Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    the GCD-capped windwalker playstyle in SoO was the most fun i had with the Windwalker spec so far, beeing limited mainly by gcd not by energy and having to use FoF only very few times in a fight felt so nice. I really don't like the spec currently beeing focused on FoF i also hate the slow cluncky gameplay of ChiEx

i hope they majorly rework the spec

some things i belive might work:

Cut FoF from the rotation, and make it a 2 minute cooldown (which is only effected by TEB by a small(er) amount to make cd stacking less desireable but not worthless)
    Fist of Fury no cost 2 Minute Cooldown:
    Pummel all targets in front of you, stunning them and dealing (X) damage over 4 sec. Deals reduced damage to secondary targets. Tigereyebrew has a by 20% reduced effect on this ability.

SCK feels very lackluster atm, i doesn't deal alot of damage and since it provides so little chi for the energy used its generally not worth unsing it
    Spinning Crane Kick Instant 3 Seconds Cooldown:
    You spin while kicking in the air, dealing X damage over 2.25 sec to enemies within 8 yards. Generates 1 Chi if it strikes at least 3 targets, generates 1 aditional Chi for each aditional target hit.
    This makes it worth using it on multiple enemys, if not for the damage then for the chi (probably very Overpowered though). SCK vs 5 Enemys -> 4Chi ChiExplo -> SCK -> 4Chi ChiExplo = The dream
    Empowered Spinning Crane Kick
    Spinning Crane Kick now deals damage twice as fast, but its duration is reduced by 50%. Rushing Jade Wind costs 50% less Energy.
    Since the replacement skill is unaffected by the perk it needs some love (though this isn't very creative)

I hate the Chiexposion gameplay, but i like the idea of gaining a aoe chi spender as a talent
    Chi Explosion 2 Chi, Instant cast, 30 yards
    Consumes Chi to cause the target to explode with Chi energy dealing X Nature damage to an enemy and an additional 50% damage over 3 sec. The damage also hits all enemies within 8 yards of the target for a reduced amount. Storm, Earth and Fire Spirits do NOT Cause the AoE portion of this ability
    The SEF part i added because if you choose this talent you gain a huge buff in fights Windwalkers were ALREADY very strong at (due to SEF). This should reduce our scaling in council fights a bit and give chiexplosion the option to be baseline strong, and not good because of the TEB gain and tripple dots (in the best case)

I'd also like to steal an ability from another class since it would fit our theme very well:
    Windwalk Instant, 2 Minutes Cooldown:
    (The Monk does something), increasing the movement speed of all friendly players within 10 yards by 60% for 8 sec and removing all roots and snares on those targets.
    And druids still have other raid utility (im no druid player so feel free to complain about this :P), obviously would have a glyph for increased range

Another Cooldown i could imagine would be something like
    (add Clever fitting name here) instant X minutes
    Summon your Storm, Earth and Fire spirits to attack the same target as you, lasts X seconds

Please tell me what you think about these suggestions (keep im mind these are not supposed to work in conjunction with each other view them more like only one of these would/could happen)
    Last edited by Arabus80; 2015-08-29 at 11:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    While I always enjoyed my monk, including the Windwalker spec, I found GCD-capping to be it's major flaw throughout MoP. I find gameplay which revolves around resource management more compelling than simply hitting the ability that is the highest on the priority list and off cooldown. Though the main issue here is that our Lv100 talenst aren't a choice but something that is forced upon depending on the fight. If Serenity vs. ChiEx wasn't Single Target vs. Cleave/AoE I wouldn't mind if one provided GCD-capped gameplay while the other is about resource managemen as long as both perform equally well.

I find it curious that you think ChiEx is clunky but seem to be fine with Storm, Earth, and Fire which is an absolute pain to set up due to having to target switch multiple times, the ability having a small CD and you needing two additional GCDs (+ resources) after that to provide (de-)buffs for your spirits.
    I always thought that SEF needs some serious usability changes but right now I'd probably be happier if it was removed or turned into a DPS cooldown you can choose as a talent (basically your cooldown suggestion you don't have a name for that works against single targets as well). Our other Cleave/AoE options (SCK, RJW, FoF, ChiEx, Hurricane Strike with a few changes it needs anyway, Zen Sphere, Chi Burst) are most likely held back due to them turning insanely strong in combination with SEF otherwise. Since SEF is such a pain to use right now anyway I'd rather see it go (or turned into a 3min CD) and our other abilities tuned accordingly.

I think your SCK/RJW changes go a little too far. If they provided 2 chi instead of just 1 when they hit 3+ targets they might be in a good place already.

About FoF and ChiEx: they're perfectly fine the way they are now.

Windwalk: not sure if we really need that but if we got it I'd prefer it to have a much larger range.

Aside from changes to SEF I'd love to see TEB and our mastery changed a little: instead of building stacks I'd rather see TEB work more like Chi Brew: semi-longish CD with 2 stacks, each stack provides 15s of +60% damage/healing and full chi when used. Chi spent then reduces the cooldown of the next stack and mastery increases the cooldown reduction in some way. This would help our initial burst without being 'forced' into using Chi Brew and would remove the awkward Expel Harm spam prior to the pull to start with high Chi. Or at least make the benefit of the later much smaller.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaojin View Post
    Aside from changes to SEF I'd love to see TEB and our mastery changed a little: instead of building stacks I'd rather see TEB work more like Chi Brew: semi-longish CD with 2 stacks, each stack provides 15s of +60% damage/healing and full chi when used. Chi spent then reduces the cooldown of the next stack and mastery increases the cooldown reduction in some way. This would help our initial burst without being 'forced' into using Chi Brew and would remove the awkward Expel Harm spam prior to the pull to start with high Chi. Or at least make the benefit of the later much smaller.
    Pretty sure we'd still spam Expel Harm pre-fight to get TP/RSK up before using your reworked TeB.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    While I always enjoyed my monk, including the Windwalker spec, I found GCD-capping to be it's major flaw throughout MoP. I find gameplay which revolves around resource management more compelling than simply hitting the ability that is the highest on the priority list and off cooldown. Though the main issue here is that our Lv100 talenst aren't a choice but something that is forced upon depending on the fight. If Serenity vs. ChiEx wasn't Single Target vs. Cleave/AoE I wouldn't mind if one provided GCD-capped gameplay while the other is about resource managemen as long as both perform equally well.
    I like recource management i don't like downtimes, maybe something like the free tigerpalm from BrM would make it feel more fluid/fill the "nothing to press" situations (not saying TP should be free baseline but maybe add an other skill?)

I find it curious that you think ChiEx is clunky but seem to be fine with Storm, Earth, and Fire which is an absolute pain to set up due to having to target switch multiple times, the ability having a small CD and you needing two additional GCDs (+ resources) after that to provide (de-)buffs for your spirits.
    I always thought that SEF needs some serious usability changes but right now I'd probably be happier if it was removed or turned into a DPS cooldown you can choose as a talent (basically your cooldown suggestion you don't have a name for that works against single targets as well). Our other Cleave/AoE options (SCK, RJW, FoF, ChiEx, Hurricane Strike with a few changes it needs anyway, Zen Sphere, Chi Burst) are most likely held back due to them turning insanely strong in combination with SEF otherwise. Since SEF is such a pain to use right now anyway I'd rather see it go (or turned into a 3min CD) and our other abilities tuned accordingly.
    I didn't say that i think the other skills are fine, i just wrote down some things i had a possible solution for, yes SEF needs change but i don't know how to make is less clunky to use while keeping this more or less iconic ability

I think your SCK/RJW changes go a little too far. If they provided 2 chi instead of just 1 when they hit 3+ targets they might be in a good place already.
    i already stated that the SCK change would probably make it too strong, and an aditional effect for RJW to the Dreanor perk is NEEDED! its just stupid to completly loose a perk for choosing a talent

About FoF and ChiEx: they're perfectly fine the way they are now.
    i don't like the consumption of multiple chi of ChiEx, but i like it as a aoe chispender, thats why i want to change it to always explode and have a fix cost. Just personal preference
    and yes FoF is fine currently, my ability was just to get a possible (actual) cooldown.

Windwalk: not sure if we really need that but if we got it I'd prefer it to have a much larger range.
    I litterly copypasted the druid version for this, so i don't think it will be a problem (if there is a glyph for more range)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Pretty sure we'd still spam Expel Harm pre-fight to get TP/RSK up before using your reworked TeB.
    Yeah, if you want to min/max every little aspect not matter how small the benefit you'd probably still do it. But with my reworked TEB you would only "lose" 2 GCDs of your very first TEB in the fight instead of 2 GCDs + 90 energy and still had more chi left over. And you could argue that at least for RSK you may want to have TEB up anyway. Right now the benefit of spamming EH is already small, especially on longer fights. But it feels really awkward and I guess/hope my idea would make it feel less awkward to enter the fight with less than 3-4 chi (or even more) despite it still being not optimal (but very, very close to being optimal).
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

I find gameplay which revolves around resource management more compelling than simply hitting the ability that is the highest on the priority list and off cooldown. I'd love to see TEB and our mastery changed a little: instead of building stacks I'd rather see TEB work more like Chi Brew: semi-longish CD with 2 stacks, each stack provides 15s of +60% damage/healing and full chi when used. Chi spent then reduces the cooldown of the next stack and mastery increases the cooldown reduction in some way. This would help our initial burst without being 'forced' into using Chi Brew and would remove the awkward Expel Harm spam prior to the pull to start with high Chi. Or at least make the benefit of the later much smaller.
    The problem with your idea is it reduces the skillcap of the class and makes it more spammy, there no longer is a reason to pool your chi and your energy because the moment a trinket procs your going to react with using teb causing any chi or energy you had to be wasted. It then becomes correct to just spam blackout kick to dump chi so your not losing chi when a trinket procs and you have to hit teb

7+ Year Old Account
    You still would want to pool your resources somewhat, just not as much when TEB is available and you expect a trinket proc soon. I staying somewhere around 2-3 chi and maybe 40-60 energy would be optimal. Trinket proc -> 1 ability (probably BoK) to drop to 0-1 chi -> TEB -> follow priority without capping energy/wasting chi. In that case you'd waste at most 1 chi from using TEB and you probably got time to Jab before your energy caps.

Also, WW are already quite "spammy", especially if you use Serenity. And some wasted resources aren't necessarily an issue as long as the spec is balanced around that. But TBH, if there are better ideas to fix Expel Harm spam prior to pulling (or at least 'mitigate' it to a degree that it doesn't feel as important as it does now) I'd like to hear them. And unless you take Chi Brew our ramp-up time is pretty bad, especially if your raid uses the ring and/or Bloodlust very early in the fight.

More model tweaks, most specifically I'd like male trolls fixed, finalized and polished...

....if there are better ideas to fix Expel Harm spam prior to pulling (or at least 'mitigate' it to a degree that it doesn't feel as important as it does now) I'd like to hear them.
    Remove Chi Decay.

Damn, that was hard.
    Last edited by Basilmoyh; 2015-08-31 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Basilmoyh View Post
    Removed Chi Decay.

Damn, that was hard.
    Or why not just have Chi regenerate out of combat at a rate of 1 Chi per 5 seconds.

I can't see how this could be anything more than a simple quality of life improvement and no need to remove Expel Harm either.

Might even help to make some more distinction between Chi and Combo points too.

- - - Updated - - -

As for other changes I would like to see (Speaking from a WW perspective.):

I would normally oppose homogenisation but in the case of SEF I would nerf it, make it a toggle like Blade Flurry and then rebuff WW single target to compensate.

Hurricane Strike I would probably redesign to be a slightly stronger replacement for FoF but the real trick is that you could still use other abilities while channeling akin to the relationship between RJW and SCK.

I think the healing talents could do with the numbers adjusting, more for PVP though as I miss the days of WW being semi decent in PVP.

I would like to see the talent Momentum replaced for WW with a talent that makes FSK's CD reset if you hit one or more targets with it and then give the effect something like a minute CD. Give's the OG "Mobility Class" some extra crazy bursts of mobility to show up these Demon Hunter wannabes.

While at it I would also just make all Leather wearing classes able to double jump, with Druids limited to only in Cat form. (If Demon Hunters are able to do so because they are "agile" as was stated then it's BS that Rogues, Monks and Ferals are left out.)

Aesthetically I would love to see some kind of Tigereye brew visual customisation tied in with whatever our artifact turns out to be (fingers crossed for fist weapons.) like different Auras. That would help make up for the fact that monks barely use their weapons anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc62ca907e24; 2015-08-30 at 11:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basilmoyh View Post
    Removed Chi Decay.

Damn, that was hard.
    Still need to cast 2x (or 3x if you want to cap Chi) Expel Harm for to get that Chi that doesn't decay anymore. Yes, it IS that hard.

Still need to cast 2x (or 3x if you want to cap Chi) Expel Harm for to get that Chi that doesn't decay anymore. Yes, it IS that hard.
    That'd still mean you don't have to do it for like 2 minutes before the pull, or even just every 15 seconds from when you release until the pull.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2015-08-31 at 05:42 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

This is an out of nowhere kind of request, but I've always wanted Mistweaver to have the Fists of Fury ability, but it shoots out Chi Waves for the duration, I guess kindof like Arcane Missiles. I just think that would look awesome. *shrug*

Last edited by Karmak; 2015-09-01 at 08:25 PM.

Honestly, I want to see SEF removed or something. I know it probably won't happen, but eh, I just don't like having illusion-creating abilities in general.

Maybe they could keep those three ghost forms as minor glyphs, just for aesthetics-- but hey, yeah, that's just dreaming. Aside that, some solution to slows & GCD. I don't have time for two disables in my rotations. >:

This is an out of nowhere kind of request, but I've always wanted Mistweaver to have the Fists of Fury ability, but it shoots out Chi Waves for the duration, I guess kindof like Arcane Missiles. I just think that would look awesome. *shrug*
    that also sounds kinda cool

I actually like SEF and don't want them gone. It adds a form of cleave and element to the spec that I enjoy. I would however like to see them faster with less ramp up time

Well, okay, it must be egoistic of me to want an ability removed just because of my personal preferences, but oh well. I really want disable to become sort of a-- merged ability into something else. I dunno.

As a Mistweaver, I'd like to be able to press W and go the direction my camera is facing and not the direction my character is facing.

Quote Originally Posted by karmak View Post
    as a mistweaver, i'd like to be able to press w and go the direction my camera is facing and not the direction my character is facing.
    rmb? lmb+rmb?

Quote Originally Posted by -Marshal View Post
    rmb? lmb+rmb?
    Sounds like a lot of work......
    I use clique to heal, moving my mouse off the raid frame to move forward is just too much.

I like Calli's idea for SEF from the Windwalker Final Boss podcast recently. Make them basically function the same, but it puts a debuff or a dot on the target that copies your damage so you don't have to worry about them being worthless if the target is moving at all.

I'd also like to see Xuen made a baseline cooldown. Preferably with a 2 min cooldown instead of 3. It seems odd to make our one dps cooldown(unless you count tigereye brew) a talent, and especially a talent in that particular tier. It doesn't really fit, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.