Secondary Bank account for online use?

I don't want to use my bank account, credit/debit card to sell and buy things online cause i got a few thousand dollars in there and if a hacker or spyware got the password, i could lose my soul. Can i instead open another bank account on a different bank company and just use that bank account instead so that way if hackers get my info, at least i'll only lose a little bit from the second bank account. By law am i allow to open a secondary bank account if i already have a main one in a different company? And if i am allowed, wat are the cons of having 2 bank accounts in 2 different bank companies? Thanks in advance.

You can always call the bank if you get hacked and they will cancel the charges... just show your IDs all that crap to prove its you

(even though it's very unlikely, just use a good password and you should be fine)

The safe way is to NEVER use your bank card or main bank account for drafts or online transactions. Credit cards are monitored much more closely than bank transactions. Most major credit cards have the option to create a single use number for a specific transaction, so it can't be used if intercepted. Options like PayPal are also a good option. Just be aware of what is being posted to ALL your accounts and report anything that looks suspicious. If you are transacting with an illegal site, your transactions may be monitored by law enforcement, just to say...

You should have both a savings and checking account. If it worries you only put a certain amount in checking and keep the bulk in savings.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodrunner View Post
    The safe way is to NEVER use your bank card or main bank account for drafts or online transactions. Credit cards are monitored much more closely than bank transactions. Most major credit cards have the option to create a single use number for a specific transaction, so it can't be used if intercepted. Options like PayPal are also a good option. Just be aware of what is being posted to ALL your accounts and report anything that looks suspicious. If you are transacting with an illegal site, your transactions may be monitored by law enforcement, just to say...
    Im not sure if this is illegal but i wanted to sell my account in this crappy mmo game called tera. Im not a gold farmer, im an legit player that really just got super bored with the game and would never ever go back so when i went on certain sites where these things are sellable. I got happy and was like why not make a few hundred bucks from it. Problem is i don't wanna risk my bank info online.

Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
    Im not sure if this is illegal but i wanted to sell my account in this crappy mmo game called tera.
    http://tera.enmasse.com/legal/terms-of-service
    You may not transfer, sell, or share your Account with anyone, unless you are a parent or guardian, in which case you may permit your minor child to use the Account. You are liable for all activities conducted through the Account.
    OT: Of course it's legal to have multiple checking/savings accounts with different financial institutions. Personally I wouldn't open an account with a new bank for the sole purpose of online use though.

A Paypal account maybe?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think that people think that bank account theft is more common than it is. if you ever get hacked, just contact your bank. Having 2-3 bank accounts, unless you have a significant amount of money in there (like, literally hundreds of thousands), is just a waste of time and effort.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Perhaps some prepaid card option? i had a Visa card i bought in a post office, it's not connected to your bank and only the preloaded sum of money can be used to make purchases (50$-2500$) with an option to load it at the post office or through a bank transfer to an account number tied directly to the card.

Pretty safe even if you lose it somehow or someone gets your card info and the only fee involved as far as i remember was only 2% of your loading amount.
    Last edited by Mavett; 2015-08-03 at 09:14 AM.