Help with a new GPU

So long story short my GPU died last night and im in a search for a new one.
    What I'm looking for is pretty much as much bang for buck in the 250-300 euros range.

I've been checking on a R9 380 or GTX 960, both 2Gb models.

Anyone here that could lead me to the right direction ?
    I mostly play CS:GO and WoW if that helps anything...

atm. I am kinda leaning to the GTX just cause its easier to make your own resolution profiles to run CS at 120Hz.

My power supply is 850W and im running and i5 2500K sandy bridge.

Thanks,
    Naaw
    Last edited by Naaw; 2015-08-03 at 09:24 AM.

I would suggest springing for the 4gb version if possible... But that's just me.
    Also why not gtx 970? It's a boss card that is just better in every way, and its just a bit more in terms of price... €308,99 for a strix version on Newegg

That said...
    "GTX 960 = More features
    R9 380 = Better raw performance

If you like the features NVIDIA excel at such as lower TDP, generally quieter (because of the lower TDP + heat), G-sync (if you have the monitor to support it. AMD have FreeSync but it's not as widely supported yet), SHIELD streaming and Shadowplay if you like recording your game (AMD have an equivalent but I personally didn't find it as good).

But if you just want to play your games at the higher settings for longer and perhaps at 1440p in the near future, AMD will give you more bang for your buck." -TheNash (Because I couldn't have said it better myself.)
    Last edited by Silent One; 2015-08-03 at 09:32 AM. Reason: I'm Dumb

960 is good that's what I have and it's cheap

If you're paying that much don't go for 2GB. It's 2015. It just doesn't cut it any more.

Between the 380 and the 960 there's not a lot of difference. nVidia seem slightly ahead now, but who knows what happens when DX12 games appear. Performance varies wildly from game to game.

I live in Finland and Newegg does not deliver there and all the GTX970 I find on finnish sites are almost 400e.
    I found a site with MSI AMD R9 380 GAMING, 4GB GDDR5 in stock for 279e.

I guess I'll go with that one. Thanks for the feedback !

Quote Originally Posted by Naaw View Post
    I live in Finland and Newegg does not deliver there
    Mm the prices here blow arse when it comes to GPU prices(and other stuff too). Hence why most people tend to buy them from other EU countries(mainly Germany) if they don't care about the RMA process taking longer if something was to fail.

At what resolutions do you play?
    You could buy a r9 280x, older generation but for 1080p it's plenty. + has 3gb ddr5.

edit: didn't see your post about the r9 380 with 4gb ddr5. Go for it.