Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    MMmmm runescape

My first MMO

Still the best fucking gardening system in the world in MMOs

If an up to date MMO had Runescapes gardening or even housing system...... hot damn. I missed making pit falls and traps into dungeons or the boxing ring

I was also one of the very few people in the world to get 99HP as their only 99 skill, getting the 99 HP cape without it's trim. Took fucking forever but it was worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit they have a client now? I remember playing this from the browser

UO has gardening.
    UO has housing,.

but it's not up to date in the slightest.

dunno what archeage has.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    dunno what archeage has.
    fucking awesome gliders and boats.

my favorite things about the game really. also recall sitting on an island taking rental speed cars for a spin in races with friends.

Really fun game when i was still playing it in 07. Pretty much made me fall in love with mmo's. I still remember how scared i was when i was doing monkey madness for the first time. Also fuck that ghost place with the ectoplasm shit. I still remember it after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Really fun game when i was still playing it in 07. Pretty much made me fall in love with mmo's. I still remember how scared i was when i was doing monkey madness for the first time. Also fuck that ghost place with the ectoplasm shit. I still remember it after all these years.
    Dragon Slayer was the most scary thing in that game when it came. All that stuff you had to have and saved for and then lose it all when you were newish could be tough.

AHahahaha, rumors are already circulating that Block and Load is getting shut down.

Jagex, you incompetent fucks.

Thread is already dead, eh? Runescape 4 ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats block and load

also

sailing ;-;

Deleted
    I enjoyed it, grew fed of it for few reasons

- 75% vote. This means a minroty gets to dictate what majority wants. Very evident with sailing, which ended up failing at 68%(very recent example, and I quit wayy earlier, but proves my point). Same would happen if summoning or anything from 2008(basically same as RS3 for 25%+ of the playerbase) was polled. Nothing significant will ever happen. Heck, even asking for an optional 2008 UI in that reddit was met with utmost resistance from it's nostalgia-ridden fanboys. In other words, regressive playerbase.
    - The game version is 2007, so it doesn't have nearly as much nostalgia for me as it does for the most other guys playing it. I started RS in 2003 during classic, and I have to say from all periods I enjoyed 2008-2010 the best. Im not saying all updates are defendable, but generally those updates were the best there had ever been. HD graphics, summoning, BH/Bounty worlds etc.

Im not saying I won't spend any more time in that game, but at the moment I just find it hard to justify spending a long amount of time in there for the following reasons. Maybe in the future though, or if something changes.
    Last edited by mmoc397e28de05; 2015-09-15 at 07:05 AM.

Not gonna lie.

That looks ghetto as hell.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    whats block and load

also

sailing ;-;
    block and load is a jagex produced game they released on steam. $10 minecraft build-n-shoot.
    It was pretty trash, I played the 10 games for the runescape ingame rewards and never touched it.

I got back into Runescape (regular, not OSRS) in August for the summer sale. 3 months for the price of 2. Much worth for the last 10 quests I had to catch up on.
    I have a 2100ish lvl account.
    Currently has the quest cape, quests are the best reason about the game, I would pay to have them all removed so I could beat them again QQ.
    I would make a new account, but screw spending forever grinding up the levels again. Getting to 80s in skills like Divination just isn't fun to me anymore.
    Currently just log in once a day for divination locations, raffle tickets, weekly dnd's and occasionally the daily challenges.
    It's pretty dull once all the quests are over, but I'll slowly grind out fishing or WC to 99 I think... perhaps.
    After my sub ends in October I'll be taking a break until a new skill comes out (but more likely waiting until the grandmaster myreque final quest is released) - uber keen for it, the quest released yesterday was quite great.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Just got done with the Lord of Vampyrium. It just upsets me that they can make such great quest content and yet still keep the game itself an absolute pile of dogshit.

Jagex also bought Block and Load from some other developer, just like they did with basically every fucking game that isn't Runescape/FunOrb almost. They're also trying to do some kind of weird, terrible looking Hearthstone knockoff (I knew tons of other people would try virtual card games in the coattail's of Heartfart's success) that will probably just get cancelled midway in development.

Still, though. I ground Divination (which is fucking awful) to do the Light Within and I didn't find it very great. It wasn't bad, but pretty underwhelming and I didn't consider it worth the time to train all the exp for it. Lord of Vampyrium was totally the opposite, though. Had to train Hunter (almost as shit as Divination) to do it and I don't regret it one bit. It was a fantastic fucking quest and I'm glad the last two Myreque installments have been so awesome, considering the previous quests are of fairly lower quality.

It was the perfect sort of "bittersweet victory" quest that didn't really answer any questions but set itself up perfectly for the finale. Hopefully it won't take them 4-5 years to make it, considering the game will surely be dead by then.

Thread is still as busy as ever, I see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zeah is now early next year

- - - Updated - - -

Its 99% of what kid me wanted before I quit, only difference is the name and where.

They apparently announced some big plan to release a shitload of quests next year, on top of some Gower Bros 'anniversary quest' and this whole Falador vs. Kinshra mini event.

Let's see how they fuck it all up, boiz.

I don't know, I think they're doing great with all the new non-linear content they've created so far
    Last edited by tobzhax; 2015-10-18 at 02:56 AM.
    "Hacker:... an aficionado of computers - someone who enjoys making computers do new things, or do old things in a new and clever way." - H. S. Warren, JR "Hacker's Delight"
    "The process of preparing programs for a digital computer is especially attractive, ... it can be an aesthetic experience much like composing poetry or music." - Donald E. Knuth "The Art of Computer Programming"

10+ Year Old Account
    im only on OSRS, is that for OSRS?

Also Zeah given the date of January of next year.

- - - Updated - - -

I also stock piled on zulrah tabs right as they hit about 500gp each now I am playing the waiting game.

sitting on a few abyssal daggers praying the vote passes to buff the spec
    "Hacker:... an aficionado of computers - someone who enjoys making computers do new things, or do old things in a new and clever way." - H. S. Warren, JR "Hacker's Delight"
    "The process of preparing programs for a digital computer is especially attractive, ... it can be an aesthetic experience much like composing poetry or music." - Donald E. Knuth "The Art of Computer Programming"

10+ Year Old Account
    i felt so bad for that guy on reddit who sold 100k tabs at 101gp because he thought it was a good flip.......

oh fuck lol, thats the game you play though right hindsight is 20/20

- - - Updated - - -

what are they at now?

- - - Updated - - -

are they really at 2k?