Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I fee like the Ecto-1 is a station wagon or hearst? Not too sure but dislike it.

Only the classic old school caddy ambu for me.
    While I am a fan of the 1959 Caddy Fleetwood, the 1989 Caddy Brougham still makes for a decent reboot car. But the '59 was the 2nd year for double headlights and that wide, low grill was just sleek.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Bill Murray himself thought Ghostbusters 2 was shit. It's not "bandwagon hating," in this case, you're in the minority.
    I haven't really met many people who think 2 is shit, but more like nowhere near as good as the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I haven't really met many people who think 2 is shit, but more like nowhere near as good as the first one.
    Right it's just the echo chamber of the Internet. For some reason not as good as the 1st somehow equals horrible turd of a movie.

It's silly 2 is a really solid sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    Never going to see this one. I detest Melissa McCarthy, nothing to do with hate for women, just that I find her really annoying.
    This is basically where I find myself, tho I also detest the "LOOK AT THE BLACK WOMAN SHE SO STREET! LOOK! SHE ANGRY AND YELLING! POWER OF PAIN! FUNNY NO!?" trope(s) they seem to have going on with that character.

Plus the trailer is just hideously unfunny.

I'll also add on that I've always really liked Ghostbusters 2, and I've been kind of shocked in recent years when I see the negativity it seems to sometimes generate. I will agree it's not as good as the 1st one, but it's by no means bad.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    id rather have the prequels than no star wars.
    You never had to make that choice. You always had the original trilogy (plus countless expanded universe stuff)

I don't get the hate for Melissa McCarthy. I think she's pretty damn funny. Same with McKinnon. If any of them are overrated, it's Kristen Wiig. Leslie is rated exactly where she should be - nowhere.

I don't get the hate for Melissa McCarthy. I think she's pretty damn funny. Same with McKinnon. If any of them are overrated, it's Kristen Wiig. Leslie is rated exactly where she should be - nowhere.
    I don't even know which one is which so I doubt any of them are overrated. They just had the misfortune of being cast in a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You never had to make that choice. You always had the original trilogy (plus countless expanded universe stuff)
    ill take a shitty movie over a mediocre book anyday.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Proves that only few women can be funny. They always try to hard to be like men. Just be yourself women ffs!

I don't really like McCarthy myself (Bridesmaids, meh), but mostly find the humor boring vs actively stupid. Mike & Molly just isn't funny to me for example, not her, the entire cast/show.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Right, but you could also just have no shitty movies

Right, but you could also just have no shitty movies
    why would i want that? without the prequels we wouldnt have all these amazing star wars movies coming out.

if jar jar binks gave us rogue one than jar jar binks be praised.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

why would i want that? without the prequels we wouldnt have all these amazing star wars movies coming out.

Excuse me but how did the shitty non disney owned prequels lead to the new starwars movies ? There a direct sequel to the old trilogy and have nothing to do with the newer trilogy.

Well, that's a big 'if' which is founded on nothing. Not to mention JJ Abrams or someone from Disney could've done the prequels if they were never done before.

Deleted
    Good reaction

Well, that's a big 'if' which is founded on nothing. Not to mention JJ Abrams or someone from Disney could've done the prequels if they were never done before.
    whether you all like it or not, without the prequels most kids these days would barely know what star wars even is.

the prequels kept star wars in the pop culture spectrum and then continued to do so with the lego games, clone wars series and all the toys and whatnot that went on with that.

without the prequels star wars wouldve ended up like everything else, withering away.

whether you all like it or not, without the prequels most kids these days would barely know what star wars even is.

the prequels kept star wars in the pop culture spectrum and then continued to do so with the lego games, clone wars series and all the toys and whatnot that went on with that.

without the prequels star wars wouldve ended up like everything else, withering away.
    We can't really predict what "might have been". Phantom was 1999, Jedi was 1983, it wasn't like Star Wars was an unknown thing fading away 16 years later. Would a few more years have killed it? Maybe you're right and the awful prequels prompted enough rebellion that new movies were made to "correct" the imbalance, but more likely it was just a matter of Lucas letting go of control.

By the same token, that thinking of "anything is better than nothing" that got us the prequels can also be blamed for letting Lucas into Godmode, forgetting that the original trilogy was not one mans movies. "He's making new Star Wars! Rejoice!" is how we got the stuff we got.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

And the prequels have dragged down what Star Wars is, to a lower level, therefore they do not know what Star Wars really is in the sense of the originals.

"withering away" means nothing. we didn't need the prequels for lego games, they would've gotten around to that when JJ Abrams did the prequels.

Deleted
    Dan Aykroyd is an old man. What does he know.

I'll swap you the prequel trilogy for Zahn's original Thrawn books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.