Poll: .

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Have you ever donated money to charity?

I was feeling really depressed this week so friday i decided to donate 15k euro to an orphanage in Nepal. And I must say it not only helps them but also helped me because it truly made me feel good.

Have you ever donated to charity?

7+ Year Old Account
    i give alms to monks
    Last edited by Vea Lea; 2015-08-02 at 07:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but mostly just pocket-change. I'm a student and cant really afford to donate that much..
    I never donate when they come knocking on my door though. I live in a dorm, asking students for money is low.
    I like juice

I used to subscribe to https://lovewithfood.com/. For every box you buy they donate a meal to hungry children.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I used to subscribe to https://lovewithfood.com/. For every box you buy they donate a meal to hungry children.
    this is actually really cool and those snacks look pretty good and healthy. shame they don't ship outside of the us :/

No, and I look down upon those who constantly hit me up for money.

Medicins sans frontieres and a children's hospice charity. Charities that can actually make a difference in a person's life who really needs help.

If there is a crisis, Medicins sans frontieres are usually one of the very first on the scene, doctors helping at great personal risk. The hospice takes homeless kids off the streets and gets them an education and generally a more positive outlook.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2015-08-02 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post
    this is actually really cool and those snacks look pretty good and healthy. shame they don't ship outside of the us :/
    the snacks were pretty good.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have, but generally avoid it. Just don't like the way money is spent in most major charity organizations. I've done volunteer work though, at least then 100% of what I give goes toward the goal I'm supporting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, £2000 a year usually

10+ Year Old Account
    In the past, yes: less so now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I have dont have a yearly number and rarely do it directly ...

But i do support stuff like GDQ *games done quick* https://gamesdonequick.com/ donated 100$ to them this year, well to the doctors they supported this year.

When i use Humble bundle i am throwing extra money in the payment a lot of times you still get a really good deal even when paying 10-20$ over the minimum price.

Where i order Pizza from there is a option to pay 5% extra and that money goes towards food for local homeless people.

However i almost never give money to random collectors in the street and those that randomly knock on my door at 8 in the morning is not welcome.

Giving large sums to a random charity i know nothing about in the other side of the planet ... no never.

10+ Year Old Account
    multiple times. Its very easy to donate.

10+ Year Old Account
    We donate a lot to Saint Judes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Deleted
    Does donating my time to help run a charity store count ?

Sometimes. Although I usually donate goods instead of money. The humane society here will occasionally put up "WE NEED PUPPY/KITTY CHOW" signs, and I'll get them a bigass bag of whatever they need next time I'm at the grocery store.

And some places like SAFE, humane society, etc, have thrift stores here. I usually donate old stuff to those instead of just throwing it away or selling it.

I also put a little bit in when I see those jars at convenience stores with "___________ is suffering from cancer, family needs help, etc" labels on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, and I refuse to. If I donate anything, it is tangible goods that are actually needed. Not ever money, so one of the higher ups can line their pocket while leaving a pittance for the people who actually need the donation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes now and again

Helicopter Rescue only reason why i donate is because im in a tramping club and maybe one day i might need and the RSPCA -Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

I once gave money to a big charity in the US, turns out they couldn't do the work, the disaster is long over, and the charity has banked the money and they don't know what to do with it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Once gave charity to one of those door-to-door collectors, had a bit of spare change so I figured why not, was something like .30$.