-08-02 at 01:27 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It will drive you insane. Especially the wsg one where you only get rep if your team actually caps flags, making some bgs a total waste of time.

If you start out on Neutral / friendly, you have a hell of a ride before you.

I don't know how much a WSG game brings rep wise currently, last time (Which was on Wotlk) is around ~35 per flag.

According to wowhead, you need 1200 turned in Flag in total.

That is 400 WON games in Warsong Gulch, taking a 50 / 50 Win / Loss ratio and add some 1 / 3 ; 2 / 3 Loss into account, you'll need around 600 WSG games for the WSG part alone.

Granted, it is the hardest part of the Achievement but i highly recommend doing it on a character on which you really enjoy PvP or have already a serious Rep advantage.

I remember doing it in Wotlk and it was a pain in the ass, even on a character which started out on halfway to Revered in WSG and Arathi basin.

edit: you gain now 100 Rep per Flag.

so you need 420 turned in Flags => 140 Wins, still a fucking lot.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2015-08-02 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If you start out on Neutral / friendly, you have a hell of a ride before you.

I don't know how much a WSG game brings rep wise currently, last time (Which was on Wotlk) is around ~35 per flag.

According to wowhead, you need 1200 turned in Flag in total.

That is 400 WON games in Warsong Gulch, taking a 50 / 50 Win / Loss ratio and add some 1 / 3 ; 2 / 3 Loss into account, you'll need around 600 WSG games for the WSG part alone.

Granted, it is the hardest part of the Achievement but i highly recommend doing it on a character on which you really enjoy PvP or have already a serious Rep advantage.

I remember doing it in Wotlk and it was a pain in the ass, even on a character which started out on halfway to Revered in WSG and Arathi basin.

edit: you gain now 100 Rep per Flag.

so you need 420 turned in Flags => 140 Wins, still a fucking lot.

I'm friendly unfortunately at WSG.

AV/AB i'm at revered. AB i just went revered seems like you get 50 points per 150resources so win/lose won't be a problem.

AV i have no idea.I played one and lost ( wich is 99% of horde) i got 200ish rep.Dunno if capping/deffing points will affect rep or if they're quests still available.

I checked WSG as well seems is like 100rep/cap and 100if you win else is 35.That can be really really hard as a Horde since we mostly getting pubstomped.Good thing i'm a rogue i guess so i can cap fast when most people random fighting at middle.

I really want to gather like a 5man group to spam WSG but as most of you said i'm afraid i will ger burned out fast and quit it.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently at 17000 revered Silverwing Sentinels with my Paladin. Played 639 Won 304. It's a very long grind. You will go insane from trying to push it. Just something you have to do over time, the rep is horrible to get.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

All the posts above (except Kralljin's edit) refer to how it was before the buff.

I still agree that you should sorta just do it "in the background" while completing other achievements. Or just do it once in a while. But it is up to you. AB/WSG is fun in general, so pretend you're just doing it to have fun. If you sit there and watch the rep bar, you'll lose your spirit and it'll drift away into the nebulas to be eaten by a space whale.

I got my AV/WSG/AB exalted rep back in Vanilla...:x

Back in vanilla it was very easy. Due to getting 1 token for a loss and 3 for a win, and hand in 3 for 150 rep.

They recently buffed AB and WSG reps. AB is a joke now. AV has always been fairly quick. AB is now too. WSG is still little bit of a grind, but its faster then before.

AB is pretty easy now. However WSG is long as fuuuuuck. Not as long as before, but still

10+ Year Old Account
    Only start pushing ws rep when you are halfway trough revered on the way to exalted, otherwise i recommend a lot! of anti depressiva and even if you take them i know you will have a certain urge to throw your whole pc out of the window.

Roll a new toon, go something like Disc priest or maybe feral druid. Better off grinding lowbie style, but you'll also have fun as an OP class.

100 per flag cap, 100 for win, 35 for loss. At least now, you get some rep. I'd say dont binge grind it, only do 2-3 at a time unless you manage to get some wreckers in your queues. Since your rep is already low, you aren't really saccing a lot of previously gained rep/time. Since achievements are account wide, I've been been hunting some achievements on specific toons that are a little better at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Here's to hoping they give us account wide reputations.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't know. Farmed it in Vanilla, during the rank grind. At least look at it this way, you're on Horde so you won't have trouble with long queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Roll a new toon, go something like Disc priest or maybe feral druid. Better off grinding lowbie style, but you'll also have fun as an OP class.

100 per flag cap, 100 for win, 35 for loss. At least now, you get some rep. I'd say dont binge grind it, only do 2-3 at a time unless you manage to get some wreckers in your queues. Since your rep is already low, you aren't really saccing a lot of previously gained rep/time. Since achievements are account wide, I've been been hunting some achievements on specific toons that are a little better at it.

that title isnt account wide though... also that would take this person like a year..lol.

AV has always been easy, AB has been nerfed since WoD and afaik WSG is still insane, sad they nerf all hard achievements instead of making them FoS. Should change the name to "checklist".
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    that title isnt account wide though... also that would take this person like a year..lol.
    Shit, it's not? Battlemaster is though... is it because it is rep based?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Conqueror / Justiciar Titles take some time to farm.
    It's not really meant to be an easy title to obtain.

I forget how long it took me to get the Justicar Title, but it was something in the range of ~1200 games
    I have the title on my level 29, but I've had them for quite a while.

Totally worth getting the title if you enjoy PvP, you will eventually come by it.
    Best of luck.

Deleted
    it's already received the dumbing down treatment and is now rather easy compared to how hard it was during Wrath/Cata, so go for it, it's not that bad anymore

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    Here's to hoping they give us account wide reputations.
    Oh boy,i'm waiting tho.. So god damn lame! Or at least make the 55 exalted achive etc account wide stacking. Fucking lame to change main when you're on like 53.