Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffyverse View Post
    I don't think it'll be Benediction. I feel that Benediction would have at least been worthy of some sort of mention, but priests were forgotten yet again.
    Anathema and Benediction just aren't as iconic as Ashbringer or Frostmourne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    its SO not on pair with other weapons
    how can you compare benedition to doomhammer or the ashbringer
    even lvl 60 priests didnt want it past a certain patch lol
    To be fair, they added weapons we haven't even heard of. Check out the Legion page.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll probably just make up some weapons, though if anathema and benediction were our weapons I'd be cool to see them with updated models, even though deep down I'd feel like less of a special snowflake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lopus View Post
    i would prefer a feast of int :P
    made me giggle

As long as holy will get a staff instead of one-hand I'm happy(I think... depends how it looks after all :P).

I assume these weapons will be this expansion's version of legendaries? Does this mean weapon drops in raids will be very minimal if any will drop at all for people that hasn't gotten their class weapon - if this will even be possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if it was, it will look completely different than the original, especially with all the variations.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

That would be both awesome and a bummer seeing as my Priest already has Benediction/Anathema.

But now you can have a more purple shadowy version, an icy version, a green fel version, a red bleeding version, and the 'original' version in Hi-Res

Its totally different!

Deleted
    Shadow get firelands staff, or what spec gets that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Arcane mage, obviously?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffyverse View Post
    I don't think it'll be Benediction. I feel that Benediction would have at least been worthy of some sort of mention, but priests were forgotten yet again.
    Because priests aren't important to the story. Warriors didn't get mentioned either and we protect your frail asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldreno View Post
    Warriors didn't get mentioned either and we protect your frail asses.
    Warriors were explicitly mentioned though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldreno View Post
    Because priests aren't important to the story. Warriors didn't get mentioned either and we protect your frail asses.
    Protection warriors were mentioned. You get a shield and sword crafted from the scales of nelfarion and kept as an artifact by the new elk tauren.

Well if we get new versions of already existing weapons, I think maybe holy will get Benediction, shadow Anathema and disc Immaculate Recovery from The Black Temple.

No... No Benediction for all. Its not even an artifact. And it shouldnt be given to everyone. Didnt get it in Vanilla? To bad for you! Sorry

Let them make a new awsome priest staff that will blow all other weapons away!

Maybe an Immaculate Recovery like staff but with big animated angel wings on it and a glowing halo.

- - - Updated - - -

This will be the artifact for holy!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I don't think anyone should get Tarecgosa: or any rehash of existing Legendaries.

Anathema is not a legendary though, it's an iconic class specific weapon - like Rhok'Delar - which should probably be the Hunter weapon.

Frost DKs wielding shards of Frostmourne makes sense, since it's shards of a Legendary that was never player-wieldable (not an actual 'legendary' as far as players are concerned). Nobody should get Illidan's Warglaives though, for example, or Fangs of the Father - that just diminishes their significance, and most of the legendaries were never class-specific (apart from Fangs).

Actually on that note, Fangs of the Father rehashed could be the Rogue Artifact: except new fangs carved from Neltharion's teeth before he went all Deathwing-y (since Neltharion body parts are already known to feature in two other class artifacts, and previously as Fangs of the Father).

Shadow weapon needs to be either a staff or a dagger though, I really, really, really hope they don't give us a mace - I'll be supremely disappointed if so: I have felt like maces never made sense for Shadowpriests in particular. Staffs as conduits of our magical power, sure. Daggers as sacrificial weapons and gestural wands of power, sure.

Our magic requires precision, there is nothing pointed about a mace. Sharp weapons, sharp minds

Generally they dislike doing dagger legendaries because they aren't big enough to make them look really pretty and unique - so a staff is the logical choice - and nothing is more ironically Shadow-staff-y than Anathema: hence it being the obvious choice.

Plus we could do some really cool effects with Anathema. Base version would be an updated Anathema (the old model is pretty ugly by modern standards, but we never admit that outside this context).

There could be a scythe model, with half the circle shorn off - and the other half sharpened like a scythe.

There could be a model that is purely Shadow energy, no physicality to it - just a curdling conduit of the Void.

They could do stuff with the centre-hole, like make it a doorway to the Great Dark Beyond - full of stars, or even like a wormhole look to it, or a singularity.

They could make the centre hole a black sun - a great glowing Orb of Nothing.

They could make a version with a Raven perched on it.

Also: Orb of Nothing / Raven reference

Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-08-06 at 09:56 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty1985 View Post
    Protection warriors were mentioned. You get a shield and sword crafted from the scales of nelfarion and kept as an artifact by the new elk tauren.
    no thats for protection Paladins. warriors did not get mentioned.

BTW If we get this armorset, i would dig the staff too

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    More realistic scenario is you'll get some badly modelled, never heard before staff
    I'm willing to put money on this.