Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eulynn View Post
    I wonder how much of that drop is due to people replacing subs with game time purchased with gold. I know that's what I would do if I still played.
    Paying with tokens still counts as subs. They still have to paid for, after all. Paying with tokens actually earns them more money.

This is still not a big deal. The game is 10 years old and will continue to slowly decline. It just looks more dramatic compared to the spike at the beginning of WoD. Most of those in the spike were older players that were coming back to try it out at max level again and quit after a few months. This game has many more years left in it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Unbalanced PvP, and 20 man only Mythic is mainly what went wrong with WoD. Arena participation was almost at half a million last expansion and now it's barely 40k. There's also the fact that every small PvE guild is dying due to not being able to progress up to mythic because of limited rosters.
    Completely and utterly unrelated... you can't field 20 people, you don't play an MMO. And those people could't even hack mythic if they tried.

it's cyclical nothing to see here

10+ Year Old Account
    A fucking shame is what it is. They had a LOT of potential at Warlords launch. People came back that I hadn't seen since Wrath. But there was nothing to keep them there. After a few months everyone went away again. And these aren't people that just show up for each expansion launch. They were excited to be playing again and looking forward to what was ahead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does this count non-subbed but people playing via gold-token? I canceled my sub when the tokens hit the market and have been "paying" with them since then , i would assume that would at least account for a few 100ks of lost subs

In the earnings call "overwatch beta this fall" guess that confirms that at or around blizzcon we will see the beta.

Deleted
    ahahahaa

tokens saved them, the numbers are almost at end Molten Core level

Its stable guys dont worry.
    Tokens are not a big deal, they never were. Everyone who said tokens would offset and mitigate subscriber losses significantly are idiots.
    Chronomancer Club

Well. WoW is getting raped. a sad day but that ain't surprising.

im actually suprised so many people still paying and playing this

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    They'll spike back to >10M with each expansion, doubt they are too worried. This does explain the new strat of one expansion per year, no doubt.
    They should be very worried. Most of my friends list is gone and not looking back.

There is no way to spin this. This is very bad news for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    This is still not a big deal. The game is 10 years old and will continue to slowly decline. It just looks more dramatic compared to the spike at the beginning of WoD. Most of those in the spike were older players that were coming back to try it out at max level again and quit after a few months. This game has many more years left in it.
    I guess this shows that WoW alienated its previous fanbase.
    Chronomancer Club

Won't be long until they announce WoW as no longer viable to maintain.

I'll remember the TBC and WoTLK glory days, plenty of good memories.

Meh, what's done is done. No point sitting here having some big "I told you so" circlejerk when anybody could see the numbers were going to crash. Lets just hope they rebound in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if wow had 3 million subs with the other 1.5 buying tokens
    Tokens still have to be bought by existing players (at a premium of 5$ extra no less)

It's actually kind of a genius model in hindsight, you make an extra 5$ per token sold, which means you make more money for fewer players; they lost something like 30% of the playerbase, but have a portion of the playerbase paying 30% more. While not a net gain, it certainly mitigates losses.

Still funny at how some people (especially the "kids" who kept blowing Pandas and the non traditional WoW theme out of proportion in a negative light) that kept thinking MoP is the worst expansion.

As soon as some of us heard about Outlands V2, it already started to raise some eyebrows that it might not be able to bring back that much remembered TBC vibe.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2015-08-04 at 08:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Serves them right for lying to the players about flying. Their arrogance has finally caught up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by mugutu View Post
    Not even a little surprised. If I didn't already have a raid team I'd have left months ago.
    I'm only subbed for my raid team.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Classes gimped to 3 buttons, Garrisons and no balance fixing through the entire expansion.

I'm surprised it's not below 4M.
    wtf are you even talking about lol
    3 buttons and no balance fixing?
    There have been more balance hot fixes in the half year this expansion has been out then there has been since 2004.

I am surprised it not lower, but am happy its dropping. Less clueless idiots like this dude.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV