Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vightnic View Post
    I really like the idea of this. Gives you a more intimate relationship with the weapon you're going to be using to kill shit for a year. Much better system than replacing your weapon every other level with quest reward greens.
    Agreed. Should be implemented long ago. Got a gun with on-hit fire damage? Artifact it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Am thinking that they might be our only weapon threw out the game ,BUT threw questing/raidning/dungeons we are able to get skins for them?
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling this will be the legendary of this expansion, like the cloak in MoP, and the ring in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    I have a feeling this will be the legendary of this expansion, like the cloak in MoP, and the ring in WoD.
    What I thought at first. Really not sure.. Look like, so far, that it would be a better system than current one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedblast View Post
    Hope this is like FFXIV relic weapons, they need to be hard to get upgraded
    Upgrading Relics aren't hard so much as time-consuming, but because it encourages grouping up in FATES and dungeons, I'm all for a similar system that gives solo and small-group players something to keep working on at level 100. I won't rest until my paladin has the Purified Ashbringer!
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I'm wondering what happens when I switch specs. Will the upgrades transfer over when I change spec weapons? Currently the ring doesn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Yey.. welfare legendarys for everyone...hopefully you need to clear the last boss in mythic for it to be legendary, or a VERY long quest chain which requires some 'mats' from mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Yes, there is a weapon for each spec, but can you GET all the weapons for every spec? Or can you only get one, hence the "You should get it for your main spec" thing.
    I can't imagine they would restrict players in such a way. It would totally defeat the point of respeccing. We're not even close to beta, so let's hope this isn't lost on blizzard and they are mulling over the details of how such a system would work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elajtenzors View Post
    Yey.. welfare legendarys for everyone...hopefully you need to clear the last boss in mythic for it to be legendary, or a VERY long quest chain which requires some 'mats' from mythic.
    Crazy thought--with this giving casual players a powerful and awesome thing to pursue, they COULD go back to putting legendaries only in organized raiding, be it something you put together like Thunderfury or Val'anyr, or a drop like the Warglaives, or a multi-raid quest chain like the cloak and ring.

Really interested into how this works out:

- Do I have to get them? Is it like a compulsory legendary quest?
    - Can they be transmogged?
    - Will epic weapons still drop from raids?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    Really interested into how this works out:

- Do I have to get them? Is it like a compulsory legendary quest?
    - Can they be transmogged?
    - Will epic weapons still drop from raids?
    I get a strong feeling weapons will still exist as quest, dungeon, raid, and BG rewards for offspec and to use while upgrading your Artifact until it's back up to snuff for your gear level.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it is, I want it moggable.

I don't want Random Staff 27 to be my weapon for 2 years.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I don't think they'll be the only weapons. It will make bringing alts to raid really hard. I guess there will still be weapons drops but in the end, yes, artifacts will be the strongest.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want them to be cosmetic only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    I really hope not. If they are I hope we can transmog them. I like using Maces on my pally, a sword just feels wrong.
    This, and Imho using the same weapon all out would just be boring for me.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

I don't want to wield any filthy orc weapon.

"Doomhammer"?

*spits*
    "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - B. Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You're probably only person in the world who would actually want to transmog Ashbringer. No, it ain't happening.
    I can say right now Im going to get that upgraded base version and use it until they turn off the WoW servers if I can.

Though, I hope they aren't the only weapons as I do sometimes love going with a "Blood Knight" look for my paladin and it is always nice getting new weapons for each different look.

As long as its moggable, yes I love the idea. Which btw I think is quite likely since they are revamping the transmog system and iirc you get the new weapon the instant you hit Broken Isles.

Its quite the nice change of pace and imo feels a lot more RPG-like.

I do really want to see how they are handled though in regards to alts and your other specs. But the idea in itself imo = great.

I also really like how you unlock different skins through doing different goals. I think a great idea of some bonus for those who want a long term project to work towards or as some reward for high end pvp/raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

My guess is that the weapon talents serve roughly the same purpose as leveling perks in WoD. As for whether we'll never see a useful weapon drop again... who knows? Maybe the artifact weapon is a thing that you can either use or keep in your bank and "imbue" your current weapon with. Although that seems overly complicated.

Did you guys rode the Ashbringer talent in the leaked image?

"When you use Templar's Verdict or Divine Storm, Ashbringer will mimic action after 2 sec."

The Ashbringer will mimic the move after 2 secs? Looks like that it will be a secondary weapon... or maybe a floating one, idk