Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    neutral city, you get to choose 1 of X different areas to plant your "house" in said city. With a instance portal to enter it. Make it slightly bigger than the dalaran profession buildings, but still have the basic things you need within distance within the city itself which is open to everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lag issues were when the game was at its peak though. a lot less players now a days

Some muddy street with some tents and wodden huts.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I have experienced too much of Laggarath, and Lagaran, don't think it overall was a good idea either.
    Solid point, I just hope whatever it is, it is more appealing than what we have currently. Which isn't saying much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    neutral city, you get to choose 1 of X different areas to plant your "house" in said city. With a instance portal to enter it. Make it slightly bigger than the dalaran profession buildings, but still have the basic things you need within distance within the city itself which is open to everyone.
    Like this idea

The capital city will just be scrapped 1 month before release anyway, wouldnt worry about it at all.

I would have been fine if they had done what they said they would and give us Bladespire and Karabor. For some reason since WotLK they've had a vehement hatred for capital CITIES. Its been all capital shrines in MoP and capital...camps in WoD.

Deleted
    Lets be honest here so that MMO feel, yeah the one where you afk while waiting for que pop, yeah I see garrisons totally ruined that.

I'm not defending the game in any way, BUT do remember afk'ing in stormshield/warspear or your garrison doesn't change that sweet sweet mmo feel you talk about, you are still afk'ing because there is nothing to do but either world of menu's or world of quepop. Don't get me started on Tanaan daillies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like the camp idea of stormshield but it got ruined by the garrisons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    I think if we were all merged together in a single capital, it would benefit the game overall.
    Agreed. The social aspect of PvE Meetups, as well as healthy faction rivalry is gone from this game entirely.

I liked Shattrath and Dalaran wasn't horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Neutral city, bigger than Dalaran though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want to see something like Fizzle & Pozzik's Speedbarge from Thousand Needles, but much much bigger for an Eye of Azshara expansion. Almost like Waterworld, minus the terrible dialogue.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ashran itself will be the new shared faction hub in 7.0. that way they can say the 'fixed it' and 'everyone uses it'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibberjabber View Post
    Ashran itself will be the new shared faction hub in 7.0. that way they can say the 'fixed it' and 'everyone uses it'
    Bwahaha, nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

No doubt in my mind, they will return to original capitol cities. They do not have time nor resources to create new.

Depends on what the expansion is all about, it could be back in Northrend even and Dalaran the capitol.

What is for sure is Blizz is going to reuse as much current infrastructure as possible in order to cut costs and speed delivery. I don't have a great problem with that... if they spend all their time making actual content and bringing back everything they cut out that was so important to an MMORPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like a neutral city in today's WoW won't have the lag issues of Dal/Shat back in the day, simply based off the declining population and (allegedly) improved servers. I would hope that the true sense of community, which I feel has been lacking for the past 2-3 years on most servers, could be revitalized with a central hub that all players can be to interact or /inspect one another. Dalaran was my favorite, but anything similar to it in concept would be a nice improvement from garrisons (which has single-handedly caused me to take several breaks from the game).

I like a lot of the ideas you folks have put forth on here. Blizz, pay attention!
    "Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Jesus Christ I'm so tired of hearing idiots accuse the Garrisons of fucking up the socialness of the game.

Garrisons are NOT the underlying problem with the social aspect of this game and their removal will ultimately change nothing unless Blizzard actually does more to encourage group play they've turned this game into a single player game pretty much and it didn't start with Garrisons, it started with the Cataclysm pre-patch that basically ended up turning every group quest into a soloable quest.

Deleted
    as long as we actually get one this time i dont care what it is hehe :3

AU Dalaran

Anything can be harmful when taken to an extreme. Even moderation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I got my wish.... YAY! lol