Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Combat Rogue Wishlist

Some changes i would like to see in the next expack :

Revealing Strike : Deals 120% Physical damage, increasing the effect of your offensive finishing moves on that target by 35%, and giving your Sinister Strike and auto attacks a 25% chance to generate an extra combo point. Lasts 24 sec. Awards 1 combo point.
    Bandit's Guile In PvP ONLY : Takes 50% less time to be fully charged but it's duration is also reduced to 8 seconds
    Mastery: Main Gauche : Your main-hand attacks have a 18.0% chance to trigger an attack with your off-hand that deals 140% weapon damage and extending your Slice and Dice duration by 2 seconds.
    Poison choice for EVERY spec

What's yours ?
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2015-08-04 at 08:38 PM.

Deleted
    Apart from the PvP only thing, which I have no idea about, the first seems so overpowered to me...and the Main Gauche sound plausible, even possible, but would make refreshing S&D pointless at high gear levels, getting a passive S&D for Combat (or all three specs even) would be almost a thing.
    About my own wishlist, can't say much yet, busy with work but one thing jumps to mind: Vendetta, change it into something...at least more fun or remove entirely...would even preffer a passive in the lines of "every X offensive skills used you get a stack that gives +Y% damage to *something* for Z seconds, effect stacks W times (+% could be to all damage, just skills, or just white swings...hell, even to poinson damage only, stacking would be like 3 stacks each for +2% dmg or 5 stacks for +1,5% dmg. One could adjust the stacks and % depending what it increases)".
    Okay, maybe got a bit overboard with that passive, but the more I wrote the more ideas I got hehehe, so going on; It may sound waaay too overpowered but it could change the dmg type with each stack, like first stack gives +% to yellow dmg (except poinson dmg), second stack to white dmg and last to poison dmg (if it was +2%, that would make +2% to yellow dmg, +2% to white dmg and +2% to poison dmg). Hmmm, will think about this and elaborate later on.

It could even interact with DfA (IF it should stay, pesonally would not shed tears if it goes); depending how many stacks you have, using DfA would empower said move (all of it, the 150% hit + AoE dmg part) with said stack "type", meaning it you hit DfA during 3rd stack that gives +% poison dmg, DfA would do all of it's dmg +X% poison dmg (kinda like the T18 2p making Dispatch do +% poison dmg), and so on with the other stacks...maybe making the +% to all DfA dmg go up as the stack number increases.

So thats it for now, will think more about it all, as It's just wishfull thinking of mine (or not, who knows ^^).

PD: sorry for the mistakes, will check on a later date (lazy bum I am ^^')

Quote Originally Posted by Golde View Post
    Apart from the PvP only thing, which I have no idea about, the first seems so overpowered to me
    25% chance on a slow weapon auto attack is not really overpowered compared to the other specs that get a GUARANTEED combo points from critics / abilities ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Golde View Post
    Vendetta
    It's a COMBAT thread, not Assassination ^^"

Normalization of damage across all weapon speeds.

Let me transmog weapons into warglaives. That'd be a good combat buff.

But honestly, I like the main gauche idea, adding slice and dice duration.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I... want a taunt button. Not to tank but as utility to prevent wiping in raids when you need like 30 seconds for a battle res to come off CD when a tank is dead. I've gotten my guild several progression kills over the years by evasion tanking at the very end of a fight and its such an awesome feeling. would be really cool utility even though I know this is likely never going to happen.

Deleted
    Reverting both nerfs on killing spree.
    Nerf burst of speed again in some way, but let it break roots.
    Sinister strike costs too much energy.

Re-do killing spree. Or make Death from above viable in raiding. It's such a cool attack to use and it's one that makes you feel like a badass flying through the air lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Anza View Post
    I... want a taunt button. Not to tank but as utility to prevent wiping in raids when you need like 30 seconds for a battle res to come off CD when a tank is dead. I've gotten my guild several progression kills over the years by evasion tanking at the very end of a fight and its such an awesome feeling. would be really cool utility even though I know this is likely never going to happen.
    It would work better as a minor glyph. Something like "Increases your threat generated whilst evasion or combat readiness is active".

I would like to see Revealing Strike baked into Sinister Strike and we NEED charges for our prep abilities. We need two sprints, two vanishes, two evasions that charge back up like hunter's deterrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    A little bump.
    There's a wishlist item that would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    There's a wishlist item that would be great!
    Roguekin ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 2 things!!

1. Passive Slice and Dice!
    2. Remove Bandits Guile!

Would make Combat perfect!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Only 2 things!!

2. Remove Bandits Guile!

Why would you want to take away 50% of the spec's playing thought process? Assassination 2.0?

Bandit's guile can be improved, the cycles for example could be faster and back to MoP levels (10 > 20 > 30). Shadow blades CP treatment tied to AR would also helps a lot with the spec's flow, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Why would you want to take away 50% of the spec's playing thought process? Assassination 2.0?

Bandit's guile can be improved, the cycles for example could be faster and back to MoP levels (10 > 20 > 30). Shadow blades CP treatment tied to AR would also helps a lot with the spec's flow, but whatever.
    Definitely in favor of MoP/Cata's BG levels. Made the damage output feel higher overall due to less extreme peaks and valleys. I'd also be in favor of like the CD charge system Rets/Warlocks currently have. I feel like it would allow for Combat to have more thought with CD usage while retaining Restless Blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Only 2 things!!

2. Remove Bandits Guile!

Passive Slice and Dice would be fine, or extend the duration to say, 60 seconds at 5 combo points.

Bandit's guile can be improved though. How about the suggestion earlier with revealing strike being essentially the same as sinister strike, except it doesn't advance bandit's guile. That way, you can advance it with sinister strike to get it to line up with cooldowns better, instead of it getting you into deep insight after your cooldowns have ended.

I just want it to feel more swashbuckling.

Leave it as it is just bake an effect into ambush that automatically progresses bandits guile by one level if not already at max.

Deleted
    Get a paladin bubble during KS and 1 sec after it ends. For arena keep it as it is.