Thread: Misophonia

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Pleasant in what way? I don't think I've ever heard of ASMR.
    give me pleasant tingling feeling in my spine when listening?
    Last edited by Vea Lea; 2015-08-03 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKMKDO6zCgM give me pleasant tingling feeling in my spine when listening?
    You sure it wasn't the guy? He's fucking hot as hell.

Yeah now I remember ASMR. I do get full over scalp tingles over certain sounds but most people do.

7+ Year Old Account
    You sure it wasn't the guy? He's fucking hot as hell.

Yeah now I remember ASMR. I do get full over scalp tingles over certain sounds but most people do.
    lol i sit with eyes closed when i listen to these

The only sounds that annoy me are crying babies and people who grunt or make other noises for no reason. Usually seems to be older people that do this.

Deleted
    Misophonia also explains why I prefer noise to be subtle. My partner will watch TV on our TV at 32 - 40 and I'll watch it at 10 - 12.
    Geez, I watch TV on LG TV's and 10 is loud enough, turning up to even 15 is pretty blaring I can't imagine 32-40 O.o what type of TV do you own for your partner to have it that high up and not be bursting eardrums.

I wouldn't say I associated with having Misophonia. Though noises which really get to me are people (mostly old people) who feel the need to moisten their mouth by mixing the saliva around so you get that disgusting watery sound.

People who have a whistle when they breath, that high pitch noise is incredibly irritating.

Crying babies, I don't like babies/children and when they cry I just roll my eyes hoping it will stop soon.

Ticking clocks at night, they don't bother me during the day, actually I quite like it as it kills complete silence but when i'm trying to sleep and I hear that mysterious ticking I have to get rid of it.

Birds, mainly seagulls that squak at about 4 in the morning and some other species that tweets at around the same time. More of a general annoyance but it's a noise that pisses me off.

Deleted
    I only hate the silent sound of someone chewing with their mouth closed. weird, I know.
    Oh, and certain songs/jingles on TV. I swear, everytime I hear "twinkle twinkle little star" I have to fight to just hit the mute button and not throw the remote at the screen.
    Certain ringtone ads back when that was still a thing had the same effect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    I'll have to check this out. I have ASMR, so noises (though annoying to most people) can be quite pleasant to me, might be the opposite condition.
    You don't have ASMR. It's a phenomenon, not a condition.
    Pleasant in what way? I don't think I've ever heard of ASMR.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autono...idian_response

I love ASMR videos (although I don't watch them at all, just listen) on youtube. Especially ear cupping, blowing, brushing... not those role play thingies. I've even tuned my headphones to go berserk overload to get more juice out of the bass!

Helps me sleep quite a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't believe I had any notable degree of misophonia, I do have tinnitus, which I didn't realize until just about a year ago. I honestly believed that hearing a soft ringing in a quiet room was just a normal thing. (Of course, I also believed for years that avocados, tomatos, and bananas were just 'itchy food', not realizing I was mildly allergic).

I inquired as to why my girlfriend always has the fan on in her room, it's because of the same thing. She uses the white noise to tone down that sound. And why she almost always has a movie or music playing. I tried it out, using my ipad when I sleep to play a 10 hour rain or soft 'delta wave' sleep music. It actually made a huge difference and I've been sleeping a lot better since.

Sound does weird things to us,, just like smell and taste, and can drastically affect how we live our day and sleep as well.

I've heard of ASMR as well, though I haven't really researched it. It's very similar to those binaural music/sound deals, which only affect some people.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, you'd hate my keyboard in the office. Cherry MX Blues. Heh.

i'm pretty sure my sister has it

about 20 years ago now, she gave me a bloody nose for eating a biscuit too loudly. i kid you not.

edit: english biscuit, aka, a cookie.
    Last edited by smokii; 2015-08-03 at 03:43 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    The sound of animals licking themselves drives me absolutely nuts. I know my pets don't do it on purpose but I stop my pets from grooming themselves if I'm in the room as I just can't stand it. So maybe I have a mild version of it? Other sounds used to bother me like heavy machinery but I think that was more the loudness bothering me than a certain aspect of the sound.

i can't stand loud noises, but i don't think it's this. yelling, booms, gun shots, stuff like that really gets the better of me and makes me a nervous wreck.

but i have to have constant low background sound of some kind, or the silence literally hurts my ears. idk how it does it, but literally hurts.

10+ Year Old Account
    but i have to have constant low background sound of some kind, or the silence literally hurts my ears. idk how it does it, but literally hurts.
    That sounds a lot like tinnitus :P
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that was normal, too. Silence is painful and I hate it. I can't stand the lack of noise because it causes a constant level of noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I don't have this. I have something else.

SPD

Sensory Processing Disorder. It sucks hardcore.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    That sounds a lot like tinnitus :P
    isn't that a ringing? mine sounds kinda like a low "shhhhhhh" it's maddening, and even though it's not very loud, it hurts.

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't that a ringing? mine sounds kinda like a low "shhhhhhh" it's maddening, and even though it's not very loud, it hurts.
    It falls under a few categories, but it's largely considered a consistent sound or discomfort when other sound isn't present.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It falls under a few categories, but it's largely considered a consistent sound or discomfort when other sound isn't present.
    well, at least i know i'm not as much of a nut now.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, at least i know i'm not as much of a nut now.
    Nah, you still are We all are!

I've worked in kitchens for most of my working life. OP would love love love clanking dishes, sound of the dishwasher, spraying water sounds, yells about "BEHIND", "MOVE", "BESIDE SHARP", "HOT, HOT" and so on.

Don't get a job in a restaurant, OP.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.