Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What would the 4th specs be?

What ho,

Purely hypothetically, if Blizzard was to announce a 4th specialization for every class for X6, what would you want them to be, or what do you think they would be?

Let your nerd-juices flow!

Here are mine:

Hunter - Ranger
    A valiant of the wilds who uses swords and axes both at range and in close-quarters combat.

Shaman - Attuned
    A sage among shaman who becomes one with the elements by taking the literal form of an elemental to protect Azeroth.

Warlock - Nether-master
    A master of the Nether who is able to banish and strike at enemies from two realms.

Warrior - Bannerman
    A strategic and unyielding master of morale who empowers allies in victory and defeat.

Monk - Lorewalker
    A wise historian who uses knowledge of the past to expose weaknesses in enemies.

Mage - Geomancer
    A guardian of the time-ways who bends time to attack its enemies before or after a battle has even been settled.

Priest - Necromancer
    A former servant of the light who instead chose to enslave it and have its fallen servants do its bidding.

Rogue - Buccaneer
    A true adventurer and lord of the high seas who combines handguns and weapons to take charge of any situation.

Paladin - Lord-Commander
    A righteous leader who uses a shield and weapon to crush enemies and lead the charge into battle.

Death Knight - Avenger
    A fallen hero who treads the line between life and death, combining light and shadow to unleash vengeance on its foes.

Druid -

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd personally split Demonology to be a Master Demonologist - able to enslave more powerful demons (any from in the world in a similar vain as hunters) and the 4th spec is Metamorphosis lock, who can become either tank or healer, using the power of stolen souls to defend or heal. The 4th spec would be a mail wearer. Opens up another spec for mail and gives locks more utility beyond DPS, DPS, and DPS essentially all wearing the same gear.
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please" Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    What ho,

Purely hypothetically, if Blizzard was to announce a 4th specialization for every class for X6, what would you want them to be, or what do you think they would be?

Let your nerd-juices flow!

Here are mine:

Hunter - Ranger
    A valiant of the wilds who uses swords and axes both at range and in close-quarters combat.

Shaman - Attuned
    A sage among shaman who becomes one with the elements by taking the literal form of an elemental to protect Azeroth.

Warlock - Nether-master
    A master of the Nether who is able to banish and strike at enemies from two realms.

Warrior - Bannerman
    A strategic and unyielding master of morale who empowers allies in victory and defeat.

Monk - Lorewalker
    A wise historian who uses knowledge of the past to expose weaknesses in enemies.

Mage - Geomancer
    A guardian of the time-ways who bends time to attack its enemies before or after a battle has even been settled.

Priest - Necromancer
    A former servant of the light who instead chose to enslave it and have its fallen servants do its bidding.

Rogue - Buccaneer
    A true adventurer and lord of the high seas who combines handguns and weapons to take charge of any situation.

Paladin - Lord-Commander
    A righteous leader who uses a shield and weapon to crush enemies and lead the charge into battle.

Death Knight - Avenger
    A fallen hero who treads the line between life and death, combining light and shadow to unleash vengeance on its foes.

Druid -
    Isn't it massively redundant for pure dps specs to have dps specs? I mean all it would end up as another spec they wouldn't play due to it simming lowest.

I remember seeing this a few years ago - the last class is supposed to be a 'Tinker' class

Last edited by barial; 2015-08-05 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellalock View Post
    I'd personally split Demonology to be a Master Demonologist - able to enslave more powerful demons (any from in the world in a similar vain as hunters) and the 4th spec is Metamorphosis lock, who can become either tank or healer, using the power of stolen souls to defend or heal. The 4th spec would be a mail wearer. Opens up another spec for mail and gives locks more utility beyond DPS, DPS, and DPS essentially all wearing the same gear.
    Ooh; I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Isn't it massively redundant for pure dps specs to have dps specs? I mean all it would end up as another spec they wouldn't play due to it simming lowest.
    Specs are just about variation in the first place, so I'm ok with it.

Gladiator Warrior: Sword and Board DPS (Already Implemented)
    Primal Hunter: Melee & Pet DPS (Rexxar)
    Ranger Rogue: Bow Ranged DPS, Stealth and Arrow Poisons
    Necromancy Warlock: Shadow and Unholy Magic, Raising Zombies and Skeletons
    Earthward Shaman: Earth Element Based Tanking (Used to be Possible)
    Time Mage: Reversing Damage Healer with Time (Chromie can do this!)
    Inquisition Priest: Spell Based Melee DPS (Similar to Ret Paladins)
    Exorcism Paladin: Ranged Spell DPS (Shockadins)
    Shadow Death Knight: Ranged Spell DPS, focus on Minions, Mounted combat (Only run speed Mount in Combat, WC3 Death Knight)
    Cranedancer Monk: Firedancing Ranged DPS (Chi-ji Spec)
    Last edited by shoc; 2015-08-04 at 04:26 PM.
    You just lost The Game

Death Knight - Necromancy (int plate caster with multiple minions that uses int 1h + int shield)

Druid - n/a ...... Maybe since they already have 4 specs, they instead do something cool with the forums based on race. Troll Rhino tank, Incarnation-like armor sets, etc

Hunter - Primal (Rexxar inspired melee spec)

Mage - Time (Time magic)

Monk - Firedancer (Chi-ji based Bard dps. Could do good off heals, would have spells like "Song of Harmony" and music themed shit)

Paladin - Wrath (Shockadin, would basically be a dps Holy pally)

Priest - Possession/Domination (Spec where they are just in a mist-like shadow form [see Disperse] and hop from enemy to enemy and deal damage to it. It's most powerful spells would be an extreme Dominate mind where they just take over the body and get new spells based on the class of the host and get to play as that NPC)

Rogue - Dark Ranger (Ranged based spec based around Sylvanas. She contracts the rogue to steal the shards of Frostmourne from the Argent Crusade in Northrend, and this unlocks the 4th spec for the rogue and her gift is also using the shards to imbue the player's arrows into the Sylvanas "Dark Arrows" that have black magic)

Shaman - Earthwarden (Enhancement-like tank that uses 1h and shield. Uses Rockbiter and Windfury and an Empowered Earth/Volcanic Shield for defense)

Warlock - Demon Hunter

Warrior - Gladiator (flesh it out more to feel like its own spec)

I also think Warlocks can easily become Necromancers with a Glyph that just changes their Demons (mostly) cosmetically:

Imp: Skeletal Mage
    Voidwalker: Skeletal Warrior
    Succubus: Skeletal Archer
    etc
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2015-08-04 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of a 4th (totally useless imo) spec why can't we have 3 open specs.

I get tired of swapping around on my pally/priest/monk etc. I want the ability to
    have all 3 specs available at the click of my mouse. MUCH better than a silly 4th spec.

I don't want a 4th spec for my hunter, I want them to actually make all 3 specs that we already have EQUAL so that one can get away with choosing whatever one prefers. The abomination that has been WoD Survival needs fixing before I'll think about a 4th spec.

But, if there was one, it'd be cool if it was more Rexxar inspired. NOT "free of pet" though...darn it, it's just too fun to dream!!
    One thing I would want is for them to make rid of the "dual spec specialization" and just let us be able to swap between ALL of our specs WITHOUT visiting some lowly npc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    I remember seeing this during the end of Cata I think - the last class is supposed to be a 'Tinker' class

I REALLY hope this is what we see Thursday. That Shadowhunter icon looks great, and I'll play the Seven Hells out of a Tinker if they can tank.
    Last edited by MrSaggins; 2015-08-04 at 04:12 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Deleted
    I'd love to have a Necromancer spec for my warlock :3 Or Demon Hunter one of those..

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Ooh; I like it!

Specs are just about variation in the first place, so I'm ok with it.
    By variation you mean wich spec is at the top of the charts?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Hunter - Primal - Tank Spec
    Rogue - Ranger/Dark Ranger - Ranged DPS
    Paladin - Templer - Ranged DPS (Sword and Board Int)
    Warrior - Gladiator fleshed out
    Monk - Lorewalker (Ranged DPS, Agi Base)
    Mage - Time (Healing)
    Death Knight - Necromancy (Healing, Int)
    Warlock - Nether (Tanking)
    Priest - Zealot (Ranged DPS Holy Damage)
    Shaman - Earthwarden (Tank, Agi)

And

Fifth Spec for Druids! Viper Spec ... an Ranged Agi DPS spec. You turn into a Snake!

Deleted
    Mage: bloodmage (kind of battlemage using blood magic - melee dps)
    Warlock: Demonhunter (shadow melee spells - Melee dps)
    Priest: Spiritbender (Spirit pet with tank abilities the priest need to use spell on it to activate his tanking abilities - Tank)
    Druid: Non
    Rogue: Blademaster (2H weapon and tanking is focused on dodge)
    Monk: Cranewalker (Range dps being able to control one of the spiritpets (hunter with spells))
    Shaman: Farseer (Tank class getting earth abilities to improve armor on gear)
    Hunter: Dark ranger (Non pet hunter class, hunter can equipt range weapon and melee weapon same time)
    Paladin: Shockadin (Range dps class with holy spells)
    Warrior: Barbarian (2H weapon tanking class)
    Deathknight: Necromancy (healer spec and support with adds)
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2015-08-04 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Gladiator Warrior: Sword and Board DPS (Already Implemented)
    Primal Hunter: Melee & Pet DPS (Rexxar)
    Ranger Rogue: Bow Ranged DPS, Stealth and Arrow Poisons
    Necromancy Warlock: Shadow and Unholy Magic, Raising Zombies and Skeletons
    Earthward Shaman: Earth Element Based Tanking (Used to be Possible)
    Time Mage: Reversing Damage Healer with Time (Chromie can do this!)
    Inquisition Priest: Spell Based Melee DPS (Similar to Ret Paladins)
    Exorcism Paladin: Ranged Spell DPS (Shockadins)
    Shadow Death Knight: Ranged Spell DPS, focus on Minions, Mounted combat (Only run speed Mount in Combat, WC3 Death Knight)
    Cranedancer Monk: Firedancing Ranged DPS (Chi-ji Spec)
    I agree with these for the most part, though because you said:

Warrior: Gladiator

I have to go with:

Hunter: Lone Wolf
    Paladin: Inquisitor (based on Seal of Faith)

The experiment with Warriors and Hunters has gone well to pave the way for their own 4th specs. Seal of Faith was scrapped before WoD release, but perhaps it could resurface as a spec of its own. The Demon Hunter thread argues well for keeping Meta in the Warlock class, but branching off a tanking Demon Hunter 4th spec.

The new talents will show the way towards 4th specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only imagine what a 4th spec would do to the already horrible PvP balance :P
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    I REALLY hope this is what we see Thursday. That Shadowhunter icon looks great, and I'll play the Seven Hells out of a Tinker if they can tank.
    Come on, be realistic. A new class AND a fourth spec for every class? At twelve classes, that's an additional fifteen specs to balance for PvP and PvE. In a game where THREE new specs is a balancing nightmare, five times that is more than a little ridiculous.

Honestly, I could see fourth specs happening, as they're not new classes so even if there's many more specs, they at least wouldn't have to deal with completely new things to balance. But a fourth spec and a new class at the same time? Not likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Come on, be realistic. A new class AND a fourth spec for every class? At twelve classes, that's an additional fifteen specs to balance for PvP and PvE. In a game where THREE new specs is a balancing nightmare, five times that is more than a little ridiculous.

Honestly, I could see fourth specs happening, as they're not new classes so even if there's many more specs, they at least wouldn't have to deal with completely new things to balance. But a fourth spec and a new class at the same time? Not likely.
    Well if blizzard is desperate enough, they might try to pull something like this to get subscribers back.

personally I feel like it would be less of a balancing issue to balance 4th specs then to balance all classes against a new class. as most spells and talents are shared between specs.

Hunter - Ranger - non-pet dps

Shaman - Earthwarden - Tank

Warrior - Gladiator - shield dps

Monk - Chi-Ji styled monk - potentially ranged - dps

Mage - Blood mage - dps

Priest - Priest/priestess of the moon - ranged with bow + holy magic - dps

Paladin - Ranged holy speck - dps

Deleted
    Alot of people in this thread arent giving the specs titles that would be appropriate for 'wow' why would a DK have a spec named avenger for example when the other 3 specs are named frost, unholy and blood?