Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I agree but not tipping the waitstaff does nothing, low wage workers do not have any sort of power in regards to abolishing the tipping system. If you want to punish restaurants for tip wage laws then do not frequent restaurants that require tipping, there are a lot of casual dining places where tipping is not expected.
    I normally don't.

And your idea that tipping ensures good service must be exclusive to the pacific northwest. You don't get your check until after the meal in Iowa. I could see if you're a regular with a history of tipping well though. I gave a 20$ tip at a Hu Hot that I frequent and every time I walk in there I feel like a mixed Chris Christie with food servants.

Not that it really matters. I'm well aware of the low prices allowed because of your shit wages, so regardless of your performace, you get a base of 5 dollars. Tip goes up depending on my level of satisfaction, and it takes a fuckton to piss me off enough to only give the minimum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i usually tip 15-30% for really good service....unless my waiter is or plays a draenei then she/he gets NOTHING.
    How will they pay for priest/paladin school?

They just raised tuition to cover the costs of repairing the damage wrought by Grom and his savages. YOU FIEND!

10+ Year Old Account
    draenei are too dumb to read or write. schools are reserved for proper races.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    draenei are too dumb to read or write. schools are reserved for proper races.
    It's true, I have no idea what he just said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I normally don't.

And your idea that tipping ensures good service must be exclusive to the pacific northwest. You don't get your check until after the meal in Iowa. I could see if you're a regular with a history of tipping well though. I gave a 20$ tip at a Hu Hot that I frequent and every time I walk in there I feel like a mixed Chris Christie with food servants.
    Yeah, I was referring to places that people dine at more than once.

And yeah, I love leaving generous tips. Funnily enough, the best service I've gotten in Portland was when I went out for breakfast at this shitty dive bar. Servers at hipster hangouts can be rather douche-y/pretentious...food was better than expected (expectations were low) but the waitress was really nice. She got $10 on a $10 bill.

$2 seems fair, unless you want a $5 bill. Then again I try as much as possible to tip my food delivery service, but they don't mind if I can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    So anyone who has read these tipping threads before probably already knows my stance on this, but I'm gonna repeat it again.

When I was in High School, tips were sometimes the only way we had food on the table in between my mother's meager paychecks. My dad, who is mentally ill, couldn't or wouldn't (I'm still torn on this one) hold down a job. So my mom, who didn't have a college education, worked three jobs trying to keep the mortgage paid and the car note paid and food on the table for three growing kids.

She actually got robbed at one point, because the scumbag Little Ceasar's she worked at made her deliver pizza to an area of town that none of the other pizza places would go to. She was attacked, her money was taken, and she was nearly strangled to death. It was pretty much a fucking miracle that the guy suddenly got scared and ran off because there was no one else there who would help her. Incidentally, this is why I refuse to go to Little Ceasar's pizza places to this day.

So yeah, my mom basically faced death or worse every night to put food on the table. I have immense respect for her.

Now some of y'all are probably going to come up with all kinds of reasons to put my mother down, and say this or that about how it was her fault, etc, that she was in the situation and not your fault that pizza places are fucking parasites. But the fact remains that those tips fed me and my two younger brothers. They were literally the reason we had any food in the house at all for a long time, because her actual checks were torn apart by taxes, mortgage payments, etc.

I always tip, because I remember what it was like when people stiffed my mom. I won't do that to someone else.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

0% if they robbed you and or didn't deliver the food
    10% if its around the corner
    15% if its a bit of a drive
    20% for exceptional service/long drive.

What ever you think is fair, just give something. My friend was delivering pizza and the guys total was 19.98, he gave my friend a 20 and said "keep the change!" and then let out a big laugh. Don't do that