Deleted

Help our Spriest & Disc!

Hi all! I am on asking on behalf of our guild for you to have a look at our spriest and disc and see what might be going wrong and what could be improved performance, rotation, even playstyle/talent selection wise. We are having trouble identifying exactly why we're not up to standard raid-wise. Group execution is one thing but I could use your valuable info about our spriest and disc. More detail the better <3

Spriest Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rwolf/advanced
    Disc Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...heria/advanced

LOGS: (Beerwolf is our spriest and Ipheria is our disc)

Soc: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hRdC7Vfav4gzNTFM
    Iskar: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...zNTFM#fight=17
    Council: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...gzNTFM#fight=3
    Kormrok: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...gzNTFM#fight=5

We struggled quite a bit on Xhul'horac (no rogue bear in mind) last week: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/X9jYNdRpc1nDaWMH#

Just so you know I have permission from both to make this thread as I will be going over all raiders for fairness and there's ALWAYS something that can be improved. I'm asking all you amazing fellows about our priests because I wouldn't know where to begin. Both of them will also be following this thread for discussion! xx
    Last edited by mmoc7ca19446df; 2015-08-06 at 10:47 PM.

Allright, finished taking a look.

Your spriest seems to prefer CoP over AS, which while not a bad thing, isn't exactly optimal. They also waste quite a few shadow attempts over the different bosses. That directly correlates to a DPS loss. The main issue I see is they are holding onto DP for quite awhile >15 seconds in some cases. They are also missing a few MB casts which is also a DPS loss. I think the best thing they could do is rethink their talent selection per boss fight and decide what should be the best for the raid group. If adds are living for at least 12 seconds then AS will be a DPS increase as they can dot them up to funnel more orbs and as a by product put more DPS on the boss. Also with T18 4pc, they shouldn't take Insanity unless they need to burn something down very quickly or they need to do burst AoE. Currently their trinkets are horrible for shadow and they need to upgrade those pronto.

Now for your disc priest. Gear looks fine overall. Their uptime on AA is poor overall. Should be used basically on CD. Their overall healing seems fine, they seem to be timing their shields just fine. I'm not maining disc atm, but they look fine to me. Something that is weird to me is that Reparation seems to be on your disc priest. That's the bonus aura from the Holy 2pc, so either WCL is bugged or the Disc 2pc is.
    Last edited by Djriff; 2015-08-07 at 05:56 AM.

I think the shadow priest is doing pretty well for his item level. Could be more flexible with his talent choices as mentioned above. And seriously, give him some damn trinkets. Some combination of reaver/iskar/mannaroth trinkets would be a big improvement. So would the mythic brf caster trinkets from oregorger/beast lord.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Something that is weird to me is that Reparation seems to be on your disc priest. That's the bonus aura from the Holy 2pc, so either WCL is bugged or the Disc 2pc is.
    Its the disc 2 set buff

Doesnt say that in game. Tool tip may be bugged because thats the holy 2set buff.

Deleted
    Now for your disc priest. Gear looks fine overall. Their uptime on AA is poor overall. Should be used basically on CD. Their overall healing seems fine, they seem to be timing their shields just fine. I'm not maining disc atm, but they look fine to me. Something that is weird to me is that Reparation seems to be on your disc priest. That's the bonus aura from the Holy 2pc, so either WCL is bugged or the Disc 2pc is.
    Reparation is the disc 2p buff

Healing is generally going to be suboptimal with a healing crew that doesn't include an H-Pally as a main healer. It's just a problem with the design of the healing specs and tank damage right now.

But I don't really see anything Ipheria is doing that suggest they're playing particularly poorly as a Disc Priest.

Does she have a Weak Auras that flashes PW:Solace when its cooldown is available? There are a lot of missing casts of it (but I can't really say it looks like she's having any mana issues). In general, she could gain upwards of 50% casts of PW:Solace. I don't see a Shadowfiend cast from her anywhere, although I could be missing where to find it on WarcraftLogs (if she's going to use Shadowfiend/Mindbender, she should try to align one use of it with Bloodlust, since it benefits from her haste). Even though Shadowfiend doesn't restore mana anymore, it's still a DPS gain during Bloodlust.

Whenever you guys are running a low healer comp, like having only 3 healers for 16-17 people (especially considering one of your tanks is a Warrior), she could perhaps be running Mindbender over PW:S, because 1 GCD every minute is easier to find the time for than 6 GCD's per minute. But again -- use a WA or something for the cooldown notice. Other than a comp without maining a Holy Pally, I can't really say it looks like you guys are having healing problems...unless your healers find that they are sniping each other a lot?

Her actual healing breakdown looks really appropriate for a Disc Priest, though -- these are all utility nitpicks.

As far as stats, if there's a chance for her to dump some of that Multistrike into Haste...something to get her Haste closer to 15% non-raid buffed (even some Mastery could be sacrificed for it, just not too much). 15% is a great Haste cap for Disc Priests, as the 5% raid buff plus the 30% Lust buff brings the GCD down to its 1 second minimum. I wouldn't recommend going above 15%, but anything upwards of that number I find can be more beneficial than just min-maxing the other secondaries as a Disc Priest.

Deleted
    Disc:
    He doesn't clikc his solace enough for it to be worth, spec mindbender instead and use those 5 extra globals on shielding or keeping his other stuff on CD.
    Low uptime on archangel, penance can be better too, but not as bad.
    Consider speccing out of Clarity of will if it's not going to be used.

His breakdown looks alright, if he fix the things above he just has to focus on predicting damage (which is the main part of disc really), his gear is extremely optimized for disc, and I would go as far and say he could progress quite far into mythic with that gear.

I havn't been able to pick up intuition's gift myself, by I'm almost certain it's better to hold it untill PI is up on fights where there is a powerspike, and then just blanket the raid with big shields.
    With 20 man, and PI you can usually shield around 13-15 ppl, and then use your empowered archangel proc on the last group, if timed right, every1 will have some sort of shield before the dmg, putting you very high up on the healing meter.

Deleted
    Doesnt say that in game. Tool tip may be bugged because thats the holy 2set buff.
    http://imgur.com/jGqe50o

Ignore what I wrote. WCL must be messed up cause it's showing the buff as the Holy 2pc and not the Disc one. My bad.
    Last edited by Djriff; 2015-08-09 at 02:26 AM.

Deleted
    Well...
    Stop overhealing with Penance --> Get the mana reduction trinket instead of the HHC one so you wont go oom.
    Start using Penance on the boss with the 6 stack of t18 2p in order to build your AA stacks rather then smite (38 casts is a HUGE waste of healing/hps on the Sorc fight).

So yh - Penance was used on CD more or less but it overhealed tons -> Using it on the boss instead grants AA stacks and still keeps a nice HPS value.
    And try to keep AA on CD a bit more if possible.

Pic showing the raw hps values behind spells (with my gear and no overhealing)
    www . puu.sh/jroRi/34c631f4f3.png

Tell him/her to add me ingame and i'll have a chat with him/her.
    Sawy#2591
    My logs: www . warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10460837/latest/#boss=1794

(Removed the www . from both links cuz i'm new to the forum and it wont allow me to post said links >.<

ill comment on the disc as that is all that im qualified to comment on

not bad, but if im going to really critique(only looked at kormrok):

more borrowed time uptime-71% is too low...needs to be 90+%
    more archangel uptime
    more reparation uptime
    not using every empowered archangel
    could do a better job of anticipating heavy-dmg mechanics and pre-emptively shield w/ PI to negate mechanic