Thread: Deathmatch

Deleted

Deathmatch

I've been contemplating the problem of the lack of objective orientated play in BGs, and I think I've come up with a solution. Create a separate queue that runs the same maps, but the mode for those maps is team deathmatch.
    For those that don't know what that means the goal is simply to kill the enemy team repeatedly until your team or the enemy team reach a certain score from doing so. This would allow those who wouldn't bother with the objective anyways to fight on the road to their hearts content.
    Obviously this idea isn't fleshed out in the slightest, and would require quite a bit of more thought to be put into it.
    Regardless, I think it's an interesting concept and figured I'd put it out there for criticism and the like.

They did that during the WoW 10th anniversary with the Southshore vs Tarren Mill event.

People asked to let the BG stay in even after the anniversary event was done, but Blizzard said no for some reason. Means they'll prob never do a team deathmatch BG.

Deleted
    Instead of dumbing down the objective orientated BGs to mindless team deatchmatches, Blizzard should encourage players to participate in the objectives.

but Blizzard said no for some reason
    Here's a reason: Even someone like me who enjoys every aspect of WoW-PvP (rated, unrated, open) couldn't bring myself to play another SS vs TM after getting the achievement, because the PvP-experience in there was forced, boring and the "BG" as a whole felt pointless.

Deleted
    The southshore vs tarren mill map was FAR too large if there were to be a DM map it should be like WSG without the buildings only the terrain in the middle o

Deleted
    Agreed, though I think they should add in more terrain to allow for line of sighting. Stick in some giant rocks and things like that. Also buff houses are still a pretty cool idea. Maybe even have randomly placed buffs which could be a whole number of things. For instance the originals berserker, speed, and renew, I think that's what it's called, but then other ones likes a 1min stealth, a 40 sec shield for 100-150k by WoD numbers, things like that. I'm quite liking the sound of this.