Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    By putting them down, amirite?
    So what, your perfectly ok with people rioting and burning down a town with no consequences at all just because they are upset?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...801-story.html

Im sure you guys remember the riots that burned and destroyed a portion of baltimore, so the question is should the city receive aid to pay for the damage the citizens caused?
    No, FEMA should not. Reason being is that the damage was man-made and the city leaders of Baltimore made the conscious decision to allow it to happen.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

To sate my own personal curiosity, OP do you mind sharing your age with us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...801-story.html

Im sure you guys remember the riots that burned and destroyed a portion of baltimore, so the question is should the city receive aid to pay for the damage the citizens caused?
    Yes. Why is this even being debated?
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    To sate my own personal curiosity, OP do you mind sharing your age with us?
    What does my age anything to do with this?

Pretty sure FEMA only covers natural disasters, earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, etc. Out in the West they do forest fires too.

I think Baltimore will have to ask the state of Maryland for aide or the Federal government, good luck on that.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hey they wanna riot and fuck shit up in their communities, let them pay for it. Let the community take responsibility for its actions, for once.

Loaded question. The city already has $11 million USD in unspent FEMA aid as the article points out. What is the purpose of giving Maryland more money when they are not even spending what they have already received?
    Last edited by Brangh; 2015-08-02 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Misread article
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    That is a level of victim blaming even morons in the US can't reach...
    MMO-C moderation, just a peg above Fox News

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I would say yes, however, the mayor of Baltimore basically told police to let them do whatever they wanted so my answer has to be No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Well I would say yes, however, the mayor of Baltimore basically told police to let them do whatever they wanted so my answer has to be No.
    Thats part of why the answer has to be no. Letting them show everyone the kind of apes they are was the right move thought. If the police had intervened everyone would have been on their back until the end of time. Cant blame them for that.

Isn't this the second time you've made this thread? And were shown that fema includes damages for riots?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Pretty sure FEMA only covers natural disasters, earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, etc. Out in the West they do forest fires too.

I think Baltimore will have to ask the state of Maryland for aide or the Federal government, good luck on that.
    You would be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    No, FEMA should not. Reason being is that the damage was man-made and the city leaders of Baltimore made the conscious decision to allow it to happen.
    FEMA includes man-made damages.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't the rioters pay? FEMA is more natural disasters and such.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    By putting them down, amirite?
    That would be my preference. I'm in favor of extremely aggressive crackdowns on insurrectionists. Individuals that show their displeasure with the government via looting and damaging private property should be dealt with harshly.

hurt feelings does not merit property damage..
    But apparently property damage warrants death... hmmmm.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That would be my preference. I'm in favor of extremely aggressive crackdowns on insurrectionists. Individuals that show their displeasure with the government via looting and damaging private property should be dealt with harshly.
    Sounds utterly foolish.

I mean my what a world we'd live in. We'd have sterilization of petty criminals and people being killed for looting.

"They should be dealt with harshly, kill them"

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Sounds utterly foolish.

I mean my what a world we'd live in. We'd have sterilization of petty criminals and people being killed for looting.

"They should be dealt with harshly, kill them"
    I think you know I'm enthusiastic about Singaporean justice.

I think you know I'm enthusiastic about Singaporean justice.
    Where you can face death for carrying small amounts of meth.

Yes, that's the one. They don't have much in the way of meth problems, you'll notice. Not much graffiti either. Decent people can safely walk the streets at night. Can you say the same for Baltimore?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yes.

Not sure why this is actually a question.
    Not sure why you would say yes

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Shouldn't the rioters pay? FEMA is more natural disasters and such.
    No, it's not. It's just that we don't have as many civil emergencies as natural disasters so you don't see FEMA in those situations as often.

Yes, that's the one. They don't have much in the way of meth problems, you'll notice. Not much graffiti either. Decent people can safely walk the streets at night. Can you say the same for Baltimore?
    Completely different countries, completely different cultures, completely different history. Don't even try to say they're not like Baltimore because they'll kill or harshly punish drug dealers. You are smarter than this, so please find a better argument.