Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Artifact Weapons: The Only Weapons for Legion?

Watching the reveal, I can't help but feel that these will be the only weapons we use during the expansion. We get them so early, and they will be growing with us along our journey.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are I am ok with it.

Deleted
    concerned over how this impacts alts and new characters.....is it just another grind.

It also sounds like it could be "compulsory" and be another way to segregate players, and also the level up method sounds awfully like the talent trees they got rid of with "straight dmg" increases as some stages.....

Have to see how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    concerned over how this impacts alts and new characters.....is it just another grind.

It also sounds like it could be "compulsory" and be another way to segregate players, and also the level up method sounds awfully like the talent trees they got rid of with "straight dmg" increases as some stages.....

Have to see how it goes.
    Indeed...

If it is both mandatory AND a grind, it would be rather silly that all of your alts can never obtain anything better unless you grind on them just as much as your main. Hopefully it is addressed in the days to come/at Blizzcon.

They did mention obtaining artifact levels or whatever... If they are account wide, they would be a start.

7+ Year Old Account
    I kind of got that impression as well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope not. If they are I hope we can transmog them. I like using Maces on my pally, a sword just feels wrong.

I really like the idea of this. Gives you a more intimate relationship with the weapon you're going to be using to kill shit for a year. Much better system than replacing your weapon every other level with quest reward greens.
    ( ; , , ; )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    I really hope not. If they are I hope we can transmog them. I like using Maces on my pally, a sword just feels wrong.
    how can it actually feel wrong to carry ashbringer the weapon that it forged by light's itself

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
    Watching the reveal, I can't help but feel that these will be the only weapons we use during the expansion. We get them so early, and they will be growing with us along our journey.
    I'm fine with it. I mean I hope these weapons are the last ones we equip, and that from now on we treat our weapons as a part of the Character development, I'd totally find that to be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    And waiting for your weapon to drop out of a raid isn't a grind?
    Getting HP to buy a pvp weapon isn't a grind?

Every wep is a grind. It's no different.

I think it will be great, the hype is real! WTB beta

Hope this is like FFXIV relic weapons, they need to be hard to get upgraded

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they are just cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Not to mention, I'm thinking we only get it for one spec and it's supposed to be for your main spec, allowing off-spec weapons to still be useful.

I mean, I could be wrong about that, but that's the vibe I get from it.
    They said there will be a weapon for each spec

Quote Originally Posted by Speedblast View Post
    Hope this is like FFXIV relic weapons, they need to be hard to get upgraded
    Relic weapons weren't hard to upgrade, just very grindy.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    You're probably only person in the world who would actually want to transmog Ashbringer. No, it ain't happening.

I hope it's going to work like the ring in this expansion, like you start with a normal weapon and eventually it'll become a Legendary. That'd be so cool.

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Vightnic View Post
    I really like the idea of this. Gives you a more intimate relationship with the weapon you're going to be using to kill shit for a year. Much better system than replacing your weapon every other level with quest reward greens.
    Which is their exact reasoning. I love the idea. Ashbringer?! yes please!! These weapons are iconic. Wonder if this is replacing the legendary system? These weapons (for most classes) carry so much lore, and were passed down and fought for.. I love the idea of being "attached" to them. On topic though I understand the concern for being "tied" to a weapon. I would imagine there will still be weapons in raid, dungeons, etc. There has to be. Alts.. offspecs... they will all still need outside weapons. So many unanswered questions!! Can't wait!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You're probably only person in the world who would actually want to transmog Ashbringer. No, it ain't happening.
    Actually, no. In fact, back when Holy Avenger changed your weapon into Ashbringer, I really wanted a glyph to remove that effect. Ashbringer looks horrible.

...Of course, the new lightning and fire variants look pretty darn cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    Which is their exact reasoning. I love the idea. Ashbringer?! yes please!! These weapons are iconic. Wonder if this is replacing the legendary system? These weapons (for most classes) carry so much lore, and were passed down and fought for.. I love the idea of being "attached" to them. On topic though I understand the concern for being "tied" to a weapon. I would imagine there will still be weapons in raid, dungeons, etc. There has to be. Alts.. offspecs... they will all still need outside weapons. So many unanswered questions!! Can't wait!!
    The only issue i can see, is that you are wielding hugely powerful weapons like Ashbringer etc, what happens to them when the next expansion comes out? And the random green from a trash mob is better than the weapon wielded by one of the most powerful paladins.