Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by laktris View Post
    You do realise the default Unsheathed running/idle animation with a 2h is by holding it in one hand?
    Does that even matter when they have already stated Enhancement Off-hand will contain an energy-based second weapon so dual-wielding is still functional?

I mean, let's be honest, going off trailers to decide things based on animations or how we hold things is daft. Look at the length of the shaft on that Doomhammer, did we smash it apart and stick a tree in it so we could use it?

Not to be a debbie downer but wanting 2h adds yet another feather into the "is Enhancement balanced?" cap that splits how well the spec can be tuned side by side with its other aspects (in this case the 2h part) which sounds like a terrible idea given our recent state in this expansion. If you expect that the fond memories of hitting someone and one shotting them would come back if they put 2h in, then I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that's just not going to happen with the way these things are balanced, all you'd get is a return to 4second swing timers and downtime, basically, you'd be arms warriors who hate their playstyle right now.
    Last edited by wordup; 2015-08-07 at 02:44 AM.

Deleted
    Sure putting back 2handed vs dual-wield as in a balancing perspective is bad, I can agree with that.
    But as some people have said before me(in other posts and discussions) just making it into a glyph/Ancient weapon skin(?) so that it looks like you're using a big 2h bashing around skulls with.
    That would be exactly what someone like me would want out from using a 2h, the looks, not the 4 second swingtime standing there afk'ing waiting for the next windfury proc.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would really like it back. I like the look of that; why not just have it so you can transmog the mainhand into a 2hd and if you do they blank the appearance of the off-hand weapon.

Doomhammer is a 1h mace. I don't think it will be stretched to a 2h.

I'm guessing you'll get an elemental effect in your off hand.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want blizzard to remove the ability for enhance to even wield 2 handers so this topic never reappears.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    I want blizzard to remove the ability for enhance to even wield 2 handers so this topic never reappears.
    The hate on Two handed Enhance, wat? Why?

Deleted
    You dont have to be here. Nobody is invading your home, forcing you to read something you dont enjoy. Clearly, there is a demand for 2h to return, accept it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybesomeday View Post
    You dont have to be here. Nobody is invading your home, forcing you to read something you dont enjoy. Clearly, there is a demand for 2h to return, accept it.
    I can sympahise with his opinion though. While for some, yes, it can be annoying just seeing those threads appear all the time, there's also the worry that open stuff like this splits the interests of the shaman community all the time.

I myself see dw/2h as lower priority. Both look cool and it is not all that important, gameplay-wise, so it is kinda a toss-up for me, while personally I prefer the visuals for dw.
    As someone, who hopes for some big rework of the class and enh spec specifically, I see improvements for the totem system, the addition of either a primary or secondary recource that's well thought through, and the return of actual utility and pvp viability past purge spam as more pressing issues.
    Or dmg distribution/de-bloating dmg source and ability count: We have three "meh"-ish dmg abilities with LL, SS and LB, and pretty strong Fire Nova. Both singe and multitarget-wise though, we have so many extra abilities that feel so f*cking weak...Shocks feel depressing to use, really (not mentioning totems).

With all the problems plaqueing shamans in general, getting 2h is kinda unimportant in comparison, imo, as it doesn't solve our problems at hand.
    As such, if blizz put the final nail in there for shamans not even being able to weild 2h anymore, even the most persistent advocates of 2h would probably give up, and put their energy into fighting for more pressing changes.

just my 2 cents

And I personally hate the idea of artifacts weapons. Everyone's gonna have them, so it'll cheapen what legendaries stood for, similar to wod/mop stuff, but worse, with a weapon. Everyone's gonna modify those artifacts, spitting on the ~legendary~ feel as well. A legendary isn't supposed to look anyway other than what you'd expect it to. An ashbringer consisting only of fire? That's no ashbringer to me.
    If it's not transmoggable, it'd be even worse. Even if it's moggable, as others mentioned, being forced out of fists would suck, and lastly, while I like both 2h and dw, I dislike weapon/magic weilding like that. Suddenly taking a step to being unable to dw so that you can cast with your offhand, where you would be perfectly able to do so prior, feels like a downgrade.
    Last edited by mmoc593e7db3da; 2015-08-07 at 10:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley1 View Post
    I can sympahise with his opinion though. While for some, yes, it can be annoying just seeing those threads appear all the time, there's also the worry that open stuff like this splits the interests of the shaman community all the time.

I myself see dw/2h as lower priority. Both look cool and it is not all that important, gameplay-wise, so it is kinda a toss-up for me, while personally I prefer the visuals for dw.
    As someone, who hopes for some big rework of the class and enh spec specifically, I see improvements for the totem system, the addition of either a primary or secondary recource that's well thought through, and the return of actual utility and pvp viability past purge spam as more pressing issues.
    Or dmg distribution/de-bloating dmg source and ability count: We have three "meh"-ish dmg abilities with LL, SS and LB, and pretty strong Fire Nova. Both singe and multitarget-wise though, we have so many extra abilities that feel so f*cking weak...Shocks feel depressing to use, really (not mentioning totems).

With all the problems plaqueing shamans in general, getting 2h is kinda unimportant in comparison, imo, as it doesn't solve our problems at hand.
    As such, if blizz put the final nail in there for shamans not even being able to weild 2h anymore, even the most persistent advocates of 2h would probably give up, and put their energy into fighting for more pressing changes.

just my 2 cents

And I personally hate the idea of artifacts weapons. Everyone's gonna have them, so it'll cheapen what legendaries stood for, similar to wod/mop stuff, but worse, with a weapon. Everyone's gonna modify those artifacts, spitting on the ~legendary~ feel as well. A legendary isn't supposed to look anyway other than what you'd expect it to. An ashbringer consisting only of fire? That's no ashbringer to me.
    If it's not transmoggable, it'd be even worse. Even if it's moggable, as others mentioned, being forced out of fists would suck, and lastly, while I like both 2h and dw, I dislike weapon/magic weilding like that. Suddenly taking a step to being unable to dw so that you can cast with your offhand, where you would be perfectly able to do so prior, feels like a downgrade.
    Listen, everybody can express their opinion. There is enough space for everyone. If you think there is many threads on this topic, its up to moderators to merge them. WoW is just a game. We wanna have fun playing them, right? Just because I think my ideas are better, I am not gonna try to silent other's people ideas. That would be a selfish thing to do. You think that getting 2h is unimportant, because it doesnt solve something else you dont like? Well, go make your own thread. Voice your opinion on the current state of shaman class. People have different priorities. Let people play the game the way they like. You are not the God to decide what should get fix first. It's in Blizzard's power to please almost everyone.

Trusay, just remove it and be done with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I want my shitty 2-handed pvp fun back from 2006 when I finally started up my shaman again after raiding on my rogue. Used Gorehowl/PVP axe/mace for the first half of TBC too! Never understood why people don't like choices for enhance yet other classes get to have/keep them.

New class changes bring a bit of hope!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Nope, I want my shitty 2-handed pvp fun back from 2006 when I finally started up my shaman again after raiding on my rogue. Used Gorehowl/PVP axe/mace for the first half of TBC too! Never understood why people don't like choices for enhance yet other classes get to have/keep them.

New class changes bring a bit of hope!
    Because classes who have that choice have been plagued with balance issues tied to them, I absolutely don't want to be in the same camp. Choice does not equal viability, if they added it, the next thing would be "why isn't 2h as good as X?!" (and don't tell me that's not where it would go, you know it would) and then there'd be a direct divide in the middle of people talking about different aspects of the class that need fixes, we'd get even less attention than we do now, and it would spiral.

Be advise, nothing in the trailer will be in the actual finish product. Remember that fliating rock spell in warlord trailer? A whole expansion pass and still no sight of that animation.

after saw that they are making surv hunters melee i started hope that ench shamans became tanks (cast Shield Wall for incoming flame)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    after saw that they are making surv hunters melee i started hope that ench shamans became tanks (cast Shield Wall for incoming flame)
    I dont see them adding 2 new tank classes. Dh is the new tank now.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I dont see them adding 2 new tank classes. Dh is the new tank now.
    well. they not adding shaman just changing existing things. We still don't know anything about class changes (only words about surv hunters and demo locks)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Because classes who have that choice have been plagued with balance issues tied to them, I absolutely don't want to be in the same camp. Choice does not equal viability, if they added it, the next thing would be "why isn't 2h as good as X?!" (and don't tell me that's not where it would go, you know it would) and then there'd be a direct divide in the middle of people talking about different aspects of the class that need fixes, we'd get even less attention than we do now, and it would spiral.
    I don't care about balance, I just want fun and visual eye candy of a shaman beating the shit out of things with a 2-hander. At this point in the games life, I could care less if DPS specs are viable or not. Also, not my main game anymore, so meh. Hope they change it still.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    2handed was removed because of the silly random burst it had in pvp. With pvp and pve balance separated in Legion, why not just add it back for the fans as a damn pve talent or minor glyph.

You all cry about small numbers and ability clutter. Yet a 2hander as option would be the easiest logical solution. Instead of rerolling or begging them to merge all our damage sources into stormstrike and lavalash.

Get over your 2handed hate. It's getting even more annoying than the people asking for it.

Hate them for removing Stormblast instead.