Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Someone opened fire in a Tennessee theater

Live around the area, about 45 minutes from the theater and all the local news channels are going insane.

Here's what our CBS station has to say. Mind everything is still developing
    Officials said they responded to a showing of Mad Max, where they began to clear the theater. A total of 20 people were on the property at the time.

An officer encountered the gunman who fired at the officer. The official returned fire.

Police confirmed the suspect was deceased at the theater, and officials added they believed the imminent threat was over. The suspect was shot by SWAT Team members. His identity had not been confirmed, but tenative reports showed he was a 51-year-old local white male.

Authorities said two women, ages 53 and 17, were doused in the face with pepper spray by the suspect. Emergency crews said they were treated and released.

The suspect also heavily sprayed chemicals inside the theater. Officials responded with gas masks.

Another victim, a 58-year-old male identified only as Steven, had a wound to his shoulder, which was possibly from the hatchet. He was treated for non-life threatening injuries. Steven also gave a brief statement thanking all of those who responded and helped out, as well as asking for the public to respect his family's privacy.
    So, apparently what happened was that someone went into the Carmike Octoplex in Antioch, TN. The man was armed with an Axe, pepper spray, a gun, and potentially a bomb backpack.

He went into a theater playing Mad Max at about 1:13 and struck someone with his axe creating a superficial wound, then started spraying people in the seats with pepper spray. The first few victims ran out of the theater and got the aid of a police officer handling a crash across the street. The officer entered the theater which had been evacuated when the suspect opened fire. Officer returned fire then retreated.

About 1:50 central, he tried to sneak out the back and was confronted with swat, he raised his gun and opened fire and was promptly shot dead.

Scary stuff, especially since that's the theater my dad and step-siblings go to. Thankfully there are only four recorded injured, all superficial.

Last I heard about what's happening, they were getting ready to detonate his backpack because what they found was sketchy enough the bomb squad decided to play it safe.

The first officer's being heralded as a hero for going, him returning fire probably kept the shooter from moving on to another theater and potentially killing someone.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2015-08-05 at 09:38 PM.

At least there's a lot of....witnesses.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Glad no one whose life mattered was killed or seriously hurt. I will never understand the need to hurt other people minding their own business.

That sucks, I heard the guy was killed.

Also, inb4 anti-gun euros begin lecturing us.

Quote Originally Posted by PostGG View Post
    Can we get a link?
    Here you go

He was apparently seen at the ice rink earlier and said something that people overheard that sounded off, they're going to be backtracking his steps to make sure he didn't leave anything harmful along the way.

All we know about him, 51 year old white male with red hair.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2015-08-05 at 09:44 PM.

I've been to that theater several times. Scary stuff....

10+ Year Old Account
    Movie theaters ought to start having metal detectors or something at this point.

And security guards

I had the image of someone opening a fireplace in a theater

10+ Year Old Account
    There has to come a point where these american shootings just don't warrant making threads

10+ Year Old Account
    in before "if only more people had guns they could gunned down the shooter!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    That sucks, I heard the guy was killed.

Also, inb4 anti-gun euros begin lecturing us.
    Someday you'll learn but you are not of age yet timmy boy!

Another reason to never go to the movies again. I know this isn't very likely in my state and I find the movies to be a rip off so meh.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-08-05 at 10:03 PM.

And this is why I just stay home and pirate shit! Oh and watch stuff on Hulu/Netflix accounts...heh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Movie theaters ought to start having metal detectors or something at this point.

And security guards
    Really, I'm surprised you're not calling people in this thread "pig worshippers" and wishing the assailant hadn't killed the officer who came to assist the victims. Or did you forget the vehemence with which you profess to hate police officers?

Wait, wait - maybe it was the officer himself who started hurting people in the theatre and then he forced someone to pretend to be the assailant so he could get away with it!
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2015-08-05 at 10:06 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another attempted mass shooting in the US? Must be Wednesday.

15+ Year Old Account
    How many times will this fucking happen until something is done about it?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    White people, you need metal detectors are your movie theaters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Copy cat crime maybe?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Copy cat crime maybe?
    Then there has been a shit ton of 'copy cats' then.

Crazy people in America are more a threat to us than ISIS will ever be.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    How many times will this fucking happen until something is done about it?
    never, becasue we've reached a point to where we just shrug our shoulders when mass shootings happen. can't do anything about because otherwise we lose our freedum!