Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Somehow I think the Mercenary thing is what's holding the patch up.

Enabling flying is too complex now. Seriously, I never thought it would take them this long to enable it. Blizzard these days...

(No one cares if it is mercenary mode holding things up or whatever. It's their problem, they could enable flying in one small patch and add that misfeature of a mercenary mode in another small patch.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galithiel View Post
    You're wrong, their's only like 5% of level 100 players that completed all requirements, if not even less.
    Source?

I'd be interested in those figures.

Edit: Holy crap my sig is really outdated now. Must fix that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real problem with account wide flying is how fast people will be leveling alts. They're going to nerf the XP for finding treasures.

I think an explosion in level 100 alts troubles them. Which means more garrisons.... which means more gold in the economy....

It clearly shows they hadn't planned on flying in this expansion.
    Do the ptr and you will find dead zones while flying that knocks one out of the sky to fall to thier death.
    They are everywhere and they need to fix it before the release flying.
    This could take awhile.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, they are not going to drop the flying patch this week. I wouldn't be surprise if they wait until alpha/beta started for the next expansion. That said, the 2nd quarter numbers come out this week, along with what the next expansion is going to be. If one or both of those are bad look for flying to be in the next couple weeks. The runesaber mount came out for the last quarter numbers, flying will be the carrot to draw people back in to the fold like the sheep people are they will bite and come back in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    For 2 monkeys it shouldn't take longer than 2 weeks to make those small changes. Let's say 4 weeks if they want to test it.
    They work with developer tools, not handcoding every single bit, it takes like 2 click to change invisible walls or smooth out terrain.

It was just another lie when they said the patch will be out as soon as possible, im not surprised
    Then you get your resume in, get hired, and fix it. Enough babbling on a forum about how easy it is. You get the job, go fix it, and get the patch out.

If two monkeys can do it, one human should have no problem.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    The real problem with account wide flying is how fast people will be leveling alts. They're going to nerf the XP for finding treasures.

I think an explosion in level 100 alts troubles them. Which means more garrisons.... which means more gold in the economy....
    At this point I have 15 at level 100 and I had those done within 3 weeks of the expansion dropping. Who care about alts leveling at the end of an expansion, that is when a lot of people take the time to do it anyway, because they usually have very little else to do with their time. Heck I am in the process of doing another 3 because I am done with Tanaan except for farming out the 5000 claws for the one achievement.

I was ready to fly in 10 days from 6.2 dropping and the only reason I did the whole ten days of grinding, is because I knew that flying was not coming out in weeks and knew that it would end up be months. Anyone that really thought that Blizzard (after more than a year of not wanting flying) was going to allow in in a matter of weeks, Has either not been playing this game very long or they believe everything they read and see from a company that has proven so much over time to not be trust in that way.

I knew exact what was going to happen with the whole flying thing, it does not take a rocket scientist to know how this was going to play out. To drown the massive outcry on flying. They put out a statement that many take as them caving (this was a great PR move). They were not actually caving, they were more or less calculating and reading on what many would be willing to do to be able to fly. Many suggested exactly what ended up happening. Getting Loremaster and Explorer Titles, (this made people do exactly what Blizzard want them to do, the content) they threw in a couple other gems for those that already don both of this by making the hunt treasure (if they did not bother to already do this) and grind 3 reps in the new content in Tanaan (which more than assured that everyone that want to fly would do all the content Tanaan had to do).

All this was a brilliant from both a Dev and PR perspective, it squash the whole up roar over flying, give everyone another free mount and for Blizzard and the Devs they got what they want in everyone that wanted flying to do all the content did not complete prior in order to get flying back. Now they are sitting back waiting for the people that been lagging behind or finally budged on coming back (these are the ones that refused to come back until flying was put in) because they knew if they waited any longer they would be butting up to the next expansion.

I am not sure how no one saw this play out the way it end up playing out. They had a PR nightmare on their hands and they did another PR move to counter it and they knew it would work, because they no their customer base. Dangle some carrots in their faces and they will come running all day long. A lot of people literally got tooled in this process, now you have to sit back and wait.

I am sure if flying is not in soon, the up roar will start all over again and then they will pop something else out in the faces of these people and they will cave and come back, because they can never ever really ever leave the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Do the ptr and you will find dead zones while flying that knocks one out of the sky to fall to thier death.
    This could take awhile.
    There are boat loads of places that feel like you are hit wall, it is amazing to see just how much they really did not want to put flying in that they really made a lot of areas. You are right, it going to take along time for them to change and fix places to be able to adapt flying to them. I find it amazing how restrictive even the flight paths were made to be and how the area around them has collision spots on a regular flying mount. They have fixed a lot of them, but there are still a few around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I believe the way Watcher worded it was "weeks, not months", and I'm pretty sure it's been just over a month since his interview thingy.
    Pretty much nothing Blizz says can be taken as truth anymore, sadly.
    The true demon lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Rush View Post
    At this point I have 15 at level 100 and I had those done within 3 weeks of the expansion dropping. Who care about alts leveling at the end of an expansion, that is when a lot of people take the time to do it anyway, because they usually have very little else to do with their time. Heck I am in the process of doing another 3 because I am done with Tanaan except for farming out the 5000 claws for the one achievement.

I was ready to fly in 10 days from 6.2 dropping and the only reason I did the whole ten days of grinding, is because I knew that flying was not coming out in weeks and knew that it would end up be months. Anyone that really thought that Blizzard (after more than a year of not wanting flying) was going to allow in in a matter of weeks, Has either not been playing this game very long or they believe everything they read and see from a company that has proven so much over time to not be trust in that way.

I knew exact what was going to happen with the whole flying thing, it does not take a rocket scientist to know how this was going to play out. To drown the massive outcry on flying. They put out a statement that many take as them caving (this was a great PR move). They were not actually caving, they were more or less calculating and reading on what many would be willing to do to be able to fly. Many suggested exactly what ended up happening. Getting Loremaster and Explorer Titles, (this made people do exactly what Blizzard want them to do, the content) they threw in a couple other gems for those that already don both of this by making the hunt treasure (if they did not bother to already do this) and grind 3 reps in the new content in Tanaan (which more than assured that everyone that want to fly would do all the content Tanaan had to do).

All this was a brilliant from both a Dev and PR perspective, it squash the whole up roar over flying, give everyone another free mount and for Blizzard and the Devs they got what they want in everyone that wanted flying to do all the content did not complete prior in order to get flying back. Now they are sitting back waiting for the people that been lagging behind or finally budged on coming back (these are the ones that refused to come back until flying was put in) because they knew if they waited any longer they would be butting up to the next expansion.

I am not sure how no one saw this play out the way it end up playing out. They had a PR nightmare on their hands and they did another PR move to counter it and they knew it would work, because they no their customer base. Dangle some carrots in their faces and they will come running all day long. A lot of people literally got tooled in this process, now you have to sit back and wait.

I am sure if flying is not in soon, the up roar will start all over again and then they will pop something else out in the faces of these people and they will cave and come back, because they can never ever really ever leave the game.

- - - Updated - - -

There are boat loads of places that feel like you are hit wall, it is amazing to see just how much they really did not want to put flying in that they really made a lot of areas. You are right, it going to take along time for them to change and fix places to be able to adapt flying to them. I find it amazing how restrictive even the flight paths were made to be and how the area around them has collision spots on a regular flying mount. They have fixed a lot of them, but there are still a few around.
    They tossed Mercenary Mode into 6.2.1, something so obviously early in design, and really incomplete on even the preparation side. Having to constantly note they're "working on" ideas for solutions to it's issues, they have no idea what to do when races have different numbers of racials so a hotbar swap isn't enough and people need to open spell books to drag the other racial onto their bars, etc.

It clearly wasn't ready for announcement yet, but they tossed it into 6.2.1 so they would have a tertiary, unfinished feature as an excuse to keep delaying flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give us the goddamn patch already ffs. So sick of Tanaan bs

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Somehow I think the Mercenary thing is what's holding the patch up.
    I wouldn't bet against it.

Yeah it's def Merc mode. So yeah...11th or 18th folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    This could take awhile.
    Wrong. There a few minor areas where people get dismounted. Blizzard has made no effort to fix them and probably won't fix them. The purpose of putting flying in the PTR was to delay the implementation of flying even more. Also, including Mercenary Mode in 6.2.1, which they finally actually put into the PTR, was simply another means to delay the implementation of flying. It's known as passive aggressive behavior which the current developers have mastered.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Yeah it's def Merc mode. So yeah...11th or 18th folks.
    I would personally bet that it is after that, since they are just now putting merc mode out for testing.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest