Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    So, since this thread, we now own:

One Night: Ultimate Werewolf
    Dixit
    Love Letter
    Coup
    Exploding Kittens ( arrives today from Amazon )

And what I want next is Tsuro... a tile laying game where you play as a dragon, and the idea is to not run into other dragons or get forced off the board.... right up my alley, and hoping my kids will like it, too.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    There's a board game that's like the opposite of Plague Inc, and I can't remember the name. Requires you to band together with others and discuss how to solve the issues and save the world.
    Are you thinking of Pandemic?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not TOO afraid of Victory Points I would highly suggest "Smash Up". It's a great game that I and my friends have really started to enjoy.

You basically have all of these different sets of decks with different themes and strategies (Zombies, Werewolves, Spies, etc.) and you take two of them and shuffle them together. The idea of the game is to conquer these bases with the minions in your deck while fending off enemies. Each base is worth a certain amount of victory points for the first, second, and third place person on the base when the base is finally taken over.

The real joy of the game is mixing and matching different decks to create different playstyles. I'm personally playing a lot of Spies/Aliens at the moment which is essentially a deck designed to infuriate opponents. Spies are good at making opponents discard minions while Aliens are good at throwing minions back into the enemy hand (so you can discard them!) and they also get Victory Points innately with certain minions.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...Na-nvMCwwPRQag

There's a link to a TableTop video with Smash Up. I would at least see if it might interest you, the Victory Point system is less of a "tally it up at the end" system and more of a way to indicate when a game is over.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Betrayal at House on the Hill is a blast and I feel it would fit all of your criteria.

Or Sentinels of the Multiverse. It has a few expansions and is a lot of fun as a group game. So you can expand it easily and the game play is super easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Strip Poker....wait you said play with your kids? Uno?
    Strip Uno!

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to coolstuffinc, usually 33% off MSRP.
    Suggestions (all should be $40 or below on Coolstuffinc):

Mage Knight
    Relic
    Talisman
    Temple of Elemental Evil or Wrath of Ashardalon (great Co-OP)
    Dark Moon
    Quarriors
    Ascension
    Star Realms

Edit: Almost forgot about one of my favorites:
    Elder Sign
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Well now, I am still open to suggestions.... because my daughters seem to be "hooked" on these card games or TableTop games.... We now have:

Dixit
    Love Letter
    Coup
    Exploding Kittens
    Tsuro
    King of Tokyo - given to us
    Lost Cities - the card game version
    Dice Town
    Red Dragon Inn

So, that gives you an idea of what we like..... looking for Christmas presents for my daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    Well now, I am still open to suggestions.... because my daughters seem to be "hooked" on these card games or TableTop games.... We now have:

Dixit
    Love Letter
    Coup
    Exploding Kittens
    Tsuro
    King of Tokyo - given to us
    Lost Cities - the card game version
    Dice Town
    Red Dragon Inn

So, that gives you an idea of what we like..... looking for Christmas presents for my daughters.
    Sushi Go should be a perfect fit.
    Smash Up is also great fun. Kinda like Hearthstone but for four people.
    Last edited by Echo of Soul; 2015-09-15 at 05:20 PM.

2 games that I would recommend would be 'Colt Express' ( Nice 3d game of an old west train heist with a fun movement mechanic and just won the 'Spiel De Jahres.' That's one of the highest European board game honors.

Another would be 'Rampage' or the newer renamed copies of 'Terror in Meepletown' (They had to rename it for copyright reasons.) A fun 3d dexterity based game where you build a city and wreck it with your monsters. This one is usually over $40 but can sometimes be found on sale for $40 on Amazon or Miniature Market. Enjoy!

This was my shit back in the day.