Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yup this is make or break for me and my wow playing. I liked mists alot because of the story and content but wod has been a huge disapointment outside of raids and the leveling quests. So for this next one is a make a break xpansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I've seen this post said about pretty much every expansion ever
    And it has been true for the past 3 expansions, the only difference is the scale is increasing.

I just hope they address the shitty shot Holy/Shadow priests are in. Would hate to have to give up a class I love.

As to moving to FF XIV, I already play it and enjoy it. With tokens fueling my game time, having a spare $15 laying around finally gave me a reason to try it. So far I like it, lots of stuff to do, and good god the amount of lore. My only gripe is only some of the scenes are voice acted, like really randomly small ones that have no relevance on the main story.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think this is going to be a make or break expansion for a lot of the players of this game. For the most part I think people just stuck around through ups and downs but after WoD's end game (Facebook game) and the 6.1 patch, a lot of that loyalty from the playerbase has been broken down.

Thursday, this is going to be the most important expansion announcement in the history of World of Warcraft and it's going to dictate whether this game can win back loyalty or make the decision to go to FF14 or GW2 much easier.
    I disagree. The announcement is not relevant for players like myself that don't have Blizz colored glasses on. At this point, Blizz has to actually deliver and demonstrate that they are willing to put in a decent effort this time around. Blizz is entirely in the driver's seat, and it will be entirely up to them if WoW gets better or continues on its slow decline...

Deleted
    Well, as long blizzard doesnt remove leveling (No, this is NO hint to what to remove next, blizzard), i will at least buy the expac and play a month. If the endgame is as bad as in WoD i will just leave again.

After seeing the sub numbers at 5.6m, I think that just strengthens my point. A lot of people are super disappointed and are waiting to see what's announced Thursday to either stick around or just give up on the game for good.

Unfortunately, they will play the safe card again.

Blizzard have got me to the point that no matter what, I will always subscribe for at least a month when an expac hits, just to try it. I am subscribed a lot of the time. But there is that blank period where they loose me.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    If they do demon hunters and bring back Illidan, I might consider leaving the game.
    And I might bring back my three subscriptions. I'd love to see them do stuff players want for a change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, if it's WoD part 2, and not out till spring next year, then... there's no spinning that as good news.

If AU Azeroth is the next expansion, I hope after today's huge sub loss they cancel the reveal Thursday and go to Plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm very sure we said the same thing about WoD's announcement.
    Nnnnnope!

Because while MoP lost subs, it wasn't in freefall. WoD was hyped so well the game swelled to 10 megasubs, the same number that MoP had at its start, and then lost all those, plus more.

This expac matters, because the game is now back to 2006 levels of players, and it's unarguably because of a feature barren expac that went out of its way to harass almost everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    If they choose to do a Wrath of the Lich King 2.0, they're pretty much through. Of course, subscriptions will spike at the beginning due to nostalgia, but ultimately the numbers will sink. See: WoD being hyped as BC 2.0.
    WoD didnt fail because it was TBC 2.0. It failed because it had nothing to do.

even if next expac isnt good im not switching to gw2 or FF as theyre not interesting to me one bit

id rather quit mmos than switch to those games
    Last edited by Gnarz; 2015-08-04 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    When Blizzard announce the expansion everyone is going to be "OMG they finally doing that!!! This will be the greatest expansion ever!!!"

This is exactly what happened when they announced WoD.
    Funny, I remember it differently:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-unexpansion
    (later) http://www.tentonhammer.com/editoria...or-unexpansion

Here's a positive thread, which doesn't go places and people mostly complain about the negativity surrounding the expac:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rds-of-Draenor

Here's a guy telling us WoD will be fine and to shut up with all the complaints:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...unsub-tomorrow

Complete with apologists. Well now we have numbers. This expansion failed.

Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    It's mind boggling to me that anybody can like garrisons from a gameplay perspective. Like, I'm pretty sure that my mind is going to explode if I try to make sense of it.

I mean, I like the aesthetic, the layout, the CONCEPT of it, but facebook shouldn't be in wow.

I hope the latest sub numbers make it clear to Blizz that Garrisons are not needed or wanted in WoW. I mean, they are not the sole reason for the sub loss, but they surely contributed to it. Garrisons are anti-MMO. If I want to play facebook games, I'll log into facebook. I pray Blizz has learned their lesson and make real MMO content for the next expansion, and stop trying to force social media garbage into WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayperos View Post
    Yeah, its going to have to be huge this time. Something fans have wanted for a long time coming. If its just another orc themed expansion or the 2nd half of WoD then I don't even know what to say.
    The lore has nothing to do with an expansion being good or bad. Let them make a "my little pony" expansion if they want. What this game lacks is ACTUAL FREEKIN CONTENT,heroics that are heroics,new pvp modes,even harder leveling. Everything is right-click these days. And what the quote below says that i agree 1000%

If they do demon hunters and bring back Illidan, I might consider leaving the game. I'm sick of them pandering. They pandered when they made easy content. They pandered when they made gear so easy to get. They pandered when they made leveling a joke. Pandering for the sake of subs is what killed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
    The lore has nothing to do with an expansion being good or bad. Let them make a "my little pony" expansion if they want. What this game lacks is ACTUAL FREEKIN CONTENT,heroics that are heroics,new pvp modes,even harder leveling. Everything is right-click these days. And what the quote below says that i agree 1000%
    Wrath of the Lich King says hello.

That being said, they pulled out all of the lore stops with Legion. If you were in the Burning Legion camp, Azshara camp or Emerald Nightmare camp, you all got a little something.

Plus Demon Hunters.

I am pleased.

If they do demon hunters and bring back Illidan, I might consider leaving the game. I'm sick of them pandering. They pandered when they made easy content. They pandered when they made gear so easy to get. They pandered when they made leveling a joke. Pandering for the sake of subs is what killed the game.
    Prophetic, my good sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Sorry but people said THIS exact same line back at Cataclysm.
    This is not important, just same as always. stop dreaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?