Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Protection warrior artifact prediction thread!

Just like Tifan's thread,

Any ideas as to what Prot warriors would be getting their hands on and would we get a weapon AND shield or just shield?
    edit: Ion said there would be both in the presentation

Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker Sulfuras?!

We're getting an Ancient Vrykul kings sword and shield made of scales from Deathwing i think they said in the presentation.

You can rewind the stream at the blizzgc.com site, found the exact quote at about 59:50.

"If you're a Protection Warrior, you'll follow up on the legends of an ancient Vrykul king, who was buried with a sword and shield forged from the scales of the dragon Neltharion, who later went on to become Deathwing."
    Last edited by Runeitude; 2015-08-06 at 06:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Ancient Vrykul kings sword and shield was for Protection warriors, I expect a new lore item for Protection paladins.

I just have two concerns with the whole "artifact weapon system".

- It's gonna look stupid if everyone has the same 6 weapon models from level 101 to the next expansion.
    - What is gonna happen to standard weapon drops?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeitude View Post
    We're getting an Ancient Vrykul kings sword and shield made of scales from Deathwing i think they said in the presentation.
    Thanks!

Clearly i fell asleep during the presentation, thank god i didn't get hyped for the new expansion

Deleted
    Sword and shield made from the scales of neltharion being used by an ancient vrykul king souns absolutely epic.

Red Sword of Courage?

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm gonna hve to see how this will turn out.
    abit skeptical about this whole .. system i guess
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    I'm only going back to protection warrior if they revamp gladiator spec to not give carpal tunnel, and to be able to join pugs and be allowed to need on gear without causing raid leaders to tell me to fuck off with needing on the holy tank's gear.

10+ Year Old Account

You can rewind the stream at the blizzgc.com site, found the exact quote at about 59:50.

"If you're a Protection Warrior, you'll follow up on the legends of an ancient Vrykul king, who was buried with a sword and shield forged from the scales of the dragon Neltharion, who later went on to become Deathwing."
    Indeed, inb4 Red Sword of Curage
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

My biggest fear is they make the sword/shield look like shit and I'm fucking stuck with that shit for an entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by tommos View Post
    My biggest fear is they make the sword/shield look like shit and I'm fucking stuck with that shit for an entire expansion.
    There are model variations, surely you can find one you can tolerate.

Otherwise there's always transmog. It would be completely irrational to not allow transmogging weapons as people being unhappy all looking the same is an easily foreseeable complaint.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account

^This.

If only OP paid attention during the stream...

- - - Updated - - -

Implying Transmorg doesn't exist?...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    There are model variations, surely you can find one you can tolerate.

Otherwise there's always transmog. It would be completely irrational to not allow transmogging weapons as people being unhappy all looking the same is an easily foreseeable complaint.
    Theres also mention of the xmog revamp on the official legion site

Yea, I'm not sure they are gonna allow us to transmog what are essentially legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I'm not sure they are gonna allow us to transmog what are essentially legendaries.
    maybe legendaries can only get mogged by .. legendaries (A)
    One can only hope :P
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted

I believe this is our sword and shield boys! nothing confirmed but considiring its sitting there with the rest of the artifact weapons and had that ancient vrykul look with a tint of of the dragon neltharion this is it and it looks actuely decent.

^ that is ugly as F.

God I wish it was Thunderfury

That looks like a gladiator's sword, with the rounded pommel. Straight out of the Gladiator Movie. The shield makes me want to vomit though.

UNLESS

The shield de-equips on the back, and the sword sits in it, like a scabbard, handle out the top in the middle. Because the top of that shield for some reason feels like it could hold the sword. I doubt it tho. /sigh
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

That looks like it would go well with my Golden King armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariakan View Post
    That looks like it would go well with my Golden King armor.
    You don't have any purple on the mog set. I disagree.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.