Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Do you expect to see more content next Xpac?

In WoD we had alot of system overhauls, new character design and texture upgrades. Also testing of new types of content and technology.
    I believe (hope) that WoD was a "test expansion" to break in previously mentioned.

With all those aestetic upgrades swallowing up development time It was no wonder they didnt have time to make that much content. Now, with all the new techs being used and reviewed, Blizzard now has everything they need to pump out alot of additional content as no development time is spend on new systems, char design, etc. anymore.

So do you think WoD was a testdrive and next expansion will build on the experience gained and pump out alot of content?

TLDR: Blizzard spend alot of time on creating new chars and shit. Now they dont have to anymore = more time to develop content?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2015-08-02 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted
    More Content = More Subcribers = More Money => Blizzard will do more Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Expect? I don't expect anything out of Blizzard these days.

Dearly hope? Yeah. I always reserve the right to hope tomorrow will be better than yesterday.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

In this kind of conversation, "content" is a word thrown around and warped to suit the narrative that supports the person's viewpoint.
    This thread won't end well.

To answer your question though, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    In WoD we had alot of system overhauls, new character design and texture upgrades. Also testing of new types of content and technology.
    I believe (hope) that WoD was a "test expansion" to break in previously mentioned.

With all those aestetic upgrades swallowing up development time It was no wonder they didnt have time to make that much content. Now, with all the new techs being used and reviewed, Blizzard now has everything they need to pump out alot of additional content as no development time is spend on new systems, char design, etc. anymore.

So do you think WoD was a testdrive and next expansion will build on the experience gained and pump out alot of content?
    I don't think making excuses is good. For whatever reason it still happened, in a game where it shouldn't. The game will not sustain in its current state. So, there will no doubt be some changes. They can't rush out of WoD to the next expansion that runs and plays like WoD. It'll be the same result.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I don't think making excuses is good. For whatever reason it still happened, in a game where it shouldn't. The game will not sustain in its current state. So, there will no doubt be some changes. They can't rush out of WoD to the next expansion that runs and plays like WoD. It'll be the same result.
    Not excuse, just logic.

WoD Expansion to do list:
    Raids, content, new character designs, new systems, garrison tech, xrealm tech, etc.

Next Expansion to do list:
    Raids, content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Not excuse, just logic.

WoD Expansion to do list:
    Raids, content, new character designs, new systems, garrison tech, xrealm tech, etc.

Next Expansion to do list:
    Raids, content
    Both crossrealm zones and connected realms where developed during mop, also, what 'systems' are you referring to?
    Next expansion also might not use garrisons so then you could add the new feature to the devlist.

Next expansion might as well be: raids, content, new class, new race, new feature (instead of garrisons).
    Adding and balancing a new class likely takes more time that redoing character designs.

Deleted
    Hope so. lol.
    it feels like they made so much announcements for WoD but its so weird that like nothing has happend its almost like they ran out of ideas for it :S

I expect less content actually

I expect the next expansion to be a lot more solid, at the very least. As Shiift said, Warlords of Draenor had a lot going against it that were one-time things. As I posted elsewhere:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    They told us that they doubled their team, but getting everyone up to speed ended up being more of a speed bump than they thought it would be. Also consider that the expansion included a file format revamp and the new models and the stat squish that required going over numbers and encounters throughout the entire game. On top of that, orc fatigue led to major changes in Nagrand with the ogres, and probably the Gorgrond changes too, at the very least.

And really, I think that explains everything, no need to go digging or reading between the lines. They miscalculated and scheduled three major revamps and having to train a whole new team all at the same time, all the while writing an expansion with a theme they felt the need to downplay halfway through.

It was just an unfortunate convergence of several big things all at the same time.
    The next expansion doesn't have to worry about most of these things. Even if Warlords of Draenor was intentionally sabotaged in some way and had only one major patch lined up, there's no way that the three major revamps and team training weren't the biggest problems it faced. Just look at the last expansion that lined up major overhauls at one time.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2015-08-02 at 10:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post

Dearly hope? Yeah. I always reserve the right to hope tomorrow will be better than yesterday.
    Very smart girl. And kinda cute. I like her.

Nope.

Warlords is setting the precedent for exactly what "shorter expansions" will be and as long as we have them, 1 patch borefests is what they will be.

Nope. With Warlords Activison set the hammer down on how little content that they could put out for the most amount of profit. They will run WoW exactly like they run Call of Duty. Straight into the ground.
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

Deleted
    They can hardly do less and still call it an expansion with a straight face...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post

Pretty much this. I know what I want, but I don't dare to expect Blizzard to deliver. Hell, they can't even live up to their own hype. Blizzcon 2013 will go down as one of their worst expansion announcements ever.

I don't expect it, but I hope so. I don't really expect anything of Blizzard after the massive Disappointment of Warlords.

Same amount of content available to us but it's just spread out over more expansions. All about that $, baby.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I expect more content.

Another expansion with the content lack of WoD would be the end of WoW, and that's not hyperbole anymore.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I expect more content.

Another expansion with the content lack of WoD would be the end of WoW, and that's not hyperbole anymore.
    Dont say that! The blizzard cheerleaders will find you!
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Deleted
    I expect next expansion to actually have a capital city.... Would be nice. And no garrison.