Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The long awaited return of Lacerate. We Vanilla now boys.

Deleted
    eww meele hunter really?

Maybe they'll turn into headhunters...from wc3. That wouldn't be too bad in my opinion.
    X

Its not even really open alpha. I doubt they would make surv a melee spec. I joke a lot in raids about going melee hunter spec, but in all, its not a good idea. I'm against it too. I like surv, just want to see some changes to it. If any spec should go "melee" it should be bm. A beast fighter fighting along side their pet (like Rexxar). Ive always liked the dot/range/trap idea behind surv. Would be really sad if it went into a melee spec.

Plus what was already said, it would not make sense to add a new melee class and switch a spec of a range class to melee. That's too many melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea. Survival being a melee spec helps differentiate the three Hunter specs more.

Deleted
    Seems so and I hope it happens, iof they never introduce a spear throwing like hunter class Survival is a great fit for it and makes a class actually use Spears, I know others can use it but I always identified hunters with the spears, like paladins with hammers, so I would like them to be the ones using them

I'm not sure why BM wasn't chosen to be the melee spec. It makes much more sense and better represents the major lore figure Rexxar!

Deleted
    Hope it's a tank spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one, welcome our new melee hunter overlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what I'm gathering here is Bow, Gun, and Spear for the artifact weapons for hunters?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    /cast Mongoose Bite

coming back!

The hunter weapon on the site is a bow and just says "hunter" and not spec :/

i hope in sundays panel we will get the answers :O

It'll probably be a spear/javelin and if not just take one of the other specs, you're kidding yourself if you think they're vastly different.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

The class has grown to homogenized! a melee spec would free up the other two specs to take some tidbits from current ranged survival!

Also keep this in mind, a melee hunter with focus. Would the builder still have a cast time (that doesn't sound fun for melee). Parts of the talent tree would become useless and require major overhaul.

I'm not for it, and not saying it couldn't work. Just wanted to point out some possible problems.

Deleted
    Shit. The best hunter spec ruined, smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    The hunter weapon on the site is a bow and just says "hunter" and not spec :/
    If you read the description, it says something about "becoming a master marksman." Fairly sure the new bow on the previous page is for MM hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    SV was originally the "melee" spec of Hunters back in vanilla/tbc/can'trememberifWrath, with the talent overhaul in Cata, they removed the aspect of Hunters ever going melee. They had a stat stick at that time, and it was an agi staff/polearm.
    I really wonder what they're going to do with the Spear, although I am more worried about losing Metamorphosis as Demonology (although currently not specced into it).

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If you read the description, it says something about "becoming a master marksman." Fairly sure the new bow on the previous page is for MM hunters.
    Hopefully they'll remake the specs so we can more unique specs now :/