Yep, go mut since target switching is a lot easier as Assas

*devil on your shoulder appears*
    Screw the guild
    Go sub
    Let the range take the adds
    Imagine how good your rank will be
    You'll be top dps

Fan of knives can be really good also
    Last edited by Kazzai; 2015-08-04 at 10:09 AM.

Play sub, you're more useful in every way.

I don't really get why people parrot the 'assassination has better target swapping' line as a reason to play mut over sub. Sub can swap targets and do more damage to those targets than mut can any day of the week, if you know how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzai View Post
    *devil on your shoulder appears*
    Screw the guild
    Go sub
    Let the range take the adds
    Imagine how good your rank will be
    You'll be top dps

Fan of knives can be really good also
    I laughed so hard.... I ended up being combat to cleave down souls.

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    I laughed so hard.... I ended up being combat to cleave down souls.
    Combat is the best way to go on this fight. You are in control of the souls, who lives or dies, and ultimately the success or failure of your group. I would not say I should be worshiped or anything in my guild but I do accept weekly tributes.

People still say that Assassination is better for target swapping? That seems like a really outdated mindset. Vanish has it's cooldown significantly reduced by 4 set, and Shadow Dance is up every minute. Unless the priority add that pops up is going to last for the full duration of Vendetta and only comes into the fight every 2 minutes, Assassination can't possibly compete with Subtlety for switching to adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Virium View Post
    People still say that Assassination is better for target swapping? That seems like a really outdated mindset. Vanish has it's cooldown significantly reduced by 4 set, and Shadow Dance is up every minute. Unless the priority add that pops up is going to last for the full duration of Vendetta and only comes into the fight every 2 minutes, Assassination can't possibly compete with Subtlety for switching to adds.
    Think of archimonde. When doomfire/deathcaller spawn you have like 10-15 seconds to burst the bitches, assass just gotta apply a rupture and you're good to go, doing optimal dps.
    Sub would have to fit in a stealth at some stage to be doing its best dps, which isn't always that easy.

Socrethar is another good example.
    Im all for sub don't get me wrong, but with shorter ruptures and less consistent dps, i think sass would come out on top in periods where constant adds need to be downed asap.

Play Sub for Gorefiend or Combat if your guild needs a quarterback for the souls.
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

Think of archimonde. When doomfire/deathcaller spawn you have like 10-15 seconds to burst the bitches, assass just gotta apply a rupture and you're good to go, doing optimal dps.
    Sub would have to fit in a stealth at some stage to be doing its best dps, which isn't always that easy.

Socrethar is another good example.
    Im all for sub don't get me wrong, but with shorter ruptures and less consistent dps, i think sass would come out on top in periods where constant adds need to be downed asap.
    Optimal shit dps maybe.

I would choose having a vanish or a dance for every other add over playing mut for every add. I would hazard a guess you would do more dps to adds this way, whilst also being more useful for boss damage.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwifruitOCE View Post
    Optimal shit dps maybe.

I would choose having a vanish or a dance for every other add over playing mut for every add. I would hazard a guess you would do more dps to adds this way, whilst also being more useful for boss damage.

You make good points sir.
    But would you vanish+ambush on a loose gorefiend add chasing some1 for the 1shot? His bitch ass would go down in like 5 seconds, and there would be a lot of potential fw uptime on boss now gone.
    Mut on the other hand could rupture the add (refreshing envenom on the gorefiend beforehand for the run to said add), mut/dispatch/envenom it until dies, then go back to gorefiend, benefitting in energy from rupture on death of the death of the add.
    Last edited by Kazzai; 2015-08-05 at 07:26 AM.

But would you vanish+ambush on a loose gorefiend add chasing some1 for the 1shot? His bitch ass would go down in like 5 seconds, and there would be a lot of potential fw uptime on boss now gone.
    Mut on the other hand could rupture the add (refreshing envenom on the gorefiend beforehand for the run to said add), mut/dispatch/envenom it until dies, then go back to gorefiend, benefitting in energy from rupture on death of the death of the add.
    Two ambushes on the add, one on the boss, easy fix. If the add needs more than two ambushes to die, then someone isn't doing their job correctly downstairs. At that point, you may as well use the full vanish on it.

Why are you on the boss? Just use Vanish and Shadow Dance when they come off of cooldown but don't use your trinket/SR until it's time for Feast of Souls. If you're on the boss when there are adds up and you're worrying about Find Weakness time, you're doing it completely wrong. Assassination kills everything slower than Subtlety does with either Vanish or Shadow Dance, someone said it in here earlier but just because you're doing optimal damage after using Rupture and Envenom on an add doesn't mean that this optimal damage isn't shit.

I'm just curious, why are people bashing assas dps, when the 2 specs are within +/- 3-4k dps difference of each other? Or am I completely off charts there.

One more thing I am interesting in learning. Has any one calculated the dps difference between assas and sub at execute range?

Edit: I was curious and youtubed mythic gorefiend videos. In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32-_RNVUy2E
    for a progressing guild, what would a sub rogue do at 1:48 mins? Would sub have been better in that situation?
    Last edited by Apaylo; 2015-08-05 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apaylo View Post
    I'm just curious, why are people bashing assas dps, when the 2 specs are within +/- 3-4k dps difference of each other? Or am I completely off charts there.

One more thing I am interesting in learning. Has any one calculated the dps difference between assas and sub at execute range?

Edit: I was curious and youtubed mythic gorefiend videos. In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32-_RNVUy2E
    for a progressing guild, what would a sub rogue do at 1:48 mins? Would sub have been better in that situation?
    As a Subtlety rogue you should be using Deadly Throw so that you can have a 70% ranged slow every 2 seconds at least. Subtlety is just better in every situation on this fight as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Apaylo View Post
    They are farther apart than that. I was playing Mut last night and had an 89th percentile parse as Mut. Guildy was 88th percentile as Sub. He beat me by 8600 DPS.

Deleted
    Im surprised I havent seen this in any thread about gorefiend, so here's my contribution : As sub, ask your raid leader to send you down on the 1st big add of every P1. Just afk at pull, dont do anything and wait for your tank to be sent down. Since you were afk, your soul capacitor will proc on the add and you'll be able to literally one shot it at the end of shadow dance/vanish, meaning you just removed 8M dmg (life of the add when he goes up) to be done. For the 2 others P1 it's all about luck on soul capacitor procs, but when you do have luck, it really really helps with adds cleaning

If you go as Sub, what do you do during the Feast phase? Do you stay with others in front of him and Hemo when your CDs are down? Or do you run out to be able to Backstab? If it's the latter, what do you need to do to make sure you don't die?

Quote Originally Posted by nordveien View Post
    If you go as Sub, what do you do during the Feast phase? Do you stay with others in front of him and Hemo when your CDs are down? Or do you run out to be able to Backstab? If it's the latter, what do you need to do to make sure you don't die?
    You don't need to move very far to be able to backstab, and Feint if you're having problems.