Thread: Misophonia

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Fan I sleep with once caught my bed on fire.

I love it, and I refuse to replace it.
    ... How did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    ... How did this happen?
    Hard point on the back caused the wire to wear out and short.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Hard point on the back caused the wire to wear out and short.
    I was hoping for a great story. I should have known!

I was hoping for a great story. I should have known!
    Well, I did have my pubes caught in the blades at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Typically, you don't hate someone just because they do one thing that bothers you. Same can apply to dogs.
    But if it's enough to want to hurt them.....

Nothing was said about hate.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2015-08-04 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    But if it's enough to want to hurt them.....

Nothing was said about hate.
    That is the thing, I hate what they do but I hate it enough that part of me is telling me that killing them will make it better even though I love the person til death. It is quite terrible.

The only noise I can think of that bothers me is a chalk board. Writing on a chalk board. Can't look at them or think about them without getting distressed. Had to drop a few classes in college because of this. Most noise don't bother me though. Many constant droning noises even soothe me such as a running fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the opposite Darsithis - I need a certain level of white noise to distract me from the Tinnitus I've had since I was young.

Certain noises still make me uncomfortable, such as ice grinding, but I'll even have my city-facing bedroom window open when roadworks are going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I'm the opposite Darsithis - I need a certain level of white noise to distract me from the Tinnitus I've had since I was young.

Certain noises still make me uncomfortable, such as ice grinding, but I'll even have my city-facing bedroom window open when roadworks are going.
    I can't stand the the noise of ice being chewed on and yes it is specific to ice, it causes problems in a past relationship, person simply didn't understand my issue with it and it was difficult to explain that the only release would be to smash their face into the floor. I also need white noise but getting the perfect white noise is really really difficult for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I also need white noise but getting the perfect white noise is really really difficult for me.
    A steady rain does it for me, even with the occasional noises trees make if there's a wind gust.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    A steady rain does it for me, even with the occasional noises trees make if there's a wind gust.
    I lived near a highway (well, like 4 miles away from one) when I was growing up. The far away low sound was a great way one to put you to sleep. I kinda miss it now.

I lived near a highway (well, like 4 miles away from one) when I was growing up. The far away low sound was a great way one to put you to sleep. I kinda miss it now.
    I'm wondering how the OP would have felt about this: I lived in an apartment between a police department and a hospital while road (de)construction was ongoing. Oh yeah, 6am jackhammers, 24/7 sirens.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'm wondering how the OP would have felt about this: I lived in an apartment between a police department and a hospital while road (de)construction was ongoing. Oh yeah, 6am jackhammers, 24/7 sirens.
    Yep I'm 500m from the biggest hospital in our city. I'm used to the sirens now.