Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should i give SPriest a try?

Hello,

I have a level 88 Shadow priest, and i am wondering if i should level him.
    I never really see any shadow priest PVE videos , or hear anything about them (apart from the thrash talk from time to time)
    Now since i dont really have a lot of time to play this game, i would like your advice if i should give it a try.
    I dont care that much about the damage, but i would like to still deal some avarge damage.

I know its hard to decide for someone els what is fun, but if you could give maby your Pros and Cons or something?

Thanks in advance
    (sorry about my English btw)

Pros

-fairly easy to play
    -great cleave on 2 to 6 targets
    -cascade
    -great execute damage
    -great damage on priority targets
    -decent mobility if there's stuff to throw SW:P, and DP on.

Cons

-poor single target damage
    -poor AoE damage on 8+ targets
    -not a Hunter or a Mage

Some more pros

Pros

-Extremely versatile
    -Excellent self healing
    -Various talent choices letting you pick a playstyle that suits you

Quote Originally Posted by lars123321 View Post
    I have a level 88 Shadow priest, and i am wondering if i should level him.
    Yes.

Pro. You'll kill whatever needs to die when it has to die. That is, you'll carry your bunch of shameless padders to victory.

Deleted
    Only cons i can think of are if you are pugging as a spriest.

You might run into raidleaders that refuse to understand that a huge chunk of our damage comes from our execute damage.
    And if your raid keeps wiping before execute damage.. well, you'll be the first one to get kicked.

but i'd say the pros already mentioned in this thread outweighs the cons by far.
    just don't pug and you'll be fine

priests are fun!
    Last edited by mmoca2f65c0cbf; 2015-08-07 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Yes.

Pro. You'll kill whatever needs to die when it has to die. That is, you'll carry your bunch of shameless padders to victory.
    So much this. Ive been in soooo many situations like that. :P Its kinda fun to link recount on that specific add, tho.

No one has mentioned this, but shadow priests in solo content are absolutely atrocious, bar none the worst dps spec in the game for soloing stuff.

As far as a raid environment they're fine and pretty fun to play

You may be doing it wrong. I have zero problems soloing stuff on my priest.

Worse than mages? But they have only leech healing at best oO

Quote Originally Posted by Joresh View Post
    No one has mentioned this, but shadow priests in solo content are absolutely atrocious, bar none the worst dps spec in the game for soloing stuff.

No they aren't. I solo MSV every week as Shadow, and when I was doing Tanaan stuff, mobs got annihilated.

Deleted
    shadow priests in solo content are absolutely atrocious, bar none the worst dps spec in the game for soloing stuff.
    yeah.. that's not true. at all.

if youre playing solo you can always have a healing offspec for faster ques. also if you pvp they are pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No they aren't. I solo MSV every week as Shadow, and when I was doing Tanaan stuff, mobs got annihilated.
    Congratulations you can solo content that wasn't even relevant 2 years ago?

Anyway, I have a 100 of every class except warrior, I honestly can't think of any class that has a worse time soloing content than shadow priest, maybe windwalker monk but that would be a stretch. If they aren't the worst than what class is worse than them? entertain me

Add to this : boring.

Congratulations you can solo content that wasn't even relevant 2 years ago?

Anyway, I have a 100 of every class except warrior, I honestly can't think of any class that has a worse time soloing content than shadow priest, maybe windwalker monk but that would be a stretch. If they aren't the worst than what class is worse than them? entertain me
    What else are you going to be soloing that would even be remotely difficult?

What are you having problems soloing as a priest? I have yet to run into anything truly difficult to solo. If you think it sucks at soloing because it can take awhile to kill something, that has zero factor on solo capability.

Deleted

We're great for soloing. For farming Tanaan my spriest is by far my fastest clearer, that's alongside my Warlock, Rogue, Paladin, Monk and Mage. Wade into a pack of enemies, SWP them up, fire off Cascade whilst nuking them down with DP. End every fight within 10 seconds and at 100% health.

What content are you suggesting we can't solo?

Deleted
    SWP 20 targets, Cascade off the the furthest target, and enjoy the bounces. If cascade doesn't kill everything happens 5% only, Roots and DP spam.

I've leveled 6 classes to 100. Shadow Priest, Mage, Warlock, Brewmaster Monk, Blood DK, Rogue, out of all of them Priest was by far the fastest and easiest spec to lvl 90-100 with, maybe cause I know what to do?

Can we solo Oondasta? I got it to about half hp before the crush stacks were too much to handle with no one to take aggro. Maybe we can kite it + fade aggro onto shadowfiend long enough to drop stacks?

Ive never tried but ill give it a go this weekend and see if i have any luck

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this spec is fun for you, do it. Even if it's "middle-of-the-pack" or even if it were the worst DPS in game, you should do it if you have fun playing it. IMHO of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.