Poll: How many Sargeras to defeat N'zoth?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We need Aquamonkey to dig up the quote, saying, N'zoth vs Sargeras would result in Sargaras would run away in fear..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

End of WOW will be : Sargeras killling all the living in universe- GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    We need Aquamonkey to dig up the quote, saying, N'zoth vs Sargeras would result in Sargaras would run away in fear..
    we really don't need to
    aside Malfurion - who also showed power lvl no one rivaled, officially still far inferior to Sargeras - no one remotely close to Sargeras 1v1, not even any titan
    It would probably take at least his brother and assistant and more titans to fight him, as for old gods, they will at best tickle his foot
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Rhonin isn't omniscient. How does he know how Sargeras would react to the old gods?

In fact I believe Aquamonkey has stated that same sentiment several times whenever it's come up.

Seeing as Sargeras is the most powerful Titan, and the rest of the titans, sans sargeras, easily defeated the old gods, it's safe to say Sargeras could take on any old God and win quite handedly.

Also, the poll is fundamentally flawed. There's no "Sargeras would kick N'zoth's ass single-handedly" option.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Krasus talking out his ass.
    The Old Ones were creating the key that would open the gates of their prison … and if that happened, even Sargeras would find himself pleading for the peace of death.
    Rip Time apart and they would unmake their prison. Perhaps they even plotted to reverse their own earlier defeat. It was difficult for him to guess exactly the extent of the Old Gods’ plans, for they were as much above him as he was to a worm. Still, at least their initial goal was understandable.

--The Sundering

Blizzard calling Krasus out on his bullshit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Sargeras from the very beginning has been viewed as the ultimate bad guy of the Warcraft universe. Yet in The Sundering, Krasus—who's a member of the Six of the Kirin Tor and is a high ranking dragon—says that if the Old Gods were to be released from their prisons, Sargeras himself would, and I quote: "beg for death."[misquoted] So is this just hyperbole or do the Old Gods represent a greater existential threat than Sargeras himself does?
    Hyperbole is a pretty good way to describe it. Ultimately, the biggest threat facing you at the time is going to be what you're most worried about. And I think the Old Gods obviously do pose a very grave threat to Azeroth and to all titans, but Sargeras is the big bad and I wouldn't look at it too literally. (BlizzCon2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Also, the poll is fundamentally flawed. There's no "Sargeras would kick N'zoth's ass single-handedly" option.
    Considering that there's a N'zoth used as a number there, it's pretty obvious. Then again "You need N'zoth Sargerases to defeat N'zoth" sounds kinda neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    meh Sargeras is a demon anyway
    No, he's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Krasus talking out his ass.
    The Old Ones were creating the key that would open the gates of their prison … and if that happened, even Sargeras would find himself pleading for the peace of death.
    Rip Time apart and they would unmake their prison. Perhaps they even plotted to reverse their own earlier defeat. It was difficult for him to guess exactly the extent of the Old Gods’ plans, for they were as much above him as he was to a worm. Still, at least their initial goal was understandable.

--The Sundering

Blizzard calling Krasus out on his bullshit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Sargeras from the very beginning has been viewed as the ultimate bad guy of the Warcraft universe. Yet in The Sundering, Krasus—who's a member of the Six of the Kirin Tor and is a high ranking dragon—says that if the Old Gods were to be released from their prisons, Sargeras himself would, and I quote: "beg for death."[misquoted] So is this just hyperbole or do the Old Gods represent a greater existential threat than Sargeras himself does?
    Hyperbole is a pretty good way to describe it. Ultimately, the biggest threat facing you at the time is going to be what you're most worried about. And I think the Old Gods obviously do pose a very grave threat to Azeroth and to all titans, but Sargeras is the big bad and I wouldn't look at it too literally. (BlizzCon2014)
    Err krasus... that's who I meant. But yeah, same deal. Sargeras > Old gods.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    meh Sargeras is a demon anyway
    He is confirmed multiple times as Dark or Fallen Titan, his race is titan which is superior to demons - but don't exist 1 only in all worlds because f8ck lore fans - and he is the strongest single entity in wow right now
    No one can 1v1 Sargeras, also Malfurion showed questionable lvl of power in his story, u know metzen admitted most fav char that ppl like to 'ignore'
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    It's funny because N'zoth is the most voted option.
    what else can you vote in this joke of a poll xD

Deleted
    Not sure. Currently a lot of people account azshara's strength or powerlevel for something that was mentioned in the war of the ancient books. But if we follow them... The old gods... calculated sargeras as a minor problem in to get free. Yes - if sargeras comes to azeroth they will break free. That was their plan!

Now you can speculate... I say at the time those books were written neither party would become a thing in the next 10 years so whatever. It's fiction within fiction. They didn't care, Knaak didn't care - he wanted to make his books great and he did! Blizzard will decide what role old gods play, what role sargeras plays. And the lore is so open for all - the titan' pantheon has still to come as the source of the old gods and the source of evil that made sargeras corrupt. Bare reasons become entities is nothing new. WoW lore is as open as the universe, eh I mean multi ulti hyperverse!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Old Gods calculating Sargeras as a minor threat is the Old Gods being dumbasses. The last time they faced Titans they were roflcurbstompd to the point of embarrasment.And you'd think they'd learn from it,but no.....
    Also the statements in Knaak's books are made by characters who may or may not know anything about Sargeras and the Old Gods.Krasus is not some omnipotent being who knows all.He's just another character making an assumption.On the otherhand we have Blizzard writers coming out and saying that Sargeras is the biggest threat in Warcraft.I dont think ther's any question here.Sargeras>>Old Gods.

I literally laughed out loud. Thank you, OP, this is the most glorious piece of nonsense ever. 10/10 would read again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titans > Old Gods. Especially Sargeras who was their champion. Just because a minor Titan fell I'm battle against C'thun doesn't mean the Old Gods are stronger than them. We also know the Titans have taken down plenty of OGs.
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Assuming he gained power becoming a Demon, which he didn't. If anything he lost it, demons are mana-addled wretches compared to the Titans.
    Sargeras isn't a "mana-addled wretch." He's a being of nigh-infinite cosmic power.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Assuming he gained power becoming a Demon, which he didn't. If anything he lost it, demons are mana-addled wretches compared to the Titans.
    But he never became a demon??

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    How many sargeras are needed, and you can vote for N'zoth. Dafuq did I read?
    /10char

"How many Sargeri would sargeras Sageras, if Sargeri could sargeras Sargeras?"

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    <snip>
    So the answer is obviously an N'Zoth of Sargeri would be needed to stop N'Zoth.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-08-04 at 02:55 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    The Old Gods calculating Sargeras as a minor threat is the Old Gods being dumbasses. The last time they faced Titans they were roflcurbstompd to the point of embarrasment.And you'd think they'd learn from it,but no.....
    Also the statements in Knaak's books are made by characters who may or may not know anything about Sargeras and the Old Gods.Krasus is not some omnipotent being who knows all.He's just another character making an assumption.On the otherhand we have Blizzard writers coming out and saying that Sargeras is the biggest threat in Warcraft.I dont think ther's any question here.Sargeras>>Old Gods.
    But that's just what fellow authors and he himself made it look like AFTER those books were written. Point still stands: Sargeras power can be 100 to 1million and it's the same with anything else included the old gods. If you want to write a good book it would look dumb if iron horde would look like weak and dumb and not even the king of diremaul would be interested?!

Same btw with Azshara... If she ever becomes content she will soon be overcome by a far greater power. You really have to look at wow as game lore not as universe lore.
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2015-08-04 at 03:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    But that's just what fellow authors and he himself made it look like AFTER those books were written. Point still stands: Sargeras power can be 100 to 1million and it's the same with anything else included the old gods. If you want to write a good book it would look dumb if iron horde would look like weak and dumb and not even the king of diremaul would be interested?!

Same btw with Azshara... If she ever becomes content she will soon be overcome by a far greater power. You really have to look at wow as game lore not as universe lore.

...what? What does that have to do with anything?
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titan Army > Legion Army. Titans are stronger yes, and an army of them stomped the old Gods. Demons don't have what it takes. At the end of the day, demons are just insanely magic addicted fel-twisted versions of mortal races, old gods and their opponents in the Titans are in a different league entirely, and the Legion is nowhere near said league.

- - - Updated - - -

something he cannot do since the Old Gods like their living slaves and the Titans are constantly making new life and aren't remotely threatened by the Legion, which is only one entity in a multiverse (gg Afrasiabi) whilst the Titans are infinite.

- - - Updated - - -

Full power Burning Legion+Sargeras>>Titans >>>>>>Old Gods.In Velens short story a single eredar was able to blow up a planet by drawing some symbols on the ground.Old Gods are nowhere near the Legion.Titans could content with them.But in the end the sheer size of the Legion makes it the most terrifying force in the universe.Sure we've beaten them but only a small portion of their forces.And considering what a single eredar is capable of,the Legion would send the Titans running.Also the Titans reorigination wont work since demons cant be killed outside the nether.

Afrasiabi never said Titans are infinite or not.Thats just your headcanon.

Demons are fel addicted.But they'r not like the blood elf wretches.They are empowred by the fel magic,making them more powerful the more they absorb.Sargeras would definitely be more powerful after going half Demon.
    Last edited by Rathbourne; 2015-08-04 at 04:48 AM.