Page 1 of 3
LastLast

It's Been Fun Death Knights

After 8+ years of WoW and playing my Death Knight for 4 expansion is finally time to call it quits and move on to Demon Hunters.
    I personally hated what WoD did to DKs not only lore wise but mechanically as well. Good luck to everyone else who will continue to enjoy their class. Boring talents and same weapon enchants and rotation for 7 years is enough.

Time for Change.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest waiting to see what the class mechanics are first before subjecting yourself to a class that is going to go through the inevitable and torrid ping pong of buff/nerf as they try to balance it but, eh. Have fun!
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

and you felt the need to announce this why?

Traitor. Go, join those panzy demon hunters and flash your chest around. DKs forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    and you felt the need to announce this why?
    He must think we care if there is one less Dk or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    He must think we care if there is one less Dk or not.
    He's just venting it seems. And to be honest, he does have a point, we've had a lot of shit stay the same for a long time now. I really hope we get some changes to our class (I'm actually hoping for an overhaul to be honest, but that will never happen).

With the emphasis on DW artifact weapons in the presentation, the website showing off the Blood 2h axe, ive a feeling perhaps we wont be getting 2h frost anymore, leaving 2h dps to unholy, which could be good for balancing of our specs.

This excites me more for staying DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I would suggest waiting to see what the class mechanics are first before subjecting yourself to a class that is going to go through the inevitable and torrid ping pong of buff/nerf as they try to balance it but, eh. Have fun!

Yep ^^^ I dropped my warrior in MoP for Monk and every patch it was revamped and reworked, I got so pissed off cuz at first I thought they were great, but blizz screwed the rotation and screwed fist weaving, and I gave up and moved on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cool, these "i quit" or "im rerolling" threads are always so informative and interesting to read

Meanwhile outside of the FOTM-camp ill still be maining my DK another expansion <3
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    There's a similar thread in Rogue and Warlock forums. In general, the classes that feel overlapped by DH are feeling neglected right now
    What you mean there something out there that sounds and may aesthetically look better? How can you feel neglected by a class that does not exist yet. So tired of ppl QQ about absolutely nothing. All you have is looks, and a cool name so far and ppl are crying. Wait Blizz should rename Rogues Demon Rogues and suddenly they are great and loved by blizz right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLCD View Post
    After 8+ years of WoW and playing my Death Knight for 4 expansion is finally time to call it quits and move on to Demon Hunters.
    I personally hated what WoD did to DKs not only lore wise but mechanically as well. Good luck to everyone else who will continue to enjoy their class. Boring talents and same weapon enchants and rotation for 7 years is enough.

Time for Change.
    Please elaborate on what WoD did to DKs lore-wise.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

I don't mind WOD DK mechanics.

Only thing that irks me is the fast they removed heart strike. Being only able to cast ONE fucking ability while silenced is beyond stupidity, and trying to kill shit like the bugs on the dread lord trash dude that require single target damage is obnoxious since we have no blood rune abilities that can hit them.

But as for demon hunters, i'm interested, but it'll depend entirely on a huge number of variables that don't exist. The method they use to mitigate damage for example, how their active mitigation works, what their rotation feels like, and so on.

And actually if you care about DK lore, you'd want to play one in the expansion since it seems so class oriented. Acherus is moving to the new area and is most likely going to be the DK "class hall". Hopefully they spruce it up a bit and make it fancier looking. I also hope the champions DKs get to use are undead minions.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Please elaborate on what WoD did to DKs lore-wise.
    Nothing. They did nothing to DKs in MOP either. And even in Cata. They didn't even mention them. Oh yeah! There was this one quest for the Garrison tavern. I can understand people feeling ignored, but what the fuck?! Trading a DK for a tit flashing elf is not right.

Yea, I bet the first months as Demon Hunter will be fun, changing rotations and so forth every hotfix. Good luck chuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Inb4 Dk's are top 5 dps in Legion. BB Bbgurl.

Deleted
    Who cares what you do? Like 20% will want to reroll because new class.

Deleted
    <3 my warlock, enjoy DK, here I come DH :P

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Nothing. They did nothing to DKs in MOP either. And even in Cata. They didn't even mention them. Oh yeah! There was this one quest for the Garrison tavern. I can understand people feeling ignored, but what the fuck?! Trading a DK for a tit flashing elf is not right.
    Except for the revisitation of Teron Gorefiend? Who in the MU was the real first death knight... Didn't become a death knight in the AU but his lore significance came from what he did in the MU.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Traitor. Go, join those panzy demon hunters and flash your chest around. DKs forever!
    yep him and probably MILLIONS of noobs will be rolling DHs in the forst few months. Us however will be gathering shards of FROSTMOURNE!
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual