Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Garrisons
    Apexis
    LFR rewards is shit, well to me it is
    No end game for non raiders

It's a little uninspired for certain but it's not a real surprise. Go back 2 years and MoP is the worst expansion ever and we can't wait for it to end overran the forums. Go back 2 years before that and Cata is the worst expansion ever and we can't wait for it to end were frequent. No surprise but go back another 2 years and WotLK was the worst expansion ever and we can't wait for it to end were again about the most common forum threads.

Every expansion they make major mistakes as far as many of the player base are concerned and the failures of that particular expansion are the most common threads on forums such as this.

It doesn't invalidate some of the many criticisms that get thrown Blizzards way over their design choices but for long term users of sites such as this it does tend to make people overreact either for or against an expansion.

Because people don't know how to play when they aren't having their hand held in some daily hub. People don't know what they want and have a 'grass is greener' mentality. Take new character models, for example. It was the #1 hyped thing before WoD and people forgot about them a week after they came out.

People also need to learn to pace themselves when playing WoW. They blow through certain parts of the game and act like it's the games fault when they run out of stuff to do.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2015-08-06 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    -world is a single player ghost town.
    -pvp had no updates and the only content at all was ashran and thats just pve bar filling mob grinds for easy honour points
    -zones are half finished and broken. doomhammer shows up once to scream loot and pillage, then shows up again to tell blackhand its wrong to loot and pillage and die. masterful storytelling. truly a rollercoaster tale of a moral crisis that shook a man to his core 10/10 IGN
    -awe inspiring content updates like "patch 61.: garrison update" for selfies and twitter, 50% of the updates for the expansion
    -proffessions turned into "make 1 item per proffession once per day to make one of half a dozen items that take over a hundred of them, and only 3 crafted items equipped at a time!" REALLY.
    -most expensive product in warcraft history
    -bgs are 90% bots 10% players
    -sub increased in some regions to 40% more than competing mmos that are offering more content and more updates in the same period of time
    -story is more masturbatory orc fetish fic, only metzen had to write in a bubble pocket timeline alternate universe to fit another horde of orcs in.
    -garrisons are the entire focus of the world content and they are a single player korean mobile game where you send imaginary npcs on imaginary quests to bring back mythic raid gear, legendary quest items and tens of thousands of gold by clicking a button, waiting 8-12 hours then checking in again and getting a free prize and a flashy graphic to tell your brain to release dopamine to keep the cattle happy and sedated.

It is a bad videogame addon. It removed more fun than it added. It is the first contraction pack. The worst retail product with the Warcraft name attatched, it killed off half the sub numbers in 6 months for a reason. Being WoW and by Blizzard doesnt exscuse the most shallow, soulless product Blizzard has ever created.

Launch day Diablo 3 was a better videogame. Thats not hyperbole or exaggeration. Its just a depressing realisation.
    thats it in a nut shell. every word you wrote was perfect

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nysty View Post
    It's a little uninspired for certain but it's not a real surprise. Go back 2 years and MoP is the worst expansion ever and we can't wait for it to end overran the forums. Go back 2 years before that and Cata is the worst expansion ever and we can't wait for it to end were frequent. No surprise but go back another 2 years and WotLK was the worst expansion ever and we can't wait for it to end were again about the most common forum threads.

Every expansion they make major mistakes as far as many of the player base are concerned and the failures of that particular expansion are the most common threads on forums such as this.

It doesn't invalidate some of the many criticisms that get thrown Blizzards way over their design choices but for long term users of sites such as this it does tend to make people overreact either for or against an expansion.
    once i would have agreed with you, but now. something is very wrong with WoD. It was utterly uninspired. 20K a day were unsubscribing between 1st of December and 30th of june. thats the fastest player dump in the games history. this is something more than the usual bitching.

Nothing new here to see really, same thing happened last year with MoP and a few years before with cataclysm, just nod your head and walk away with how YOU like WoD (I personally love WoD) the whole "blah was worst expansion ever!" Topics appear each time so don't think too much about it

Some of these are just my personal opinions, but here are my thoughts on OP's question:

Removal of flying pissed off a lot of people. I know there two sides to this, but you can't dispute that it pissed off a lot of people.
    Game got boring once you hit 100 if you didn't raid.
    Ashran was a huge disappointment, considering how it was pushed as second coming of classic AV, answer to all PvP questions about WoD, etc.
    Garrisons were cool at first, but the actual implementation was poor. I don't like how they trivialized professions and kept people out of the world.
    Lots of cool stuff that was announced but got cut (Karabor/Bladespire faction cities, Farahlon, choose where to build your garrison, etc).
    "Ability pruning" was a good idea but went too far for some specs/classes (arms warrior is my first thought here).
    Time travel story with an Orc overdose, and even more of Garrosh Hellscream.
    WoD came with a bigger price tag than the other expansions, even with all of the above stuff.

I loved questing from 90-100, and I loved the fact that the Draenei finally got some time in the spotlight (even if it was just the AU Draenei), but...that was really about it. I wouldn't be playing at all right now if not for the fact that some friends of mine decided to level up some 80 twinks and do Wrath of the Lich King raids.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-08-06 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long story short. If you don't raid you are shit out of luck. Leveling and raiding is fine. Everything else is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighammerbear View Post
    thats it in a nut shell. every word you wrote was perfect

- - - Updated - - -

once i would have agreed with you, but now. something is very wrong with WoD. It was utterly uninspired. 20K a day were unsubscribing between 1st of December and 30th of june. thats the fastest player dump in the games history. this is something more than the usual bitching.
    I think you people need to stop expecting so much from a 11 year old game. It's cool to hate, that's the #1 reason people hate WoD. It has some issues, but every expansion did. People who say it's worse than Cata are seriously delusional. 90% of the things in that list you quoted are either personal opinion about WoDs features or not WoD specific problems(empty world(even though it's no more empty than other expansions), botters in BGs).
    Last edited by Dormie; 2015-08-06 at 01:01 PM.

I have enjoyed Warlords as much as I enjoy every expansion, honestly. My reason for taking a break (while my account remained active) was I've been playing for almost 9 years now and I needed to focus on some of my own work for a bit. I'm back now, though in a lighter capacity while I continue to help build the company I'm a part of.

For me, WoD was fun, and I took no flying as a challenge to get back out there and survive using my stealth (I'm a rogue) or just fight them off.

You level up, reach 100, and then realize you either need to grind Apexis dailies or the same raid on three difficulties if you want to get to any form of content that can be properly considered raiding.

Your garrison command table is your endgame otherwise.

LoL i love the no end game for non raiders comment. Every expansion is the worse then next to all the cry babies in WoW. It wasn't any worse than MoP or any better then BC. Enjoyment is PURELY opinion based, so ALL of you dumbshits trying to actually answer his question need to get bent. If its terrible stop subbing like the old saying goes. Or keep your toxic trap shut and log in and do your dailies like we have been since fucking BC was created.
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    You level up, reach 100, and then realize you either need to grind Apexis dailies or the same raid on three difficulties if you want to get to any form of content that can be properly considered raiding.
    And this is different than previous expansions because....

People secretly - without even noticing - grow up and out of the concept WOW offers.
    Despite what is always beeing said about "Vanilla" in a such romantic way.
    It was not better or worse than what we have today. It was new.

Now there are still quite a few people playing which started when WoW was released
    (i take me as an example) but it is much much more difficult to free the time to actually play this game than it was back in the days.
    And in those few hours a week not much is accomplished and everything feels like work with no end. I lost basically all my friendslist to that problem and none of those many many guys and gals play anymore.

And the newcomers - well be serious, WoW is a good game - it offers a lot --> ONCE you are deep enough in it. And do you really really think that for example my son who is 18 by now do even take into account to spend the time in a game that looks so outdated at first glance? He never would and never did. Those guys want the quick fun - maybe a shooter here or GTA there.

And if there is no way to catch the next generation for WoW - i doubt there will be much change in customers in future (other than the numbers will keep falling).

Old Fart over and out.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only good thing was the leveling and raiding then NOTHING happened.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

End game was much less populated with things to do than other expansions, Garrisons were extremely lacklustre after their announcement, a lot of people weren't happy we spent as long in SoO as we did, only then to have to fight yet another bunch of Iron horde Orcs. A lot of stuff was cut for WoD because of the staff changes on the team, this didn't feel good as we paid just as much for WoD as any other expac and we've had less, a lot less content what with 6.1 being almost nothing. We've paid for our subscriptions every month, but for WoD we paid essentially for the levelling experience, raid tiers and tanaan, that'd have been like paying for MoP and only getting content up to Throne of Thunder.

Also a minor peeve, why did they get rid of scenarios? They reused assets, were quite a bit of fun and were a great way of story telling, both the solo and 3 man versions. I think they'd have fit in extremely well, closest we got was some pretty short Garrison quests that generally involved killing a small handful of things in a phased instance kinda deal.

Zones and lvling experience were great. Rest not so much No new feature apart from garrisons which arent fun once they are build to top level. They promised a lot of things including structure architecture types in garrisons and such but nope , didnt supply anything at all. No new class/race for the fist time didnt help as well. People left very rapidly as it can be seen from sub numbers, which resulted in broken guilds. Made a domino effect, more people left. And story was it was so boring, people really fed up with orcs and horde in general. Hopefully they will make alliance plot next time for a change.

I really hope they will come up with grand ideas for next one. And hopefully it wont take long or else they will loose loads of customers till that time.
    Last edited by Darksun80; 2015-08-06 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dumathoinn View Post
    LoL i love the no end game for non raiders comment. Every expansion is the worse then next to all the cry babies in WoW. It wasn't any worse than MoP or any better then BC. Enjoyment is PURELY opinion based, so ALL of you dumbshits trying to actually answer his question need to get bent. If its terrible stop subbing like the old saying goes. Or keep your toxic trap shut and log in and do your dailies like we have been since fucking BC was created.
    You sound a little upset, dw most of us who dont like it have unsubbed but regardless its our right to discuss the game which we used to play. And yes it is worse than mop.

Because the expansion pretty much stops at the content you've already completed, OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    And this is different than previous expansions because....
    Previous expansions content wasnt completely invalidated in the first month. Dungeons were TOTALLY invalidated once LFR came out. Without a reason to run them people just didn't bother. There was no world content to speak of outside of a few apexis dailes and professions were entirely tied to garrisons. Ever wonder why you don't see people out in the world anymore? You don't even need to gather mats anymore.

Sure every expansion has its glaring problems. WoD just has WAY more things wrong with it than right. The 90-100 is great. And raiding is strong. But outside of that what is there to do exactly? Nothing. Every other expansion has had some kind of daily reason to log in be it grinding for your valor/justice or just going out and getting crafting mats. WoD lacks that entirely.