Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Stay away from SNIP Pug

I saw yesterday on premade groups a pug made/lead by --SNIP-- to HfC Heroic so I signed up and I got accepted. After firsts bosses I saw people saying that the loot distribution is not fair but I thought it must be a mistake or something cuz the leader is from Method so he is trustable but ,surprise, on the next boss I got the same problem., I did highest roll but --SNIP-- 's friend/buyer got the item.
    Long story short :
    - roll on the warr chest token : --SNIP--
    - roll on the warforged belt : --SNIP--
    - armory link of --SNIP-- 's friend/buyer to see where the loot went to : --SNIP--
    - what other people were saying about--SNIP-- : --SNIP-- , --SNIP--

You'll see that guy got 14 items and I think at least half of them has be given by ignoring the highest roll but as you can see I got SS for only 2 items roll .Anyway how many of you guys got 14 items with a pug or how many of you won 14 items by doing the highest roll ?

Now the funny part.After the raid Ive made a ticket to get back the belt but then I realized that we were 30 players in that raid(lets say 28 except --SNIP--and buyer/friend) and NONE of us asked at the beginning of the raid about the loot rules like we all use to do with a pug.
    Maybe you guys know why none of us asked about that.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-08-02 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    You're surprised by this? lol

Why did you stay in the raid if you didnt like the loot system?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelxp View Post
    Now the funny part.After the raid Ive made a ticket to get back the belt but then I realized that we were 30 players in that raid(lets say 28 except <snip> and buyer/friend) and NONE of us asked at the beginning of the raid about the loot rules like we all use to do with a pug.
    there you go, no loot rules, he's free to take every single item in the raid.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-08-03 at 01:50 PM.

Deleted
    What made you think just because he was in Method he would treat you with respect and fairness? Do you think the guild is full of white knights beyond reproach or something? spoiler, they are not.

The fact you stayed after he blatantly and unapologeticly stole from you repeatedly was just plain fanboyism and ultimately you made yourself suffer it.

7+ Year Old Account
    ..... He can actully do that without any problem If you stayed even though he had masterloot on with him giving loot to people despite of rolls... congrats, you just completed a raid where you were just along for the ride and apperantly you were fine with it xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Sad to say but you just got used, lesson learned really. Not much else to say.

I will add that this isn't just a method thing, the best guild on my server gets players in awe of who they are to do the same thing a couple times a month complaints like this are in chat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isotopes View Post
    What made you think just because he was in Method he would treat you with respect and fairness? Do you think the guild is full of white knights beyond reproach or something? spoiler, they are not.

The fact you stayed after he blatantly and unapologeticly stole from you repeatedly was just plain fanboyism and ultimately you made yourself suffer it.
    This is the item that --SNIP-- didnt give it to me for doing the highest roll http://www.wowhead.com/item=124349/a...tplate&bonus=0 which drops at Mannororth and I didnt left the raid cuz I thought in the end Ill get the item.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-08-02 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    there you go, no loot rules, he's free to take every single item in the raid.
    Loot rules is highest roller wins the item.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how people are defending this.

Deleted
    you know there are many method guilds on many different servers? dont trust a name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Guardian View Post
    where is that written? beside in your head?
    not defending what happened but it sure as shit aint the first time and wont be the last time this is done, regardless of the guild that the RL is from. If you are that concerned with loot your options are:

1) make your own raid with your own loot rules
    2) run with a group of trusted people, like a guild.
    3) if you must do pugs and they are not set to personal loot, leave.

I woulda been happy with getting AOtC.
    I also woulda tried harder to stay alive.

- - - Updated - - -

yes its shitty, but master loot = loot master can do as he sees fit. just how it is. and honestly, you should ALWAYS avoid top end guilds. they will of course feed gear to their friends because progression (and alt progression) > random pugs. its also possible he bought gear, so bought gear > random pugs.

Paragon players would not have done this but hey its Method what you gonna do.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelxp View Post
    Now the funny part.After the raid Ive made a ticket to get back the belt but then I realized that we were 30 players in that raid(lets say 28 except <snip> and buyer/friend) and NONE of us asked at the beginning of the raid about the loot rules like we all use to do with a pug.
    You didn't ask about loot rules? TLDR: you've just answered yourself. /thread

* Always ask for loot rules in chat:
    * Having someone /w you doesn't count
    * Having someone tell you on TeamSpeak (etc) doesn't count
    * "MS>OS" doesn't even count

The correct, and only actionable (by a GM, Ticket -etc) text has to be:

* From the RL:
    * "Main Spec > Off Spec"
    * in Raid Chat

TLDR you all joined a boost raid and failed to ask loot rules. Lessons learned.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-08-03 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    where is that written? beside in your head?
    not defending what happened but it sure as shit aint the first time and wont be the last time this is done, regardless of the guild that the RL is from. If you are that concerned with loot your options are:

1) make your own raid with your own loot rules
    2) run with a group of trusted people, like a guild.
    3) if you must do pugs and they are not set to personal loot, leave.

I woulda been happy with getting AOtC.
    I also woulda tried harder to stay alive.
    It's disgusting how people defend this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless that's explicitly written in chat, then master looter can take everything they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, that's not how Blizzard sees it. It is shitty behaviour but unless the loot rules are specifically mentioned in chat, Blizzard considers the ML to have sole discretion on who gets items. If loot rules were mentioned beforehand and the ML ignored the rolls, then a GM will remove the item from the player who got it and give it to the player who had the highest roll, I've seen it happen multiple times. But the loot rules must be stated beforehand.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's disgusting how this thread pops up 2-3x a month and you people still don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

The only real disgusting thing is that people complain about it on forums when it has been done since the beginning of ages... People should know by now that they need to ask for loot rules.

Nowhere it is written that it is automaticly "Highest roller wins". It's the commonly used form of loot distrubition, but in pugs with ML? No. No rules stated, no rules to hold on to.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass