Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoD May have the least content but...

The Raiding in WoD is top notch imo despite lack of other content or the repetitive garrison/shipyard missions and mini-games. WotLK' Raiding and WoD is probably best WoW has ever seen/been at. I really enjoyed every single fight in Highmaul, especially Imperator; god what a blast that fight was. So far I am 5/13 Heroic in HFC and it's been great, the other bosses look as challenging and engaging as ever, can't wait too progress more. Blackrock Foundry was also great and reminded me a bit of Ulduar in terms of how it was structured and freedeom on where you can go and tackle whatever you want.

I have 0 complaints to WoD's raiding content, probably best since WotLK imo. Wasn't a huge fan of MoP's setting/mogu/klaxxi raids, but SoO was great (expect for the Shaman fight due to annoying trash cleaning). Cataclysm raids were okay, but Dragon Soul was absolutely abysmal and anti-climatic compared to WotLk, MoP and WoD endings.

Those are my 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone ever complained about the raids.

I don't think anyone's claimed WoD has bad raids, it's definitely one of the few things I see it constantly praised for, along with leveling.

I prefer MoP raiding personally, but WoD was pretty good too, I just feel like I don't like it as much because of the move to 20 man mythic, but eh, that's personal opinion.

My Ele Sham being a punching bag in PvP drove me away.

For those who haven't seen complaints about the raids here you go. These raids have been some of the buggiest turds not ready for release in ages. Highmaul should have been finished it is a far superior raid than BRF. Maidens and blackhand are two of the worst made bosses ever, including very old bosses. The only good fights were operator, kromog and HnF (would have been better with harder tuning).

HFC is a step up in quality but there was and still is so many bugs it is a frustrating place to raid in. Gorefiend on mythic random people dying instead of being sent down and then being unressable, Xhul just not doing mechanics, fel lord fighting outside the room, fel lord randomly spawning / not spawning pillars at will, fel lord killing people randomly for a week with invisible waves, fel lord in general with buggy waves that u soak but dont or that u dont but do, a plethora of bugs on socrethar like prisons not spawning from player cast construct and ghosts sometimes doing damage to construct and sometimes not.

The bizzare tuning of bosses after kills en masse, the complete lack of polish for the entireity of 6.2 release raid was just awful.

Balance issues, rings and the absurd power of certain set bonuses and trinkets have also tainted this tier in my mind because due to absolutely awful loot RNG (only conq tier and no trinkets at all for the first 3 weeks despite split clearing).

HFC could have been amazing, however, instead, because blizzard rushed it due to how bad this expansion has been and how bad the sub drops are, it will go down as being 'meh' in my mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    For those who haven't seen complaints about the raids here you go. These raids have been some of the buggiest turds not ready for release in ages. Highmaul should have been finished it is a far superior raid than BRF. Maidens and blackhand are two of the worst made bosses ever, including very old bosses. The only good fights were operator, kromog and HnF (would have been better with harder tuning).

HFC is a step up in quality but there was and still is so many bugs it is a frustrating place to raid in. Gorefiend on mythic random people dying instead of being sent down and then being unressable, Xhul just not doing mechanics, fel lord fighting outside the room, fel lord randomly spawning / not spawning pillars at will, fel lord killing people randomly for a week with invisible waves, fel lord in general with buggy waves that u soak but dont or that u dont but do, a plethora of bugs on socrethar like prisons not spawning from player cast construct and ghosts sometimes doing damage to construct and sometimes not.

The bizzare tuning of bosses after kills en masse, the complete lack of polish for the entireity of 6.2 release raid was just awful.

Balance issues, rings and the absurd power of certain set bonuses and trinkets have also tainted this tier in my mind because due to absolutely awful loot RNG (only conq tier and no trinkets at all for the first 3 weeks despite split clearing).

HFC could have been amazing, however, instead, because blizzard rushed it due to how bad this expansion has been and how bad the sub drops are, it will go down as being 'meh' in my mind.
    So negative dude.

You need a happy meal.

See, I know you're trolling because you praise Imperator. Imperator is one of the shittiest fights ever.

Problem is raiding is the only real way to progress nowadays; Leveling isn't even really important anymore (which imo is a big factor as to why the game feels so dull) - It needs an overhaul. Raiding is great but the game can't revolve around it.

The only two complaints that I've had about the raiding in WoD are that 1) they did an absolutely terrible job scaling most of the bosses down to 10 people, and 2) there were no small raids (like Ony/Sarth). Even the latter complaint could have easily been mitigated if the 3 early world bosses were actually relevant.

Otherwise, raiding in WoD (N/H) is some of the most fun I've ever had raiding. Many of the fights are absolutely top notch and memorable -- Tectus, Brackenspore, Twin Ogron, HnF, Furnace, Ka'graz, Maidens, Blackhand -- to name my favorites pre-HFC.

And amazingly standing tall above an already above par group of encounters, Operator Thogar became an instant classic for my raid team and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I didn't stick around for anything beyond Highmaul. Saw what they were giving us, or rather weren't giving us, and realized that the fights I was doing weren't that interesting either. They certainly weren't anything to keep me around on their own.
    Same, quit raiding just into whatever that abomination was after highmaul.
    Free to play games explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4VRbsjZrQ

The raids were put together well. I enjoyed Highmaul, didn't do BRF or HFC though. The problem I had most with the raiding in WoD was the total focus on it. Raiding is only one aspect of the game, and it shouldn't be the main focus.

Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    See, I know you're trolling because you praise Imperator. Imperator is one of the shittiest fights ever.
    Based on what? I thought Imperator was one of the best fights ever. Blackhand was shit, Archimonde amazing again.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

You think the raids are top notch compared to what exactly?
    WOTLK beats wod by 100%
    BC beats wod by 100%
    Vanilla blows its WOD by 100%
    Even cata beats WOD by 50%

Compared to what then MOP mop sucked due to its Chinese or Japanese culture influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    WOTLK beats wod by 100%
    BC beats wod by 100%

Compared to what then MOP mop sucked due to its Chinese or Japanese culture influence.
    And these % numbers are based on what exactly?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Yeah, the raids themselves are okay.

But the fact that you do em 3 times is what drives me bollocks.

Retard mode should be gone either way or at least altered. Because what we have now, well... I spit on that mode. Useless. Literally, even for the intended audience.
    Maybe that's where they are getting with it too, trying to get rid of it by making it trivial? Dunno. Tourist mode? Well yeah, then it serves it's purpose of being there... but still.

In my eyes, the fact that we have a clear path of seeing every dude 3 times at least just begs the question of who came up with this stupidity?

Get rid of them Lizard. Normal/heroic was bordering fine, flex could've actually replaced normal not been a F-in addition to this bloated crap.

And before you start biting me, bite my 9/10M in BRF Live. (this is to quell the usual, "you must be LFR-only raider or someone who wants to be spechul and have stuff easier").

Heroic is anywhere considerable as a difficulty, bloated with ilvl gating and mythic is okay. The ilvl, is the actual cause to the problem. The different modes add nothing of real value, except the attribute of flex. Rest of them shouldn't be there. Flex and mythic, that's it. Heck if they bring it back to 10/25, it'd probably be for the better.

---My opinion on the matter. Flame away!

WOTLK beats wod by 100%
    BC beats wod by 100%

This guy actaully thinks cata raids where good.

Hahahahahahaha

Personally my only concern with WOD was I couldn't do mythic (well, old heroic) on my alts unlike every expansion before.

That is something I've been doing since 10 man ICC heroic on off nights.

Raiding was boring on alts and too easy, getting a 20 man alt run is looking for a miracle.

I didn't like the raids .... 14 months of SoO, so long we farmed mounts for even guild super casuals and then started selling them, left such a bad taste that imo brf was unbearable. I liked trains boss and roly poly, but that's it. and the ogre raid sucked big time too, big orcs, boring.

actually I'm wrong a little, stamper conveyor belt twins were pretty good too .... but 3 out of however many crappy other bosses that was doesn't make a raid good. Sure it was a highlight of WoD, but highlighting a turd isn't really very bright.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    This guy actaully thinks cata raids where good.
    2 of the cata raids were really good. sinestra was probably one of the best bosses ever. cata raids overall were definitely better than WoD, despite how much of a let down DS was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    snip
    Nobody is forcing you to do to LFR. Get over yourself.