Poll: what do you think?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I doubt they'll have the balls to keep the elf restrictions. But I'm very glad they didn't throw this class out there to get mangled, and are sticking true to kit. That's super rare to see.

Death knights should probably have been like, human, dwarf, undead, orc. Dwarf is quite the stretch, but it's the only alliance race that really should have been added like that. Gnomes are silly, night elves shouldn't even be cannon as they have their own spirtuality all fixed up with wisps, goat-elves are supposed to be too pure... worgen and goblin are the greatest errors, however.

I get why though- there are people who only play one race, or like one race, and having the DKs restricted would reduce their popularity some. Demon Hunter has the same logic, but boy, I just do not care. So happy to see night elves rocking like they should. So happy to see the blood elves there, with their elven heritage mattering, instead of it just becoming "roll troll pve" or whatever. Such a good announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairb4 View Post
    The first Death Knights were Orcs, so not sure why you think they would be restricted to Humans and Undead.
    They were orcs in human bodies though, so in-game they would appear as humans. Just look at Teron Gorefiend in BT.

Personally I think the Demon Hunter classes make sense, I do think DK's should only be available to humans, forsaken, and orcs, since Orcs were pretty much the first death knights. Still looks really bizarre seeing a gnome death knight, or a tauren death knight, or a night elf one, for example.

DEmon hunters it makes since FOR BLOOD ELF AND NIGHT ELF ONLY!

THESE ARE THE DEMON HUNTERS ILLIDAN TRAINED WHILE BE ATTACKED AT BLACK TEMPLE

we literally are starting our characters at BT during THE BURNING CRUSADE *and there was only NE and BE DH*

Maybe they'll just be NELF/BELF to start and open more options later

If they do more race/class combinations for the existing races it could curb the DH influx

The starting area will be just as nightmarish as the DK one though, I'm sure.

Death knight should have been available to only the following races:
    Alliance: human, gnome, dwarf
    Horde: orc, blood elf, undead

These were the races most connected to the Scourge and Arthas in the context of the WC3 story.

It was always weird seeing tauren, night elves, trolls, and draenei as death knights. Even worgen and goblin death knights didn't seem right.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know for sure if DH will be two races only. It's just being assumed. Same with DKs: I remember assuming it would just be Humans, Forsaken and Orcs. They even added Lore in Cataclysm to make DK Worgen and DK Goblins work so...yeah.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    We don't know for sure if DH will be two races only. It's just being assumed. Same with DKs: I remember assuming it would just be Humans, Forsaken and Orcs. They even added Lore in Cataclysm to make DK Worgen and DK Goblins work so...yeah.
    we can only hope

Quote Originally Posted by XorMalice View Post
    I doubt they'll have the balls to keep the elf restrictions.

There's no way at this point in development they'll add metamorphosis forms for other races, along with all of the customization options..... And include a reason for them to be at the DH starting zone.... As of right now it's going to cater specifically to the Illidari, and all of the followers of Illidan were elves. Unlike the Lich King, who jused used whatever corpses he could get his hands on. Realistically there could have been Ogre, Naga, and any other race of Death Knights that had powerful fighters which came into contact with the scourge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/demon-hunter They're confirmed only to be elves.

And they didn't add lore for Worgen and Goblin Death Knights, Arthas just used whatever fighter corpses he came into contact with and realistically Arugal's worgen in Tirisfal and Goblin mercenaries, along with Naga, Vrykul, Ogre, and all other sorts of beings could have been raised as Death Knights. The Illidari, however, were strictly elves. No worgen joined Illidan in Outland, but plenty were there when Arthas attacked Lordaeron, and that's all it takes to become a Death Knight.

Pandaren were nowhere to be found, by Arthas nor by Illidan. Adding either of those class options would require some new lore.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2015-08-06 at 11:44 PM.