Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Streamer faked his own swatting

Not sure if this has happened before, but it looks like Trick2G (LoL Streamer) is now banned from Twitch for faking his own swatting, which was intended as a joke.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/04/t...-own-swatting/

To me, I don't see a huge problem with it other than other streamers would follow suit in order to gain more popularity or want to see chat explode. I don't watch him too much because he is rather loud, but his plays are solid. Haven't watched him in quite a while since he tends to play the same champ 99% of the time.

It's a joke, chances are someone is going to be offended. Cartoon comedies like Family Guy and South Park build upon such jokes and now it seems like Trick is getting the rap for his latest stunt. The only defense Twitch seems to have in keeping their ban is ToS violation. ATM trying to see if faking your own swatting is part of that.

Sure watching that vid, it looked rather lame. Don't believe it to be ban worthy though.

100% ok with him being banned from streaming there.

there is lines you need to stay inside while streaming on a platform like Twitch and it is good to see they enforce those lines, it was also good when they did limit how naked you are allowed to be on there service.

Remember this is a platform he uses to stream on ..... if he was to setup his own stream on his own website/server it would be fine for him to do this but it is no ok on Twitch.

Is is fun to fake a *swatting* / break in / assault / kidnapping / murder / or whatever on a livestream some might think so, i personally don't find it fun, and it seems Twitch agree.

People watch streams to watch people play games, not to see them act out stupid skits.

Honestly, I can understand it. Apparently this guy routinely walks the line with his behavior and acts out for attention on Twitch. Given that Twitch has been selectively unfriendly to non-gaming related streaming stuff, this makes sense. Especially with him pranking a "swat", which is not a joke and not something that Twitch should be supporting or allowing. That kind of stuff isn't a joke given that you know, it actually happens to people and is dangerous as hell. It's not entertainment, and I quite support Twitch dealing with that kind of poor behavior harshly so that others don't emulate it.

That was so bad. They deserved to be banned for how bad that was. Who the fuck swings at a swat man when you have a gun pointed at you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    That was so bad. They deserved to be banned for how bad that was. Who the fuck swings at a swat man when you have a gun pointed at you.
    He's the hero of 12 year old kids that "fucked your mom" each time you kill them in league. Waching his stream is cringeworthy.

they should of shot him with a fake gun and he kicks himself backwards from his chair

that would of been funny

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    He's the hero of 12 year old kids that "fucked your mom" each time you kill them in league. Waching his stream is cringeworthy.
    Eh, there's probably dozens more just like him.

Nothing of value was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    I should show him to my friend; he loves shit streamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honestly, I can understand it. Apparently this guy routinely walks the line with his behavior and acts out for attention on Twitch. Given that Twitch has been selectively unfriendly to non-gaming related streaming stuff, this makes sense. Especially with him pranking a "swat", which is not a joke and not something that Twitch should be supporting or allowing. That kind of stuff isn't a joke given that you know, it actually happens to people and is dangerous as hell. It's not entertainment, and I quite support Twitch dealing with that kind of poor behavior harshly so that others don't emulate it.
    About the non-gaming part, Twitch currently does channels based on music, art, or some startup TV shows to do with nerd talk. Gaming is the essense of Twitch but it has evolved beyond just that.

Watching just one episode of Robot Chicken, you'll see jokes on drugs, hookers, child molestation, and some gruesome murder. Very controversial shit that I am sure a good amount of people would be offended. I don't support either one of those but can still find comedy when its there.

Trick2G is well known for being the bad-mouthed shouter (like some extreme overreacting).
    Last edited by kail; 2015-08-04 at 10:41 PM.

So major LoL fan here - this streamer is Trick2G (also known as Godyr) and he's pretty popular. Aside from being known for taking a relatively simple character and elevating said character to a new level with different item builds, strategies etc., and being pretty good at it, he's also a pretty prolific and popular streamer that most of the community is familiar with, even to the point where he regular plays with pros in NA and is friends with them at the least. That being said, I certainly think that faking that sort of thing is pretty messed up, considering how that's actually happened to streamers before, not to mention innocent civilians some of whom have gotten hurt from that sort of thing.

However, please let me clarify something; this guy isn't just some "lol get rekt" type of streamer. It's only a persona. I've heard nothing but good things about this guy in real life, and how he's supposedly very shy and quiet when at conventions and what not. Not to mention, I highly doubt he'd be so close to pros and their organizations if he wasn't a respectable guy. Please, despite the shenanigans, don't think anything less of him. He's one of the good guys.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    However, please let me clarify something; this guy isn't just some "lol get rekt" type of streamer. It's only a persona. I've heard nothing but good things about this guy in real life, and how he's supposedly very shy and quiet when at conventions and what not. Not to mention, I highly doubt he'd be so close to pros and their organizations if he wasn't a respectable guy. Please, despite the shenanigans, don't think anything less of him. He's one of the good guys.
    I still prefer Athene :P

I honestly don't get why he got banned for a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I honestly don't get why he got banned for a joke.
    Maybe because it promotes real swatting.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Powns View Post
    Maybe because it promotes real swatting.
    How does it do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Swatting someone is a crime. Faking a swatting is basically faking a crime, and due to the severity of swatting itself may actually be some kind of crime. It's kind of like calling in a fake bomb threat, except instead of calling it in you're faking it on stage. Anything dealing with criminal activity in any way is grounds for a perma ban on twitch, so it seems to me like Trick got off pretty easy for a colossally stupid act.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Swatting someone is a crime. Faking a swatting is basically faking a crime, and due to the severity of swatting itself may actually be some kind of crime. It's kind of like calling in a fake bomb threat, except instead of calling it in you're faking it on stage. Anything dealing with criminal activity in any way is grounds for a perma ban on twitch, so it seems to me like Trick got off pretty easy for a colossally stupid act.
    Pretty nice breakdown. Nothing else to see here.

Deleted
    Gamers - proving that the average IQ is dropping slowly but firmly.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's already back streaming, so it was more of a slap on the wrist than anything
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes