Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Hey I can do that too...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/para-

Normal won't need a dictionary reference now I hope..
    My point with the UFO comparison still stands.... It's called paranormal because it's beyond current explanation.
    That does in no way shape or form mean that it has to be of ghostly nature. There could very well be a proper explanation, and then it's no longer paranormal.
    Which happens all the time actually.
    Same with UFO... Once it's identified we know what it is... that too happens all the time..
    Now instead of searching for just part of a word, search for the whole thing.

Have experienced shadow people in a one of the houses I've lived in.

Can't explain that so it would be paranormal.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

No. I'm not retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I honestly dont know what has this effect on me though

Sometimes if I am walking at night, even with friends, I always feel a need to look over my shoulder.
    That's not necessarily paranormal related, that is biological. The feeling of anxiety you get when you can't see clearly around you goes back to the time when not being able to see at night could lead to you getting eaten by a large predator. I like to go on jogs at night around the small airport near my house. While the entire route is dark, I get that anxious feeling by some of the far out hangers. But I chalk it up to the fact it reeks of animal piss around there and I have seen coyotes in the area before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Now instead of searching for just part of a word, search for the whole thing.
    I have......
    Paranormal consists of these two parts, and that for a reason.... Para-normal....
    If I want to tackle that from a scientific angle, then I've gotta stay true to science from the start....
    Btw. your link said the same thing actually, just not as clear, it didn't explain the origin.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Have experienced shadow people in a one of the houses I've lived in.

Can't explain that so it would be paranormal.
    A quick google search (out of curiosity, having never heard of 'shadow people') offered several explanations. So maybe you COULD explain it. The human mind is a powerful thing!

I'm a ghost, ask me anything.

I believe there is stuff we don't know, but there is nothing spooky about that.

An iPhone 70 years ago would have been paranormal.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    tell me the powerball numbers for the next drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I have......
    Paranormal consists of these two parts, and that for a reason.... Para-normal....
    If I want to tackle that from a scientific angle, then I've gotta stay true to science from the start....
    Btw. your link said the same thing actually, just not as clear, it didn't explain the origin.
    Mine was just from the OED online crap. There's a reason you search for the whole word. It's because the whole word often has a different connotation than its constituent parts. In this case that connotation is that it's not unknown by science, but that science has studied it and found it to not be within their purview, and that it is better relegated to a religious belief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I believe there is stuff we don't know, but there is nothing spooky about that.

An iPhone 70 years ago would have been paranormal.
    like that? lol

too bad it was a hoax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, but I've had weird, unexplainable shit happen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    What form will Gozer the Traveler take?

Please, if you have any evidence regarding the paranormal, go here: http://web.randi.org/the-million-dollar-challenge.html

Win a million bucks or give up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Mine was just from the OED online crap. There's a reason you search for the whole word. It's because the whole word often has a different connotation than its constituent parts. In this case that connotation is that it's not unknown by science, but that science has studied it and found it to not be within their purview, and that it is better relegated to a religious belief.
    You're entirely missing the point..... I've even mentioned the UFO for that very reason..

People call events Paranormal, because they cannot explain them as they happen..
    This does not mean they are not explainable. In fact they almost always are explainable.
    And if they're not, they lack the proper information for science to actually make use of it.

Plus.. despite of that, there are indeed serious scientist open enough to the idea to at least think it's worth investigating it further...
    Some 10% last time they've conducted surveys if I'm not mistaken.. About half of them found EVPs at least worth to look into.
    And all of that has little to do with believing in ghosts....

Edith:
    I knew I've read about that stuff before.. Found it..
    http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...o-why-not-you/
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2015-08-03 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    I believe that all the pennies being found around in the nook and crannies of my house are from spiders trying to pay rent.

This is adorable

Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    If I get killed by a ghost i would then become a ghost and that would be really awkward for the ghost.
    Unless they were hot in which case we'd have wild ghost sex.
    This is the explanation for random thumps in haunted houses at night that is never mentioned ever x)

Edit: To answer the OP's question, Yes I believe in the paranormal. That's the short answer. I've had experiences myself and also had friends who did as well. Most of the baddies can be trumped or protected against by prayer, yet they're still in the world with us until Christ hits the reset button.

It kind of freaked me out for a few weeks until I got a comfort level with the idea, then I realized that quantitively nothing was Really different; it was the same world we lived in all that time, after all. It was just knowing about it, u know?

This doesn't mean that people should carelessly absorb everything they hear about it though. That's the fast track to misinformation just like with regular things.

One of my pet peeves is people who pass off Everything as being supernaturally based. Just because there may or may not be spirits that visit your house doesn't mean that you didn't knock your own soda can over, Dingus Kahn.
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2015-08-03 at 05:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe in supernatural stuff, though I don't believe that it absolutely doesn't exist.

I get some creepy hallucinations when I'm struggling to go to sleep though, like a huge spider crawing over my pillow, or a floating serpent coming from the vacuum cleaner in the corner of the room. I tend to slam the hallucination with a pillow and then it gives me a rush of adrenaline for the next 10-20 minutes making it even harder to get to sleep.

Doesn't stop me from turning the light off at night but fuck it's annoying when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    A quick google search (out of curiosity, having never heard of 'shadow people') offered several explanations. So maybe you COULD explain it. The human mind is a powerful thing!
    Seeing 3 dimensional shadows in the shape of people.

Only happened one place I lived has not been a constant part of my life.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2015-08-03 at 05:04 AM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    No, I do not believe in the paranormal. The reason is simple, no evidence to support it. No, "anecdotal evidence" doesn't count. There is a reason why "anecdotal evidence" is not used in science.
    This. People who believe in ghosts/spirits are usually gullible. Psychics and channelers always turn out to be frauds.

When I was a kid my friend and I thought his house was haunted because the doorknob would rattle, but no one would be there. We found out months later it was his cat trying to open the door lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Please, if you have any evidence regarding the paranormal, go here: http://web.randi.org/the-million-dollar-challenge.html

Win a million bucks or give up.
    I actually just watched a documentary of his, quite entertaining.

James Randi - Secrets of the Psychics Documentary

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    I believe that all the pennies being found around in the nook and crannies of my house are from spiders trying to pay rent.
    When I worked for an alarm company we installed in one home that had little piles of pennies in every corner of the house. It was a really nice house also so it struck me as strange. I think it was some form of superstition or something.