10+ Year Old Account

Question What about Illidan

Hi there.
    So I might have not caught something form all these events. I know Gul'dan resurrects Illidan. But after there is nothing said about him (or was it?). I was just wondering for WHAT did he resurrect him? If they are intending to make Illidan a Villain then why did they gave US Demon Hunters! If he is on our side then why was he brought back anyway?

So I assume also Maiev will be against us (sadly ) as on description it says that she imprisoned all the Illidari after Black Temple events! What do you think will happen?

Does killing all the new Night Elves and their guards and probably Gul'dan to get the relic means that we are freeing Illidan?
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

More details on Sunday I imagine.
    You just lost The Game

I am a huge illidan fan, hes my favorite character under the blizzard umbrella. But if they make him a big bad again ima be pissed. Illidan isnt bad he wants to stop the burning legion.

I think Gul'dan is using him as a source of power similar to how Gul'dan and Cho'gal were used in WoD.

I hope we free illidan Near the end of the Xpac and he guides us into the next Xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I am a huge illidan fan.

We are enemies till the end of days. Maiev was just against him and she deserves to return back to good guys

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I think Gul'dan is using him as a source of power similar to how Gul'dan and Cho'gal were used in WoD.
    I didn't even think of that. It would make a lot of sense and be generally kind of funny if that happened in a "Throw me in a battery slot, will you. I'll show you how to power a portal, you stupid son of an Ogron." kind of way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    We are enemies till the end of days. Maiev was just against him and she deserves to return back to good guys
    "Hey Bob's the only guy here who's trying to stop the flood water from getting in our house!"
    "I don't care, tell him to go somewhere else."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I didn't even think of that. It would make a lot of sense and be generally kind of funny if that happened in a "Throw me in a battery slot, will you. I'll show you how to power a portal, you stupid son of an Ogron." kind of way.
    Or maybe he's the only one capable of closing such a portal, ala Frozen Throne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Well it makes sense. But do you think Illidan will be Gul'dan's puppet ? He was always too arrogant to serve someone or be another mortals puppet. But could work out that way also.

"Hey Bob's the only guy here who's trying to stop the flood water from getting in our house!"
    "I don't care, tell him to go somewhere else."
    I laughed at that so hard! Sorry, just Im real big fan of Maiev! My fav character in warcraft universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to tell who's side Illidan is on at the moment. He has flopped back and forth many, many times.

However, given the events of what happened in WoW (Burning Crusader) I am going with he is most then likely going to be the villain. Illidan, when we went and killed him in BC, wasn't even evil. At this point in time he was just hiding in Outland trying to remain out of the attention of the Legion. He swore an oath to kill Arthas (which he failed twice) and as such just hid himself in Outland to remain undetected by the Legion. The Alliance or Night Elves weren't hunting him anymore as there last encounter was him saving Tyrande and bringing her back to safety. So, we could say Illidan was sided with the Legion, because he was trying to fulfill their task of having him kill Arthas, however after failing twice they weren't impressed. Insert Burning Crusade, where the Legion (lets be clear here, the Legion not Illidan start attacking us) start attacking us via the Dark Portal. We go through the portal and eventually kill Illidan.

Now fast forward ten years, Illidan is probably pissed that we went and killed him and put him in that prison again. Gul'dan shows up freeing him and offers the Legions forgiveness provided he serve them, Illidan is now the villain.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

I think Illidan is going to go the same route as Mograine did with the Deathknights personally, I think he'll join us. I can't see Blizzard killing him off twice.... just not entirely sure what would prompt him to 'like' us all of a sudden if so.

But do you think Illidan will be Gul'dan's puppet ? He was always too arrogant to serve someone
    But not arrogant enough to not serve Kil'jaedan.

Illidan wont be a willing puppet, he wants to fight the legion not help them. Gul'dan will be controlling him until we beat Gul'dan in the raid is what im hoping for.

Illidan will flip-flop like he always does.

What about his sanity? He went insane after Arthas defeated him. Did death make him sane again? Or is he still talking to skulls?

Deleted
    Well, they did say at Blizzcon (don't remember what year) that they wanted a redemption story for Illidan. So he will most likely end up being allied with us or something at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arpin View Post
    But not arrogant enough to not serve Kil'jaedan.
    Well there is a bit difference between Gul'dan and Kil'jaedan who chased him in two different worlds threatening to kill him!

Deleted
    Crap I do not get this.
    As far as I know we killed Illidan in TBC. So how this happend that Guldan find him somewhere in some egg or what was it ?
    And BTW as far as I read and saw the video Archimonde send Guldan to twisting nether. So how it was possible that he was well alive and not in twisting nether but on some planet or somewhere ? Am I the only one who thinks the really screwed the lore hard this time ?

answer is simple, people demand him, they got it, like all other things this expansion consist of

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smejusak View Post
    Crap I do not get this.
    As far as I know we killed Illidan in TBC. So how this happend that Guldan find him somewhere in some egg or what was it ?
    And BTW as far as I read and saw the video Archimonde send Guldan to twisting nether. So how it was possible that he was well alive and not in twisting nether but on some planet or somewhere ? Am I the only one who thinks the really screwed the lore hard this time ?
    Uhm. If look in Legion website blizzard made. It is said that after we kill Illidan in BT, Maiev drags him in Wardens Vault to trap his soul and make sure his soul will suffer eternally.

And after we defeated Archimonde he sent Gul'dan somewhere we dont know where. They never said it was Twisting Nether. He is one of most powerful Demons ever lived so I believe it wouldnt be too much for him to sent guldan somewhere in different time different dimension.