Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Ruining school lunches.
    Yeah, they used to be so great. Now they just get dirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    She doesn't anger me in the least.
    I thought you were over the school lunches..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Those lunches, they're are optional aren't they?
    There's no law forcing the schools to have them, amirite?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Seeing these lunches offer far less nutrition then previous lunch programs, fewer calories ( so kids are still hungry after eating this so called lunch) , and most times the items being serrved aren't even identifiable. Dirt might be an upgrade.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/28292/2...dy-ruining.htm

http://www.newsmax.com/US/school-lun.../07/id/556621/

The nation's schoolchildren are finding first lady Michelle Obama's changes to their school lunches hard to swallow, with federal government rules making the menus either so expensive or unpalatable that more than 1 million children are no longer buying them.

According to a Government Accountability Office report released Thursday, school districts say they believe students are going hungry because of the smaller portions in the school lunches, and some cafeterias say the fruits and vegetables they are required to serve often end up in trash cans.

The decrease, the congressional watchdog office said, was fueled primarily by a decline of 1.6 million students who pay full price for their school lunch. The numbers of children eating free lunches has risen, though, because of federal changes, which in turn has increased costs for families that pay for lunches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Basing your opinions of a nation wide program on some social media pictures seems kind of stupid. Blaming the program for kids throwing out fruit seems equally stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I thought you were over the school lunches..

- - - Updated - - -

Those lunches, they're are optional aren't they?
    There's no law forcing the schools to have them, amirite?
    Yes the school are being forced to sell them.

The lunch program was more of a joke, I can hardly be mad about something I never had to try, seeing I graduated high school almost 20 years ago. The "umadbro" routine doesn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

Basing your opinions of a nation wide program on some social media pictures seems kind of stupid. Blaming the program for kids throwing out fruit seems equally stupid.
    1.6 million kids are skipping out on the lunch program altogether. It's not basing it on some social media pictures. They aren't just throwing out fruit, they are skipping the whole thing because they can't even identify what the fuck they are eating half the time, and the lunches cost more than going somewhere to get a value meal. So yea, the program is a huge success.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Riiiiight. She's far busier than any of us. Including you.

EDIT: Oh you meant Michelle, not Beyonce. Although MO still probably has a lot of responsibilities.
    Yeah the 1st lady really what does she do? She doesn't do anything that i can think of that is actually a job.

Staff do everything for her that i can think of that would be a job a wife/mother does.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

1.6 million kids are skipping out on the lunch program altogether
    Your source:
    a decline of 1.6 million students who pay full price for their school lunch

It's a little odd to throw away part of the lunch while complaining the portions are too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Yeah the 1st lady really what does she do? She doesn't do anything that i can think of that is actually a job.
    I'd say she does more than most first ladies.

Really though, that all the outrage over this program is directed at the First Lady and not the actual agencies that have actual power and are actually implementing the changes kind of makes the partisanship obvious.

Really though, that all the outrage over this program is directed at the First Lady and not the actual agencies that have actual power and are actually implementing the changes kind of makes the partisanship obvious.
    She is the person who spearheaded the campaign. People usually get mad at the person who is responsible for such things? I have no issue with Michelle, the bringing up the school lunch program was a sarcastic jab, and the of course the Liberals start foaming at the mouth when someone mentions anything negative about one of the Obamas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Ah yea bet you are offended by eminem making it in a mainly black music industry.
    Eminem sucks anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

She is the person who spearheaded the campaign. People usually get mad at the person who is responsible for such things? I have no issue with Michelle, the bringing up the school lunch program was a sarcastic jab,
    She's no more than a spokeswoman. Maybe direct your totally not partisan rage at the agencies implementing the change.

and the of course the Liberals start foaming at the mouth when someone mentions anything negative about one of the Obamas.
    lawls

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the school are being forced to sell them.
    I understand that the schools have to follow certain nutrition rules.
    What they cook to fulfill those is a different thing.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-scho...ard-1434582719

it really boils down to the meals preparation, not to the nutrition rules.
    You can make crappy food, or delicious food with the same nutritional values.

I do however not agree with the 1% milk rule... I find that one to be nonsense...
    1% milk is so skimmed down. I'd rather drink water instead.

I would call it a typical example of good intentions by the government, poorly executed because not properly followed through with quality control.
    I wouldn't be surprised to find a great deal of cutting corners by the food producers who otherwise making big bucks off the program..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure being Beyoncé is what every little girl dreams of. I can't say I blame them.
    Black Lives Matter

She's no more than a spokeswoman.
    Yeah, no. She started the entire campaign, better luck next time.

Yeah, no. She started the entire campaign, better luck next time.
    What actual power does she have?

What actual power does she have?
    You sort of seem to be forgetting who her husband is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I understand that the schools have to follow certain nutrition rules.
    What they cook to fulfill those is a different thing.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-scho...ard-1434582719

it really boils down to the meals preparation, not to the nutrition rules.
    You can make crappy food, or delicious food with the same nutritional values.

I do however not agree with the 1% milk rule... I find that one to be nonsense...
    1% milk is so skimmed down. I'd rather drink water instead.

I would call it a typical example of good intentions by the government, poorly executed because not properly followed through with quality control.
    I wouldn't be surprised to find a great deal of cutting corners by the food producers who otherwise making big bucks off the program..
    I can't read the story, it wasnt's me to subscribe or login. I hate when sites do that shit, meh.

You sort of seem to be forgetting who her husband is.
    I didn't ask what power her husband had. All you're establishing here is that people will want to listen to her. Which sounds like an effective trait for a spokeswoman.

10+ Year Old Account
    and the of course the Liberals start foaming at the mouth when someone mentions anything negative about one of the Obamas.
    Can't mean me with it.... I don't vote for US politicians... You could get me with the German administration, IF I'd voted for those. Which I didn't... lol