Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by iebe View Post
    Well if blizzard is desperate enough, they might try to pull something like this to get subscribers back.

personally I feel like it would be less of a balancing issue to balance 4th specs then to balance all classes against a new class. as most spells and talents are shared between specs.
    Did you read like half of my post and ignore the rest? It's not a long post. You can read all of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HiYouCanCallMeBen View Post
    Alot of people in this thread arent giving the specs titles that would be appropriate for 'wow' why would a DK have a spec named avenger for example when the other 3 specs are named frost, unholy and blood?
    People are just fantisizing - the main point is that they'd get another spec. Most people just want another spec for a select few classes, like a Shaman Tank, Shockadin Paladin, and a few others - the rest of the fourth specs just come out of necessity, ie not spawned out of creativity, but out of need.

Deleted
    Buccaneer would be ace. I'd reroll if only to be able to play a Pirate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Did you read like half of my post and ignore the rest? It's not a long post. You can read all of it.
    You misinterpreted my post, I only quoted you for the first paragraph. For the rest I just gave my opinion on 4th specs.

Get off your high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by iebe View Post
    You misinterpreted my post, I only quoted you for the first paragraph. For the rest I just gave my opinion on 4th specs.

Get off your high horse.
    But I like it up here, it allows me to see people in their true light!

Anyway yeah, Blizzard is pretty clearly desperate considering they're announcing the expansion before Blizzcon for the first time ever since its beginning. I don't feel like the content amounts will be what's desperate though, but rather how fast it'll arrive. In other words, rushed and one new class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    But I like it up here, it allows me to see people in their true light!

Anyway yeah, Blizzard is pretty clearly desperate considering they're announcing the expansion before Blizzcon for the first time ever since its beginning. I don't feel like the content amounts will be what's desperate though, but rather how fast it'll arrive. In other words, rushed and one new class.
    Yeah, I agree with that. I have my own opinions on why they announce it so soon. First of all, it's gamescon, so there are going to be people there who play other games as well, it might lure in new players. And secondly if they waited for blizzcon to announce it, they would have a patch 6.2 that is between one and two years, so that would be to long again.

Deleted
    All 4th specs ideas brings a lot of cool ideas to new classes. I would rly like idea of ranged rogue, real petless hunters spec(because Lone wolf talent is still too limited because of hunter class design), some melee-ranged hybrid spec, some more engineering/guns/bombs/artillery/mortars. All those specs could be clipped to one new ranged class.

Same with some warlock, rogue, monk ideas they also could work as DH class.

I was going to post that Rogue doesn't need a 4th spec as our current 3 hardly feel that unique as it is, but then I saw the words Buccaneer and Handgun.

Yes. (But then also redesign Assassination rogues so they don't have 2 specs tied to only daggers, cuz really it's freaking annoying for loot reasons. I'd like a full sword spec, a dagger spec and then combat as the who gives a crap I can hit things with it can't I? spec. Buccaneer would obviously go down to a 1 hand blade (sword OR dagger) with an OH Pistol for some ranged damage and easier damage on the move.

I also like your hunter idea, I think it'd be cool to see Rexxar style hunters fighting up in melee with their pets. Mage is cool, but give it a better name like Epoch Mage.

Death Knight I'd like to see a fully devoted to summoning spec, Unholy feels far more about the plague and disease and turning people into undead than raising them and I think it'd be a fun role to fill as some form of maybe ranged plate tank that utilizes pets more than anything we've got in game today.

Warlock I'd say go for the void, plenty of lore missing about the void so it'd be a nice segway into that whole debacle, plus you'd get void form or something and all the Shadow Priests would be like, why do I only go fadey when he goes black with a purple outline? Lots of stuff like fragmentation involved in your attacks, literally severing your opponent from it's life force and attacking at the spirit/soul of the target rather than their physical being.

There's a few other easy ones like Warrior (Just stop Glad stance being a talent and make it the spec, lots of chargey, shield bashy fun) Paladin would get the Shockadin we all miss, Monk has a big red bird all about the spells that a spec can be based around.

Priest and Shaman however.... I guess Shaman could get a tanking spec, maybe tied more to the Earth Element than other specs since Resto is water, Elemental is fire and Enhance is air, plus their ability to wield 2-handed maces I'd be happy with that spec (especially if they gave us a system between Monk Statues and Shaman Elementals and Totems for some differing gameplay styles to the stand in melee and tank it tanks.)

Priest, no I'm stumped, without the buffing role in WoW I can't think of something that feels viable enough on it's own without being stupid and isn't already what the Monk is. Maybe something like a Cleric IF you can distinguish it enough from Paladin to be worthwhile, maybe make the first true hybrid and have them do dps and healing at the same time.

(The below is more unlikely than me being bit by a badger as I type this, but I like to daydream.)
    As a different approach, what about the ability to Multiclass/Hybrid-ise your character? Not accessing all of it's spells and abilities but a few key ones, think of a permanent and better Druid's Symbiosis that gives you access to a handful of abilities and maybe weapon proficiencies of the other class.

Obviously this totally goes against all that ability squishing they've just done so it'd never happen for that reason never mind the balancing involved in that kind of situation. Just a fun thought experiment not worth it's own thread.
    Last edited by Mectrid; 2015-08-05 at 11:33 AM.

OP, you realize "geo-" means "earth," right?

That would make the new mage spec an earth-based spec if it's following its name.

I think you're looking for "chronomancer"

• Warrior - Blademaster: A light-armoured warrior, similiar to the Orc Blademaster in WC3, wears agility mail gear and light weapons - one-handed axes, swords, fist weapons and two-handed swords (basically, I want a samurai-like class/spec - the Warsong Clan transmog set from Dwarven Bunker will suit this guy perfectly! )
    • Paladin - Vengeance: Ranged weapon based spec that wears mail gear. Imagine it something like Arclight Varus from League of Legends.
    • Death Knight - Fire: We already have plenty of DK sets that are pretty much on fire and people like them, so the theme is good, and they could come up with something related to the new Lich King who also seems to be on fire. I'm fine with having no lore explanation whatsoever, they just expanded their potential, I guess?
    • Rogue - Headhunter: Thrown-weapon based long-range spec
    • Hunter - Shadowstalker: A mid-range agility leather ( for those hunters that want to have a leather transmog set ) spec that uses stealth and shadow magic
    • Monk - Firedancer: A Fire element based Red Crane themed mobile mid/long range caster wearing intellect leather gear
    • Shaman - Earthwarden: Earth element based tank spec
    • Druid - Guardian
    • Mage - Blood: A hybrid DPS/Heal spec, similiar to how Priests can heal using Smite, you lifesteal and heal yourself and other nearby allies.
    • Warlock - Demon Hunter: It overlaps too much with existing classes to be a class of it's own, and Demon Hunters are Warlock in the first place, Illidan for example. Make Demonology more focused on controlling and taming demons and give Metamorphosis to Demon Hunter spec. Make it either Leather or Mail agility spec that is a mid-range caster + melee assassin in one, something like an Enhancement Shaman )
    • Priest - Nightsong: Moon themed priest ( Priestess of the Moon from WotA ), a ranged weapon cloth wearing DPS. ( Actually, a good idea for Priest spec would be a cloth gear holy monk like the one from Diablo 3 )

I gave ranged weapons to a lot of classes, so ehm, jokes on you hunters. It's all hunter weapons after all!

My idea is to provide each class with new and fresh gameplay AND a different theme if possible.
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2015-08-05 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Gladiator Warrior: Sword and Board DPS (Already Implemented)
    Primal Hunter: Melee & Pet DPS (Rexxar)
    Ranger Rogue: Bow Ranged DPS, Stealth and Arrow Poisons
    Necromancy Warlock: Shadow and Unholy Magic, Raising Zombies and Skeletons
    Earthward Shaman: Earth Element Based Tanking (Used to be Possible)
    Time Mage: Reversing Damage Healer with Time (Chromie can do this!)
    Inquisition Priest: Spell Based Melee DPS (Similar to Ret Paladins)
    Exorcism Paladin: Ranged Spell DPS (Shockadins)
    Shadow Death Knight: Ranged Spell DPS, focus on Minions, Mounted combat (Only run speed Mount in Combat, WC3 Death Knight)
    Cranedancer Monk: Firedancing Ranged DPS (Chi-ji Spec)
    basically this

Deleted
    some fourth specs realy makes sence, for example,
    Tank spec for shaman, they had a aggro-increase for a long time.
    Chi-Ji Monk, feel bad for the little guy, he is getting left out
    Time Mage, We allready have time warp and alter time, Chromie is pretty mutch a Time Mage.
    Melee DPS hunter, Rexxar says hi.

Also the two i would be most intrested in seeing would be a Rogue with bow, poisoned arrows and stealthing, not sure how this would be lore wise.
    also ranged dps paladin. ranged plate would be fun, some other games have played around with it, making it hard hitting and hit-taking but having few gap-closers and escapes/utility.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    I remember seeing this during the end of Cata I think - the last class is supposed to be a 'Tinker' class

This shit right here is exciting and it's basically nothing...
    What is my life
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

I always liked the idea of new specs for the existing classes.

The first thing i would try to achieve is to give different roles for the existing pure DPS classes.
    Warlocks & rogues could get a tank spec.
    Mages & hunters could get a healing spec.

For everyone else...
    Priest could get a holy dps spec more focused on direct damage.
    Druids already have 4 specs, but i rather have cat & bear merged again with the apropiate talent choices and give them a new spec focused on direct damage rather than dots/bleeds.
    Monks could get a ranged dps spec.
    Shamans get a tanking spec.
    Warriors & Paladins get a shield dps spec.
    Death Knights get a healing spec.

About the theme/name behind each spec... everyone has his own ideas. What really matters is to fill up those roles.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    By variation you mean wich spec is at the top of the charts?
    By your logic everyone would be playing arcane mage or whatever is #1 DPS now. It's normal for people to gravtitate towards the best spec, but most of us still play for the flavor of the class/spec. You would never see me play an arcane mage, not even if it were 20k dps ahead of the other class/specs.

However, I still play Beast Mastery because I like how it plays, even though it sims 5k (?) below MM in BiS gear. The biggest factor is that the spec remains competitive and has its niche. As long as they can keep the specs within reasonable distance of each other, all the specs will have enough players playing them.
    Last edited by mmoc1291d8e5f6; 2015-08-05 at 12:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaeral View Post
    By your logic everyone would be playing arcane mage or whatever is #1 DPS now. It's normal for people to gravtitate towards the best spec, but most of us still play for the flavor of the class/spec. You would never see me play an arcane mage, not even if it were 20k dps ahead of the other class/specs.

However, I still play Beast Mastery because I like how it plays, even though it sims 5k (?) below
    I agree with this. It's fun to push my class to try and beat whomever is OP in fights.
    The game would be boring if I always won.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

I don't know what we should call it, but Warlock should have a tank class. Could take on the form of a pit lord to protect your allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Isn't it massively redundant for pure dps specs to have dps specs? I mean all it would end up as another spec they wouldn't play due to it simming lowest.
    I been gunning at this topic for the past 2 years. Why should pure dps need 3 specs when 2 could suffice much better, both development wise and gameplay wise.

A DK hybrid healing spec could be nice, i'd call it Nethermancer that has unique playstyle like Mistwalker.
    and need to perform DPS chores. It can spawn leeches that can burst on charges(free healing).

If I were to add 4th specs I'd just add it to classes that currently only has one role like Mages and Rogues. If they were to actually give a 4th spec to each of the 11 classes then that would be equal to implementing almost 4 classes and this would inevitably make balancing even harder.

Some ideas to give these classes a new choice in roles:

Mages - Healing with time magic. Reverse time on an ally before he was wounded. Maybe even time related support spells like Haste buffs or increase duration of allies' short buffs.
    Rogues - Evasion tanking. Dual wield tanks that rely on dodging or taking only a percentage of a large hit.
    Warlocks - Demonology tanking.
    Hunters - Melee hunter Tanking Rexxar style. Pets can be utilised as some sort of off-tanks.
    Shamans - Tank spec. Yes they have a choice in roles but in honor of vanilla shaman tanks, I want to see them as official tanks!

But to be honest, I doubt anyone will get a 4th spec, especially if we get a new class, but we'll know soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Jackkernaut View Post
    A DK hybrid healing spec could be nice, i'd call it Nethermancer that has unique playstyle like Mistwalker.
    and need to perform DPS chores. It can spawn leeches that can burst on charges(free healing).
    A healer that can only heal via damage will never work.

Not to mention Nethermancers are Mages, not Death Knights. I don't think they should get a healing spec, that almost makes less sense than Warriors getting a healing spec - give them a ranged DPS spec instead.