Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    So far for me WoW has been the only mmo that did things right... at some point. WoW had, every part that mmo needs to have, done at least sufficiently fine. Notice that "had". It is not anymore. I totally loved this game once, but right now I have not been subscribed in a while since the game no longer offers me anything. Blizz ffs.

People just want the game to be good again. When they see blizz piss on it, they get sad and say "wow is dying", ect.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    They dont. They want Warcraft to hurt enough so that those responsible for what they feel have ruined their game are either removed or are forced to learn a lesson and do an about-face in design.

Considering they clearly forgot the lesson of cataclysm, people are leaning mire towards a biblical flood than reeducation.

This. I love the game. It's a dear friend who is, unfortunately, going down a path I feel is very bad for it. Many others feel this way too. If my friend could turn around and be that great game it used to be, I'd love that! It may take a lot more sub losses for my friend to snap out of it and come back greatness once more.

But rock bottom will happen. When it does, my friend will either die or get better. I hope it gets better.

I'm sure there are some that would cheer if WoW died, but I think for a lot of people, myself included, they see the loss of subs as a possible wake-up call to the developers. I miss the WoW I used to get so much enjoyment from. So, yes. I was happy to see the subs had dipped that much. There is no incentive to give players something better if they can give us something crappy without any adverse consequences.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It bothers me too, I really like and enjoy the game. People that spew their hate threads make me both worried and dissapointed that they can't handle whatever their issues are like an adult.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    I kind of want the subs to plummet even further so Blizzard get their shit together and actually make a good game.

Wanting WoW to die and basically shut down and wanting WoW to lose subs so the developers snap the fuck out of it are two completely different things.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Why do you want WoW/Warcraft to die?
    Sigh. A straw man argument is never a good way to start a conversation.

Very few (if anyone) is desiring to see WoW outright die. The overwhelming majority of people want to see it get better, not continue its slow decline into irrelevance.

Each WoW expansion since Wrath has objectively provided less and less content. There are a variety of other things that people, right or wrong, view as bad decisions.

The vast majority of us who have beefs with WoW want to see Blizz put in the same level of effort into WoW that they did in BC and Wrath. That isn't too much to ask and still gives Blizz a ton of profit.

i don't want it to die. i want it hurt so badly it slaps blizzard's heads out of their collective asses.

i want the game back to the way i liked it, back in wrath of the lich king. i don't like WoD, and i won't ever like anything as half-assed and shit-coated as WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Some people don't handle change well in their preferred environment and some people use to be addicted to the game but burned out because their brain no longer reacted to the dopamine like it use to and once the pleasure ends the brain compensates for some really dark shit.

That and butthurt. Mostly butthurt.
    Thank you Dr. Butthurt, but I think it's mostly the fact that they want something new that's just as good if not better than WoW's history. If they do a new expansion right, where most people will enjoy it, we will see less complaining. This has easily been the weakest expansion.

I suppose I would fit in with the group who want it to die, in a manner of speaking.

I love the spirit of MMOs but I dislike the way they're put into practice. Alot of the time what they end up like goes completely against their spirit which is, at its core, social and free. I would like to see a change in the mindset of developers of these games, to focus on creating a playground for players to do as they wish rather than saddling them down with requirements. They're so preoccupied with giving player's a reason to log in every day and play for hours - even if that reason is entirely superficial - that they just create more and more hoops for you to jump through just so you'll play and then...jump through more hoops. The focus needs to shift to a more free-form type of game rather than one that is all about increasing some arbitrary number like reputations, grinding, ilevels, etc. and if it means people don't spend ALL of their gaming time playing WoW but play other things too from time to time then so be it.

There's just too many requirements and conditions for everything you do in the game IMO.

I feel like for such a large, open game WoW lacks alot of freedom. It's very structured, quite rigid and quickly makes you feel like there's stuff you "have" to do rather than want to do, especially in endgame. There needs to be less emphasis on pushing players to do stuff and instead just give them options - something like an online sandbox, like a permanent world that you can join, group up with friends in and go do fun stuff that doesn't require you to queue or arrange the presence of 24 other people...although that too should also be an option for those who WANT to do it but a variety of paths should all be equally viable and enjoyable, not just one or two that are decided upon by Blizzard.

In a nutshell: I want change. It's an 11 year old game now, still the best MMO around but while it's improved leaps and bounds in that time I think it needs to go through an overhaul right down to the conceptual level. If that means WoW dies and is replaced by something else then so be it.
    Last edited by Aqueous; 2015-08-05 at 05:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Another worried soul.
    No, most people don't want the game to die, they just want it to be good again.. and, can you blame them?
    This is correct !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zahK View Post
    They're bait posts.
    Said the fanboi

I believe that further sub losses will benefit WoW and the player base. Its going to happen given the state of things, and its needed in order to slap Blizzard off their high pedestal and back into reality. As many have said already, its not that people want to see WoW die, its just we need a way to make Blizzard provide value for the money. Revenue loss is the only way this is going to happen. In short, they will have to earn it if they want to get paid.

the fuk are u talking about?
    we dont want wow to die, we want good wow. maybe some of the developers who are responsible for WoD's total fuk up need to die, but not game itself. unfortunately, though, wow IS dying and they dont care.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It seems to be a generational thing where someone has such a huge opinion of themselves that they actually think they can get up on an internet soap box and lead a limbo line of players out of game right behind them like the pied piper. It never actually happens but when you think you are the center of the known universe it doesn't stop them from foolishly trying.
    This is exactly what you have done in this very thread and I've seen you do time and time again. Maybe you should look in a mirror? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    No one wants WoW to die. People want sub losses because this is the only way to make Blizzard aware of the fact that they are discontent with their game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Ex-girl/boyfriend syndrome. All the love, blindness to any flaw and such while in the relationship, once that breaks, you wish the person would get the worst of it all.

Not sure why that trait is in humans, but it does seem like a rather odd one.
    Some great answers on the first page. Both of those seem accurate.

On a more personal note, I'm fucking tired of it. I logged into the game after the sub count went up on mmoc, and real-id contacts are spewing vitriol about how the game is "failing" because Blizz "broke" or "fucked up" some very specific part of the game that they hate. If their analysis seemed accurate or they offered good solutions, I'd love listening, but they never do. Their idea of the "right way to play" or "how the game should be" is tunneled on their own preferences, and their solutions usually have one upside and hundreds of downsides.

so that all the casuals leave and blizzard can cater to pvprs and mythic raiders

Its the same people who also want LFR kept in game, and no sense of character progression by not teiring out rewards. They solo a few raids for last expansions titles and achivements, refuse to do dailys or grind rep, complain there is nothing to do, get burn out that last expansions raid mounts have not yet dropped on their solo runs, then quit the game but still post on the forums for months.