Poll: is it?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I wouldn't say its a deal breaker but I don't think I could deal with the stress of taking care of someone with a very serious disability like quadriplegics and so forth. Really shitty on my part but I know myself enough that I could never devote my life to such a task. I admire people that stick with disabled partners though. That's true love
    I don't think anyone would like to deal with that kind of stress. Probably the best thing to do under those circumstances is to get help from medical professionals. Even having a nurse come in a few hours a day could take a lot of strain out of relationship. Also, if you're the primary caretaker of someone, I think it pushes the relationship more in a parent/child direction rather than two people who are equals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    i wonder if people feel if physical disability is a dealbreaker in relationships? if someone was in wheel chair i dont think i could be in relationship with them its very restricting
    I think you never had a crush before if you say this
    lots of people are only lusty

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Not at all. I have a great uncle who got caught in a farming accident and became a paraplegic. At the time he was engaged to a very hot woman. She could have easily moved on to someone more worthy, but she stayed with him, got married, had a few kids together and stuck with him until he died in his 70s.

Relationships always have challenges. If you are going to discard a possible relationship with someone who otherwise fits you quite well because of a wheelchair, you are the one with the problem, not them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I fell in love with someone, it wouldn't matter to me. I could see it being a problem if we couldn't have sex. That would suck,but if I truly loved them,I see it as something that could be overcome. That would be a very special and unlikely circumstance, but you never know who you'll meet or when you'll fall in love.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Not at all. I have a great uncle who got caught in a farming accident and became a paraplegic. At the time he was engaged to a very hot woman. She could have easily moved on to someone more worthy, but she stayed with him, got married, had a few kids together and stuck with him until he died in his 70s.

Relationships always have challenges. If you are going to discard a possible relationship with someone who otherwise fits you quite well because of a wheelchair, you are the one with the problem, not them.
    Someone at the prime of their life, should not waste their life taking care of someone. Relation is give and take. a disable young person would mostly take, compared to if the disability happened in the middle age where the relationship has already become strong.

Deleted
    I'll tick depends what it is, but honestly all of the ones I can think of right now are total dealbreakers. I don't want to be someone's caretaker, too much stress and pressure.

It entirely depends on the disability in question and how strongly I feel about this person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Depends on what it is, a wheelchair yeah i do think it would be. Id prob take care of the person for as long as I could, but yeah...

If I'm just dating then it depends on what it is. Anything severe would most likely be a dealbreaker, yeah.

If I was already with someone and they got disabled, of course I wouldn't leave them over that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    I think you never had a crush before if you say this
    lots of people are only lusty
    i have lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't date any woman that had a physical or mental disability. A chick I went to get with once seemed a bit slow, she said she had a bit of a learning disability so I left it at that. My choice, disabilities are a turn off and a deal breaker for me.

That said if my wife had an accident and became disabled I would be with her until the end and love her every day as I do now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because, I don't want to be responsible for anybody should things get serious that I am not 100% sure I want to take on that task.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    I wouldn't date any woman that had a physical or mental disability. A chick I went to get with once seemed a bit slow, she said she had a bit of a learning disability so I left it at that. My choice, disabilities are a turn off and a deal breaker for me.

That said if my wife had an accident and became disabled I would be with her until the end and love her every day as I do now.
    Mental disability is a total deal breaker, legally and emotionally.