Sub: Tier 18 and target switching

I want to try playing Sub again, but since I stopped playing it I got a 2 piece set bonus on t18, and I'm a bit confused on how it would work out for Sub.
    Getting 5 combo points when you vanish would pretty much make premeditation unusable unless you Eviscerate in the middle of vanish/subterfuge. When I played Sub I used to spam as many Ambush as I could in the Vanish+Subterfuge timer, but with this 2 piece t18 bonus, should I start putting in an Eviscerate as well? Won't that take away time/energy I could be using for more Ambush?

Another question I have is regarding something that bothered me when I used to play Sub: Target switching. Say you are on Killrog, you just vanished and put on Find Weakness on him and all of the sudden a Hulking Terror shows up. Raid Leader commands everyone to switch immediately to him, which you do. The Find Weakness you just applied on Killrog goes to waste completely.
    That's just an example. When playing Mut, Envenom is a buff on self, so you can target switch with a clear conscience and as much as you need. When playing Sub, it seemed to hurt my dps by a lot whenever I needed to switch targets. Is there a way to make the transition less painful as a Sub rogue? What if I'm on a fight where I need to constantly change in between targets that don't live for long, how should I proceed?

Deleted
    if its progress and/or the add that needs to die stays up too long because raid comp or whatever the reason is, you should keep your vanish or sd for a second and use it on the add you know is coming

if its farm ignore the RL, enjoy your find weakness and nuke the target that has it

Quote Originally Posted by Tijl View Post
    if its progress and/or the add that needs to die stays up too long because raid comp or whatever the reason is, you should keep your vanish or sd for a second and use it on the add you know is coming

if its farm ignore the RL, enjoy your find weakness and nuke the target that has it
    Yep, knowing the fights and knowing when to use your cool downs is key. Try to avoid situations like this. The good news is, when you get 4pc, Vanish is up again so quickly wasting one isn't the end of the world.

Deleted
    Are you using glyph of vanish? I find myself being able to vanish>ambush>evisc>premed>evisc>ambush>ambush every time with no problem (unless I fuck it up with energy management). Eviscerate is basically free damage since you get most of the energy back anyway.

For your second concern yeah subtlety is terrible for add switching. You have to use your own judgement on when it's better to just stick on the boss cause you trust your allies to clean up the secondary targets or when you should just "waste" some cd's for the add. Personaly I just stay on the boss and spam fan of knives to get more CP. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by buzuzuki View Post
    Are you using glyph of vanish? I find myself being able to vanish>ambush>evisc>premed>evisc>ambush>ambush every time with no problem (unless I fuck it up with energy management). Eviscerate is basically free damage since you get most of the energy back anyway.

For your second concern yeah subtlety is terrible for add switching. You have to use your own judgement on when it's better to just stick on the boss cause you trust your allies to clean up the secondary targets or when you should just "waste" some cd's for the add. Personaly I just stay on the boss and spam fan of knives to get more CP. hehe
    I am using the Glyph, and that seems like a lot to do in the short time vanish/subterfuge is up. Even if energy is not a problem, the sequence you suggested has a lot of globals...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodo View Post
    I am using the Glyph, and that seems like a lot to do in the short time vanish/subterfuge is up. Even if energy is not a problem, the sequence you suggested has a lot of globals...
    Time is more than enough for 5 globals (you have a 5 second window if im not mistaken). Energy might be the only problem but I'm pretty low on haste and I can manage to pull it off inside the raid.

Actually, you have at least 6 seconds!
    With at least, I mean that it's 3+3 guaranteed. However the second one will not start until you land an attack (given the vanish buff is still up).

Also, if you feel starved on energy when you vanish, what you want to be doing is pooling energy. Basically before you vanish, you let your energy build up so you can unleash it.

Think of energy like this. Energy is a resource. For that resource you can buy damage. When you have no buffs or debuffs up your energy is worth very little and you want to save it (do not cap though). When you have buffs/debuffs such as find weakness then you want to spend it! Same goes for combo points, but it's a bit tricker.

Last premed, don't macro premed into vanish. But rather use it separately. So you vanish -> ambush and you should be close to 10 cp since you pooled a bit before. So you evis (or rupt/snd if it's time), wait for the 10th cp and evis again. Then premed + ambush -> evis and end it all with and ambush as close to the end as you can.