Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legion Dungeon "reason to do them for the entire expansion" meaning?

"Dungeons are essential to the MMO experience and there should be more of them with reason to do them for the entire expansion."

I heard him say this but I didn't catch him go into details about this. Did I miss this or did he not go into details.

They didn't go into details on that. It might come up during Sunday's QA but we might not hear more until blizzcon.

Deleted
    The easy fix would be have them give Artifact Power up to a weekly cap, using AP as a replacement Valor (if that doesn't come back).

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    The easy fix would be have them give Artifact Power up to a weekly cap, using AP as a replacement Valor (if that doesn't come back).
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Dungeons being a repeatable and easy way to get it sounds fine with me.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Using the TBC model for dungeons and raids sounds like the way to go to me.. in terms of making content have some longevity for the entire expansion.

Seriously. Blizz had it virtually perfect in late TBC. All content in the expansion was still relevant.. Just the older content was nerfed and made easier for casuals to get through over time. Even Tier5 was nerfed over time.

There's several things that make heroics and early raids become obsolete. First is having free "catch-up" gear whenever a new patch launches. Same with having free LFR gear that's better than heroic/challenge mode dungeon gear. Also having too many tiers of the exact same raid (different difficulties) hurts the longevity of the early endgame BADLY.

This is a flaw that Blizzard introduced in late wotlk and slowly grew the last few expansions. The first week LFR came out in WoD rendered heroic dungeons pretty much useless.. same thing for challenge modes.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, he didn't go into details. There are 9 Dungeons (8 completely new, 1 revamped Violet hold but from the way he talked about it Violet Hold will be only same in name) and I got the very heavy impression that more dungeons coming in patches again. They mentioned that doing things such as running Dungeons will contribute to your artifacts power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

Valor Cap boys!

Could also simply reward catchup gear every time new content is released so dungeons are always the gear step into current raid, equal ilevel to LFR. That would get people in dungeons in droves.

The artifact power reward seems most reasonable.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Forcing people to grind easy content doesn't make it "relevant" in my eyes. It just makes it a chore, and punishes you if you refuse to participate.

Dungeons have a natural death cycle and they should accept this. I mean hell, raids do as well. The only people doing highmaul or BRF these days are relatively new players or alts. There's nothing inherently wrong with this, either.

If they are something like garrisons where loots are proportional to your raid progress then man not returining for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Forcing people to grind easy content doesn't make it "relevant" in my eyes. It just makes it a chore, and punishes you if you refuse to participate.

Dungeons have a natural death cycle and they should accept this. I mean hell, raids do as well. The only people doing highmaul or BRF these days are relatively new players or alts. There's nothing inherently wrong with this, either.
    Sure, there comes a point where running a dungeon simply isn't worth it anymore...but that point shouldn't come after you've run it the first time. That was the problem with WoD dungeons. The only reason you run them is to get started on the legendary ring. Once you've done all of those quests you're ready to jump into Highmaul LFR. After that there really isn't any strong reason to continue running dungeons.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Saying about how they love dungeons and how essencial they are to mmo experiance - and then revealing only 9 dungeons, barely better than WoD, equal to MoP. Yeah, seems like a bluff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Sure, there comes a point where running a dungeon simply isn't worth it anymore...but that point shouldn't come after you've run it the first time. That was the problem with WoD dungeons. The only reason you run them is to get started on the legendary ring. Once you've done all of those quests you're ready to jump into Highmaul LFR. After that there really isn't any strong reason to continue running dungeons.
    Did you play WoD when it launched? Dungeons felt exactly the same as they did during any expansion. Some of them were quite hard on heroic, some of them took a while to get used to, especially if you entered it with your 610 ilvl that everyone had and almost no one knew what they were doing. Grinding gear non-stop getting ready for the raids, even if you were fully slotted with 630 gear you still had to farm for Warforged gear and also run CM's to try and get some 640 loot from the dailies.

The start of the expansion was as fine as any other, things just didn't scale that well going forward...
    Personally I think they should add new relevant dungeons to current tier content, see ICC and End Time dungeons, this way you still have people that will run a dungeon because it can be rewarding, not because you have to run a dungeon for some jp/vp/ap/whatever, and you don't have to be a full time raider to get into these dungeons to get the same rewards that a raider would.

(Ahhh sorry I see now you only started doing dungeons after LFR was introduced in WoD, my apologies)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Saying about how they love dungeons and how essencial they are to mmo experiance - and then revealing only 9 dungeons, barely better than WoD, equal to MoP. Yeah, seems like a bluff.
    We might see more in patch or they might not have revealed all of them

Its about quality not quantity, the constant complaint for dungeons since the scrapping of them reward Valour was 'why do them', so I am very happy they are adressing that issue. I actually miss the days of Cata when I would spam dungeons after the reset.

Deleted
    "Valor was bad design, it made players feel required to farm their cap and that was bad design...or so we thought."

Aren't you fucking tired of changes to old systems only to be changed back more or less because they were actually a good idea to begin with and not really bad design?!

I think they will release dungeons at intervals, 5 at launch, 2 at second tier and 2 at last tier

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mytheiya View Post
    I think they will release dungeons at intervals, 5 at launch, 2 at second tier and 2 at last tier
    I think the 9 are for launch and then we will get new ones later on (five is way too low for launch)

Meaning Blizzard hasn't announced any meaningful thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its kind of weird they updated Blackfathom deeps, razorfen kraul, and razorfen dephes but they dont have heroic modes.

im hoping they get heroic modes this expac