Deleted

Help me build a gaming PC

Hey Guys,

Im looking to build a gaming desktop under a restricted budget of around £600-£700. However, as I'm new to this whole building thing im coming to the pros to help me out (you guys).

if anyone can give me a breakdown on what components are best that would brilliant. Also im looking to house this in a Corsair Air 240 (mates got it spare).

the budget can be lower. let me know what you guys are currently thinking in todays market.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to build a lasting computer with that budget. You better watch around for used ones if you don't want to waste your money on parts which will not be capable of providing decent performance in the next 2-3 years.

I would aim for:
    - i5 CPU
    - decent graphics card (GTX780, GTX960 or similar)
    - 4 to 8GB RAM
    - Some sort of SSD

Try to mix and match products and see if you can achieve your desired budget.

EDIT:
    The motherboard you choose is mainly influenced on the other parts you buy. Some CPUs use specific sockets which only match to certain mainboard socket types (e.g. 1150).
    Try to not get the "gaiming motherboards", as they are quite overpriced for the performance they provide and have way too many tools you wont need.
    Just try to stick to the stuff that you really need.
    Last edited by phai; 2015-08-06 at 09:50 AM.