Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Sounds a lot like new D3 expansion.

Blizzcon announcment maybe? One can dream.
    I'd say it's highly likely. They don't have anything else entirely new lined up. There's the Overwatch beta, Legacy has just been released/is about to be released, new info on Legion, whatever is next for Hearthstone and Heroes, but no obvious things for Diablo unless it's a new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be SERIOUSLY surprised if they didn't announce an Expac at Blizzcon. I mean... What else do they have to be the main story for Blizzcon? They've already spunked the legion announce at Gamescom, the movie might get a trailer, but that's not enough, HoTS, HS, OW and SC all either have or just got Expacs...

The way I see it, it's D3 or a new IP and we got one of them last year...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    30 million? Multiply that by $50 a pop and you are talking about 1.5 billion dollars. I did not realize they made anywhere NEAR that much cash off of D3.
    A pity only a small % of these "millions" still play the game.

Also: Vanilla D3 sold 15 million before they changed the trading in the game (and the silly easy modes by then).

So then came the consoles (5 M / or VERY mediocre result), the expansion (5 M / or very mediocre result) and now since this year they added D3 to the Chinese market (another 5 M).

So actually spread over PC's, 4 consoles (old and new), one extra expansion and a brand new Chinese market and this over way more than 3 + Years, it not so miraculous as everyone wants to boast about it.

Actually since the easy slide mode came in, the AH trading was abandoned and the consoles came in, the D3 franchise is the LEAST popular on TWITCH TV of ALL Blizzard games.... BY FAR.

This DESPITE the game having the best engine and fast action play of any of these Blizzard games...

--- I know why: a very mediocre talented designer team that replaced the old folks behind D3 (Rob Pardo and the much hated JW) with rather brainless clues how to keep people IN the game after a few weeks playing.

----tldr----

D3 had ALL the cards in hands at launch and it lost ALL staying power for the long haul.

Life is VERY short: only 3500 weeks to enjoy (on average) and believe me wasting those precious few weeks to play a game without goals apart from finishing a story once is simply a death knell.

You can't say I did not warn you all.

Good lord, will you freaking stop already?

Cant wait for either an xpac or a d4 myself. A few thousand hours in D3 has been a lot of fun for me and a lot of my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Life is VERY short: only 3500 weeks to enjoy (on average) and believe me wasting those precious few weeks to play a game without goals apart from finishing a story once is simply a death knell.

You're like a constant downer eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You're like a constant downer eh?
    Nope, I learned what's more fun to do in life than playing for a Xth level that never stops really. I went back to board thematic gaming like Labyrinth, the War on Terror or the COIN series like Vietnam (both made by an ex CIA analist) and these kinds of games are REAL adventures instead of grinding for X levels of pixels.

To everyone his own of course, but frankly when I play a game like A Distant Plain I learn more about this world and the Taliban than ANY meaningless Diablo grind to level whatever.

The best of it is that these present day boardgames can even be played solo with a counter intelligence AI. Something explains why the video game industry already shrank with 10% over the last 3 years and the board gaming industry grew with 100% per ... year.

it is called putting the adventure back into gaming I guess.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2015-08-17 at 07:43 PM.

Nope, I learned what's more fun to do in life than playing for a Xth level that never stops really.
    I guess that more fun includes sitting on message boards telling people that they're wrong about their fun.

Deleted
    If you people think its for Diablo 4... With how they are pushing content on D3 still, no. If they would do anything with the diablo universe it would be an expansion.

I would say warcraft 4 is closer than diablo 4. Even thats a while.

They might make something totally different after they scrapped Titan and made it to overwatch.

interesting news i hope şts for diablo 4

Deleted
    Need more expansiooooons!

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    If it's for Diablo 4 and not just another expansion for the turd that is Diablo 3 then it's exciting.
    How long was DIII in development?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I guess that more fun includes sitting on message boards telling people that they're wrong about their fun.
    How dare you like a game that he doesn't (even though he probably pays more attention to it and all things about it more than you), sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    How dare you like a game that he doesn't (even though he probably pays more attention to it and all things about it more than you), sir!
    Considering my current lack of anything resembling a real life, I even doubt the bracketed part.

Deleted
    with Chris Lichtner leaving Blizzard in 2014 (the previous Diablo Art Director)
    seriously? everyone left blizzard already?

But that horde fanbois Metzen and Samwise still have solid grip!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    If it's for Diablo 4 and not just another expansion for the turd that is Diablo 3 then it's exciting.
    And why is that? You know if they were to develop D4, it is still the same company which also brought us D3....so I dont see the reason for exceitement for a possible D4 when you think D3 is bad.

It's easy to pierce the looking glass, for the rest of us diehard hack'n'slashers dawn of a new D3 xpac is welcomed as long as there's no pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiveturkie View Post
    It's easy to pierce the looking glass, for the rest of us diehard hack'n'slashers dawn of a new D3 xpac is welcomed as long as there's no pandas.
    That's weird but I heard it's going to be called Diablo: Mists of Cowdairia.

You are an extremely dour person, aren't you?