Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Is the Everbloom "last boss only" route an exploit?

People probably know what I'm talking about. If not, let me explain without an explicit path description: a group can complete Everbloom with a handful of trash pulls followed by some terrain shortcuts (jumping, ridge running, cutting through huts, etc.). This skips every other boss and circumvents the closed vine gate that blocks the Stormwind portal.

Is this considered an exploit?

I got into a Mythic group last night that insisted on doing this, and no one would answer that question. I was very surprised to zone into a fresh instance when the Group Finder advertisement said "last boss only, fast run". I figured there were trash respawns, at first, but when I realized what was happening, I asked if the shortcut was considered an exploit (going around the closed gate is what worries me). The answer I got was "gogogo" from some 14-year-old PVPtard Rogue who proceeded to sprint through the portal and aggro the final boss.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Warlords of Dreanor is considered an exploit

the wall jump isnt really an exploit. doing it 4x to complete the quest, maybe. theyre not going to punish anyone over this though, if thats what youre worried about. hope that clears it up

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blupr View Post
    Warlords of Dreanor is considered an exploit
    /facepalm

What I mean is, has there ever been an official post about this? I know that the "shortcuts" in Everbloom were slated for correction in 6.1, but this change was undone before the patch went live because of concerns about the CM records.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    its kinda sorta an exploit. but not one that anyone is going to get punished over. hope that clears this up
    Yes. That's exactly what I'm asking. Thank you very much.

Based on the definition of what BLizzard considers an exploit, yes. Are you going to get punished for it/ that depends on how large the impact the exploit has and how many other people do it and if you're reported for it or not.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Doesnt matter. to many has abused it. even if it was considered an exploit theres no way they can punish everyone.

Expect a fix til next time though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    the wall jump isnt really an exploit. doing it 4x to complete the quest, maybe. theyre not going to punish anyone over this though, if thats what youre worried about. hope that clears it up
    This is pretty much right.

It's an exploit, yeah, but they're not going to ban you for it because you're not harming the game or getting anything you couldnt've gotten otherwise. The worst you have to worry about if you "abuse" the exploit is going back in there one week to find new invisible walls stopping you from using that method.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    it doesn't give you an advantage of anysort, nor ruins the game/bugs the boss, you still fight the last boss and do the tactics, u just skipped everything in that dungeon

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    This is pretty much right.

It's an exploit, yeah, but they're not going to ban you for it because you're not harming the game or getting anything you couldnt've gotten otherwise. The worst you have to worry about if you "abuse" the exploit is going back in there one week to find new invisible walls stopping you from using that method.
    Yeah, I just checked this in North American group finder. Many groups are now explicitly advertising that they're doing this repeatedly for the quest.

yes. its clearly an exploit. dont you remember that blizz added extra invisible walls to prevent you from doing this sort of thing? getting around that = exploit

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Doesnt matter. to many has abused it. even if it was considered an exploit theres no way they can punish everyone.

Expect a fix til next time though.
    You're right, Blizzard would never do that:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-bans...raft-accounts/
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Next time they'll make you complete all the "objectives" (aka bosses) on the right hand side of your screen with the default UI.

That being said, this is probably technically an exploit as they assumed people would complete entire instances and not wall jump. They also will not punish people for this and will likely do one of two things IN THE FUTURE. Fix the wall jumps OR (and this is most likely) do what I said originally, require all of the objectives of the instance (bosses) to be completed.

TLDR: Feel free to do last bossx4 on every one of your alts, nothing will happen to you. Wall jumping in Everbloom isn't an exploit as the Devs know it exists and have done very little about it, doing it 4x for the quest is a grey area at worst and you won't be infracted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    found to be using third-party programs that automate gameplay, known as 'bots',"

Nice of you to take the time to find a article that has nothing to do with this. And if you knew how they tracked some stuff you'd be embarrassed atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    big difference between botting and wall jumping that blizzard KNOWS exists and has not acted upon.

Deleted
    "But... but... Blizzard, it's only a small exploit, surely you won't swing that giant banhammer for a small exploit, would you? I mean, it's not like it's a big exploit. It's just a tiny exploit..."

I would imagine that this would 100% be considered an exploit, seeing as you are full on deliberately skipping a mechanic (the gate blocking the portal) to go directly to the end boss. How hard blizzard decides to come down on people using said exploit is a different matter entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its a clever use of blizzards total incompetence.

Sure, it's an exploit, but I'll keep doing it until they stop overrewarding easy content.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

This skips every other boss and circumvents the closed vine gate that blocks the Stormwind portal.

This alone should answer your question.
    There is a reason the vine gate is there

No. Blizzard is fully responsible for even making this bullshit possible. Like, the bullshit they threatened with saying they were "fixing shortcuts" in dungeons after people have gotten realm first CM titles for using them is unbelievably stupid. It's one of the dumbest things, almost as fucking stupid as banning the world first kill of Lich King 25H for doing dps properly, with engineering bombs to increase damage.

Blizzard has shown themselves to be very stubborn and arrogant when it comes to culpability for so-called "exploits". This isn't like, duplicating mounts or multiplying money. This is killing the last boss of a dungeon, which is accessible through Blizzard's awful response to critical beta feedback about the platforming skip nature of The Everbloom before the game even released. Sure, a lot of people have already used this to circumvent doing Mythic Dungeons with people who are in full Empowered Apexis Gear but can't even pull 30k dps, but it's entirely possible Blizzard will try to patch out what they kept in the game despite beta feedback since launch.