Poll: Favourite XPAC?

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Until now, what was your favourite Hearthstone expansion?

Greetings and salutations my beautiful champions! How are you today?

So, Hearthstone is getting a 4th xpac soon enough.

Until now, what was your favourite xpac?

I loved Naxx. Sludge Belcher and Loatheb are amazing, and Kelthu-freaking-zad is great.

And for you?

Deleted
    I think Naxxramas remains the best expansion in terms of adding new viable cards. The vast majority of the cards introduced at least saw some play and it introduced some staples as well. GvG probably had a bigger impact on the meta, but relative to its size I think it was less impactful. And as fun as the BRM bosses were, the cards mostly fell flat. Only Imp Gang Boss, Flame Waker, Grim Patron, Thaurissan and Quick Shot are seeing major play.

TGT..it's too early to say. I'm a little worried about Inspire being too slow, but they've started to unveil some promising non-inspire cards as well. I'm hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I think Naxxramas remains the best expansion in terms of adding new viable cards. The vast majority of the cards introduced at least saw some play and it introduced some staples as well. GvG probably had a bigger impact on the meta, but relative to its size I think it was less impactful. And as fun as the BRM bosses were, the cards mostly fell flat. Only Imp Gang Boss, Flame Waker, Grim Patron, Thaurissan and Quick Shot are seeing major play.

TGT..it's too early to say. I'm a little worried about Inspire being too slow, but they've started to unveil some promising non-inspire cards as well. I'm hopeful.
    the problem with comparing fun expansions is that everyone always brings up the meta. So far GvG added the most fun cards to the game while naxx probably added the most used. As it stands nothing ground breaking is being released to shake up the meta so new expansions are just pick and choose which cards are slightly better than your old cards. For instance minus 1 arcane shot plus one quick shot. Not much change there as the hunter is still being annoying and going face every turn out of hand. Something game changing would be like Thorns: for 3 mana every time you hero is attacked next turn do that much damage to the source (minions kill themselves or champions ping themselves as well). Something like that wouldnt be op as its essentially a frost nova but would have huge impact in stalling the game to a more midrange level where sludge beltchers and the like can shave down the rush.

The cards from Naxxramas integrated the best troughout all decks, it'll be hard to recognise mages and hunters without Mad Scientists. They don't really have much RNG playing around but rather having some real value for their cost, like having a stronger Sen'jin Shieldmasta. The Naxx bossfights were quite fun aswell, I loved Kel'Thuzad chatting around. I also like the deathrattle decks with some Rivendare combo's, quite fun to play although not that good for high ranks.

I'm rather dissapointed with GvG that their cards don't get used that much other than in mech decks, and how much RNG depended they are. Most of their legendaries aren't any good either, the only must-have is Dr Boom. I do like the mech mage and shaman builds, would've been nice to see more classes having solid mech builds. I would've loved to see more GvG cards in constructed, but it seems that there isn't enough.

Blackrock Mountain doesn't live up to Naxx. I really like the idea of having dragon decks but it feels like there aren't enough solid cards to make a good constructed deck for it. Dragon paladin was very much hyped as a new build yet it turned out that no matter how much you tweak it, it just isn't solid enough to play ladder with. Some of the bossfights were really well done, I especially liked the first wing. But there are too many fights that it just luck depended, if you don't have the starting hand you need then its just instant concede. I like the new legendaries though.

I can't say anything about TGT yet, and I won't really wanna rate vanilla as its no expansion. So its Naxx > GvG > BRM for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naxxramas was probably the most impactful by having so many cards that are still valuable to this day. Blackrock Mountain was fun, but Blizzard completely dropped the ball on introducing the Dragon decks into the ladder scene. They completely neglected the early game, so the Dragon decks were way too slow to be really viable, and the only two cards that really changed anything were Thaurissan and Grim Patron, so Blizzard missed the mark completely on what would become viable decks.

I personally really dislike GvG because of how much it made rush decks ridiculously poweful. Hunters only got even worse after the Undertaker nerf than before the change, so I have no love for the rush decks that came out of that expansion. Also, the less that can be said about Dr. Boom the better.

As for TGT, we still need to wait till the whole expansion goes live before we can make a judgement, but from what I've seen it looks like Blizzard want give non-rush decks some love, which would be really nice. Still, the developers have been letting rush decks run rampant for far too long, and I'm not sure if they will actually manage to make the games be any slower.

GvG probably, as am mostly playing Arena, Naxx was sort of acceptable as the card pool weren't large, so you saw the cards in play, but BRM was just lackluster in general for Arena.

Naxx for me. I liked the interaction between the cards and the general theme with the deathrattles etc.

The general theme was great too i.e. a bit darker.

IMO goblins and gnomes seemed a bit too childish for me, but then i need to remind myself the age HS is aimed it.

Disliking any expansion that has been speeding up the game. Therefore voted vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    the problem with comparing fun expansions is that everyone always brings up the meta. So far GvG added the most fun cards to the game while naxx probably added the most used. As it stands nothing ground breaking is being released to shake up the meta so new expansions are just pick and choose which cards are slightly better than your old cards. For instance minus 1 arcane shot plus one quick shot. Not much change there as the hunter is still being annoying and going face every turn out of hand. Something game changing would be like Thorns: for 3 mana every time you hero is attacked next turn do that much damage to the source (minions kill themselves or champions ping themselves as well). Something like that wouldnt be op as its essentially a frost nova but would have huge impact in stalling the game to a more midrange level where sludge beltchers and the like can shave down the rush.
    Well to me fun and impacting the meta are the same thing usually. I don't find it fun to play with gimmicky cards that don't work 90% of the time, even if their end result is fun. I tried playing with Mimiron's Head at the start of GvG but having to slog through loads of games for the one or two times when I got to summon Voltron just wasn't enjoyable.

Deleted
    not gonna lie but GvG just brought too much to the game to not be the best. its like it changed how everything was played major a lot of old cards became unusable purely because of how op GvG became.

Both Naxxramas an BRM had AMAZINGLY designed boss encounters. I think the card only expansions make a lot of sense, but I would rather see more fun boss battles personally.

Deleted
    Naxxramas definitely for me. Most of the cards were viable and saw some constructed play at some point. Aside from Undertaker, none of them were stupidly overpowered.

I hate GvG because it accelerated the metagame to ridiculous levels and brought things like Dr Boom, face huntards and piloted shredders. Also cards that have random chance to win the game by itself, such as unstable portal.

Hopefully GT represents something else and slows down the ridiculously agressive meta. Also new expac like this means more arena cards in the pool, which also means less fucking mages with 5 flamestrikes + 3 fireballs.

Vanilla.
    The others aren't bad, but this is just better. The gameplay was more lenient, and the metagame offered more diverse ebb and flow

GvG had my favorite cards, but I really liked some on the Blackrock fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    So adventure is same as expansion?
    If we count adventure then - as everyone said - Naxx is best
    If we count what is considered expansion only then there is only 1 exp so far in this game GvG
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the original card set best.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Personally I think each Adventure & Expansion we get just gets better & better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike calling adventures expansions, but out of these, Blackrock Mountain was my favorite addition. So much fun.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

+1 for Blackrock Mountain

So far BRM, but TGT is starting to look pretty interesting.