Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    You cant speak for every possible situation.

A gun can help you defend yourself but its not the sole factor and I never claimed it was.
    Dude, your OP straight-up asks why you think you won't be mobbed next if you don't have a gun.

It's a dumb premise. You still will be if you're in the area and situation, except you'll probably wave a gun around, try to shoot someone, get disarmed, and get shot with your own gun. The gun will not help you defend yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    Part of carrying a firearm is knowing when to draw and when to leave it in the holster. Granted that's hindsight in this case, but I can't say this particular situation would have been made any more pretty with a firearm in the mix.
    This is the best critical response so far.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Commenters below the video keeping it classy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nobody knows more about blacks than people from a 3% black country.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    "If you don't own a gun and carry it on you at all times, mind telling me what makes you think you wont be the next target?"

The implication being: have a gun and this won't happen to you.

And don't try to tell me "that's just your interpretation" as everyone but you sees it.

It's a stupid idea that's trying to do nothing but drum up people buy guns for some weird reason. guns don't make you into a super hero, nor slow time to allow you to shoot multiple people before they close on you. Nor do they improve your perception of people.
    Training does. Situational awareness is key to protecting yourself, at all times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering all the police shootings, and the vile nonsense and stupid shit some do, I am not surprised.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Training does. Situational awareness is key to protecting yourself, at all times.
    Not everyone who gets a gun actually bothers to train with it. The gun is a non-factor.

I agree with training.. but you don't have to be carrying a gun to use it. Nor is it necessary (and still won't change things unless they get scared off by a shot from a large distance) to have one. It's a non-factor, which is why the gun-wank over it is so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Considering all the police shootings, and the vile nonsense and stupid shit some do, I am not surprised.
    I'm really asking, are you referring to the incidents where civilians shoot police or vice versa?

Your statement could be taken as both a condemnation of the attack or a justification for it.

A mob of people on an empty street at night are ...a mob of people on an empty street at night.

Walking through them is foolish.
    They wouldn't have attacked him for that. My guess is he dropped the N bomb.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Clearly it was deserved. Justice!

It's a dumb premise. You still will be if you're in the area and situation, except you'll probably wave a gun around, try to shoot someone, get disarmed, and get shot with your own gun. The gun will not help you defend yourself.
    Again you're speaking for every possible situation and I just don't see that as valid reasoning.
    MAGA

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god i don't live in america
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Again you're speaking for every possible situation and I just don't see that as valid reasoning.
    Show me a situation where someone was ambushed by multiple people, had a gun, and managed to shoot them all and escape them.

Superhero movies not allowed.

Again: bullet-time is not real. Nor is the idea that you'll have "perfect aim" and make every shot. So unless you're going to shoot them for being black and in a group from a distance.. the gun is a non-factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Hatred breeds hatred. It's no surprise that black people are focusing on white people as white people have focused on black people. Failed politics and housing them together in poor districts making them a lost generation, creates this scenario. It is similar in Europe we have lost generations also that grab to violence and criminality as their 'career' choice.
    While there is some racial issues with this as blacks are targeted more relative to their overall population. Technically there are more whites shot and killed by police in a year than there are blacks, so they aren't exactly getting singled out on this.

And a lot of their issues comes less from racism in and of itself and more that poverty in this nation is cyclic so that if your parents are poor, you are much more likely to be stuck in that situation as well which affects the middle and bottom class as a whole but hits blacks hardest because they were persecuted for a long time and never got a chance to really build themselves up due to this lack of social mobility, I honestly think this is an issue that will take several more generations at the rate America's social mobility has been dropping.

That and, as much as some dislike it, the music and lifestyles you live around or look up to does affect who you are and act and the media in general hyped a very poor one to the black community over the years, which I am glad to finally see fading away with the music I have been hearing.

As for these guys, I would hold them to the same standards of any other and have them on charges of committing a hate crime, same as if a group of whites did it to him. No selective enforcement on this crap which is actually what helped get the police in this situation in the first place.

Again, I am not saying racism isn't a problem, it very much is and has been since the beginning, just saying that this isn't 100% related just to racism and that racism isn't even the major driving factor, though it is the main rallying point.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Thank god i don't live in america
    Don't worry, Germany is probably only 30 years behind the US.

Coming to a place near you.

You're not superman because you have a gun, your dick is not as large as the gun, and you will still get the shit beaten out of you despite believing the former two.

You being general you, ofc.

Claiming that a gun will help you defend against an ambush from multiple people is a failure so hard that it should revoke license to carry until you realize what a gun actually is.
    Actually, it has happened multiple times before where a single gun as defended you from an attack where you are vastly outnumbered.

Even though there are vastly more people than you have ammo for, many won't get froggy because they don't want to be one of the ones shot trying to get you. You don't have to be capable of shooting them all, you just have to be able to make sure none of them want to run the risk of being one of the ones you shoot.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    They wouldn't have attacked him for that. My guess is he dropped the N bomb.
    Yes, I'm pretty sure something like that was said. Not that you should get beaten up for it, but I'm pretty sure that happened.

The gun debate is ridiculous. Guns are offensive weapons. They're useful in one point direction and useless everywhere else. If you're being attacked, you want a taser, or a knife, or something like that. Not that those will really help you once you're laying on the ground. The best thing to do is to kind keep quickly backing off and just deflect stuff. You'd be surprised how often (when there's a fight like this) that once one side's first attack kind of fails, everybody just stops and isn't quite sure what to do.

Show me a situation where someone was ambushed by multiple people, had a gun, and managed to shoot them all and escape them.
    I'm sorry I cant reference all violent attacks that have ever occurred to give you one that perfectly matches the situation you think I'm saying can be specifically prevented by have a gun.

From the start the point has been that having a gun can aid you in self defense, that's all.
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Actually, it has happened multiple times before where a single gun as defended you from an attack where you are vastly outnumbered.

Even though there are vastly more people than you have ammo for, many won't get froggy because they don't want to be one of the ones shot trying to get you. You don't have to be capable of shooting them all, you just have to be able to make sure none of them want to run the risk of being one of the ones you shoot.
    Are you trying to argue that a group you don't know are dangerous UNTIL they're beating you... you have time to draw and shoot without getting disarmed / your aim wrecked?

Because that's the situation here. You're getting beaten, but the gun somehow "saves" you because your "perception" is better.

If you have warning it's going to happen then yes, the gun is better. If your warning is someone beating you... the gun really doesn't make that much of a difference when there's a lot more than one.

If you don't own a gun and carry it on you at all times, mind telling me what makes you think you wont be the next target?
    not living in a shithole I suppose.